Sherman Anti-Trust & Wal-Mart

1 view

Atlantic965

May 31, 2004, 2:34:19 AM5/31/04
Is'nt Wal-Marts 's buying and pricing policies a violation if the Sherman -
Clayton Anti-Trust Act?

Lance Lamboy

May 31, 2004, 3:00:54 PM5/31/04
On Mon, 31 May 2004 02:34:19 -0400, Atlantic965 wrote:

> Is'nt Wal-Marts 's buying and pricing policies a violation if the
> Sherman - Clayton Anti-Trust Act?

It would be except that the Bush administration is Pro-Trust so don't look
for action anytime soon.

Lance Lamboy

Michael Legel

May 31, 2004, 4:04:15 PM5/31/04

"Lance Lamboy" <lance....@lamboy.nospam.com> wrote in message

This is true ... but it runs much deeper than even the Bush Administration.
Pro business thinking is fast becoming a moral belief in our society. Our
local city councils are often quoted as doing what they can to foster good
business climates, etc. in the often mistaken belief that enticing business
will better the community. You see the term "business" too often includes
business like Wal-mart which is anti-American. We need to start looking into
the character of business to make sure they will benefit the needs of our
communities. It can't be taken for granted that goodness is reciprocated by
all companies.