Text suddently moves tot he right margine, won't move back.

Go...@gonzo.com

Aug 25, 2015, 3:39:33 AM8/25/15
Sometimes text moves to the right side of a field.

Running XP SP3, Eudora 7.1.0.9, and Agent 1.93.

I have Hebrew, Arabic, and Russian alphabets enabled, the first two you
know are written from right to left, but in an effort to stop this, I
removed key sequences that were usable to change to those alphabets.
(So now I don't know how to change to the right alphabet even when I
want to.) (In Text Services and Input Languages, which comes from
Regional and Language options, which comes from the Control Panel)

This occurs mostly or entirely in two programs, i) ForteAgent and only
in the composition window, at the top, in the Newsgroups field or the
Subject field. And ii) in Eudora, where all of the text in
the body will sometimes become right justified, line by line, that is,
not changing line breaks.

I must have touched certain keys but I can't find the keys to get the
text back to the left.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Or how I stop it from happening
and how I reverse it when it does happen?

(Please leave all 3 newsgroups so I don't have to read this thread in 3
places.)

(Other than this problem Agent is the most well-behaved program I have,
never really doing anything it wasnt' designed to do (with one small
exception) , and Eudora works very well too except for sometimes saying
Not Responding (or something similar) when I have too many tabs open in
Firefox.)

Go...@gonzo.com

Aug 25, 2015, 3:42:03 AM8/25/15

micky

Aug 25, 2015, 3:47:26 AM8/25/15
In microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, on Tue, 25 Aug 2015 03:39:33

VanguardLH

Aug 25, 2015, 5:12:08 AM8/25/15
Go...@gonzo.com wrote:
^^^^^^^^^
\__ This is your domain or you're granted permission?

Do you really own (are the registrant of) the gonzo.com domain?
According to http://www.whois.com/whois/gonzo.com, the registrant is
hiding behind a private domain registration; i.e., the registrar assumes
the IANA mandated requirement for domain registrations that the
registrant data be valid, like the contact info. So the registrar makes
themself the responsible contact for domain registration so the actual
registrant can hide (at an extra fee).

gonzo.com = 141.0.173.147
IP geolocation = webhoster (serverstack.com) in Amsterdam

Is that you? That's a porn site (good thing I visited with Javascript,
meta-refresh, and add-ons disabled). No wonder the "fucking" site is
hiding behind a private domain registration.

If that is no you then do NOT use someone else's domain in your e-mail
address when you are not granted authority to use that domain. Does
gonzo.com actually run an e-mail service? Some newsreaders already
setup a domain for their users to use, like Forte setting up 4ax.com.
You really should not even use a valid domain that you have not
registered for yourself since sometime later someone else might register
the valid domain and you would be using it without their permission.
Use a domain in the right token of an email address that you do have
permission to use or use an invalid domain (notice mine uses a TLD,
top-level domain, of .LH that is not yet defined so no one could
register a domain with that TLD). Some users use .invalid as the TLD.

You probably picked Gonzo as your moniker and figured to repeat it as
the domain in your spoofed e-mail address. Do you really want to
associate yourself to a porn site?

> Sometimes text moves to the right side of a field.
>
> Running XP SP3, Eudora 7.1.0.9, and Agent 1.93.
>
> I have Hebrew, Arabic, and Russian alphabets enabled, the first two you
> know are written from right to left, but in an effort to stop this, I
> removed key sequences that were usable to change to those alphabets.
> (So now I don't know how to change to the right alphabet even when I
> want to.) (In Text Services and Input Languages, which comes from
> Regional and Language options, which comes from the Control Panel)
>
> This occurs mostly or entirely in two programs, i) ForteAgent and only
> in the composition window, at the top, in the Newsgroups field or the
> Subject field. And ii) in Eudora, where all of the text in
> the body will sometimes become right justified, line by line, that is,
> not changing line breaks.
>
> I must have touched certain keys but I can't find the keys to get the
> text back to the left.
>
> Does anyone know what the problem is? Or how I stop it from happening
> and how I reverse it when it does happen?

Are you composing using HTML or plain text? If HTML, do those programs
let you switch from HTML to plain text mode (which will strip out all
the HTML code)? Maybe you have your newsreader configured to use some
HTML template when composing new messages and it has code in it that
causes the right alignment. See if composing in plain text mode
eliminates the unwanted right alignment (since you are not composing in
Hebrew, Arabic, or Russian).

You said that you installed Hebrew, Arabic, and Russian language
support. What language is selected in the Regional settings? What
keyboard layout was selected?

http://www.qwertytutorials.com/software_tutorials/windows_xp/change_regional_xp.php

That shows the dialogs for changing regional and language settings.
Under the Regional Options tab, which set of language preferences is
selected? Under the Languages tab, and clicking on the Details button
for "Text services and input languages", which keyboard layout is
selected? Under there you see buttons for Language Bar and Key
Settings. One of those probably has hotkeys for changing layout or
language preferences. I suspect by its name that Key Settings defines
hotkeys for quickly switching between languages.

https://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/int_pr_key_sequence.mspx?mfr=true

Although you added Hebrew, Arabic, and Russian language support doesn't
mean you should have those added to your keyboard layout or your for
your language preferences. You might want to configure those to use
just the language you want and then DISABLE text services.

https://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/input_ts_turn_offon.mspx?mfr=true

> (Please leave all 3 newsgroups so I don't have to read this thread in 3
> places.)

Replies should politely reuse the same list of Newsgroups to which you
posted *if* all cross-posted newsgroups are related (e.g., asking about
gardening in a car enthusiast newsgroup would be improper cross posting
so respondents can and probably will pick only the appropriate newsgroup
to which they respond).

You did not [try to] post to 3 newsgroups. You specified 4:

microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
alt.usenet.offline-reader
forte-agen
comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

"forte-agen" (even with adding the missing trailing "t") is not a valid
newsgroup name. Looks like you entered a comma (separates newsgroup
names) instead of a period (demarks parts of a newsgroup name). You
meant alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent but blundered with a comma
instead of period and omitted the "t" at the end. Oops. So your post
went to alt.usenet.offline-reader (a valid newsgroup) but not to the
child forte-agent group.

I'm surprised your newsreader, Forte Agent, even for that ancient 1.93
version, would let you to submit to a newsgroup that does not exist on
the server to which you submitted your article. A good newsreader would
alert you that the newsgroup(s) was(were) not available.

go...@invalid.com

Aug 25, 2015, 6:27:10 PM8/25/15
In comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows, on Tue, 25 Aug 2015 04:12:05 -0500,
VanguardLH <V...@nguard.LH> wrote:

>Go...@gonzo.com wrote:
> ^^^^^^^^^
> \__ This is your domain or you're granted permission?
>
>Do you really own (are the registrant of) the gonzo.com domain?

No.

>According to http://www.whois.com/whois/gonzo.com, the registrant is
>hiding behind a private domain registration; i.e., the registrar assumes
>the IANA mandated requirement for domain registrations that the
>registrant data be valid, like the contact info. So the registrar makes
>themself the responsible contact for domain registration so the actual
>registrant can hide (at an extra fee).
>
>gonzo.com = 141.0.173.147
>IP geolocation = webhoster (serverstack.com) in Amsterdam
>
>Is that you? That's a porn site (good thing I visited with Javascript,
>meta-refresh, and add-ons disabled).

Because the same sites deliver viruses?

> No wonder the "fucking" site is
>hiding behind a private domain registration.
>
>If that is no you then do NOT use someone else's domain in your e-mail
>address when you are not granted authority to use that domain. Does
>gonzo.com actually run an e-mail service? Some newsreaders already
>setup a domain for their users to use, like Forte setting up 4ax.com.
>You really should not even use a valid domain that you have not
>registered for yourself since sometime later someone else might register
>the valid domain and you would be using it without their permission.
>Use a domain in the right token of an email address that you do have
>permission to use or use an invalid domain (notice mine uses a TLD,
>top-level domain, of .LH that is not yet defined so no one could
>register a domain with that TLD). Some users use .invalid as the TLD.
>
>You probably picked Gonzo as your moniker and figured to repeat it as
>the domain in your spoofed e-mail address. Do you really want to
>associate yourself to a porn site?

Yes, you're right.

No, of course not. That possibility didn't occur to me. I'm sorry. I
won't do it again.