arrow keys

Noah Sombrero

Aug 2, 2021, 8:50:38 PM8/2/21

Arrow keys in the new email or usenet post edit window scroll window
content instead of moving the cursor. I searched, but didn't find a
setting that would cause this. In all other parts of the user
interface, the arrow keys act normally. This includes the num key pad
and the single purpose arrow keys.

It is annoying, but not terminal. What can I do to stop this
behavior?
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Aug 2, 2021, 9:31:04 PM8/2/21
On Mon, 02 Aug 2021 20:50:35 -0400, Noah Sombrero <fed...@fea.st>
wrote:
Reply windows too. I have v8.
--
Noah Sombrero

Noah Sombrero

Aug 2, 2021, 9:32:32 PM8/2/21
On Mon, 02 Aug 2021 21:30:11 -0400, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlf...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 02 Aug 2021 20:50:35 -0400, Noah Sombrero <fed...@fea.st> declaimed
>the following:
>

>>It is annoying, but not terminal. What can I do to stop this
>>behavior?
>
> Additional -- check the help file index for "scroll lock".

You are right. I turned it on and off. That did it. Thanks.
--
Noah Sombrero

KenW

Aug 3, 2021, 6:20:44 AM8/3/21
On Mon, 02 Aug 2021 21:27:31 -0400, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlf...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 02 Aug 2021 20:50:35 -0400, Noah Sombrero <fed...@fea.st> declaimed
>the following:
>

> Set your keyboard "scroll lock"... That seems to have done it for me (I
>suspect I need to reboot and retest; I don't recall having to use scroll
>lock in the past either)

Years ago I got messed up with the Scroll Lock thing. Since there is
no indication for on/off, I found a program, TrayStatus a few weeks
ago. There is a free and pro version. My laptops do not have a led for
drive activity, the program has that also. I may just purchase the Pro
version.

KenW

Arthur Conan Doyle

Aug 3, 2021, 9:19:40 AM8/3/21
KenW <ken...@invalid.net> wrote:

>Years ago I got messed up with the Scroll Lock thing. Since there is
>no indication for on/off, I found a program, TrayStatus a few weeks
>ago

Or get a different keyboard. The Scroll Lock key on mine lights up when active.

--
Usenet: The world's first (and best) social network.

Ralph Fox

Aug 3, 2021, 2:46:36 PM8/3/21
On Tue, 03 Aug 2021 04:20:31 -0600, KenW wrote:

> Years ago I got messed up with the Scroll Lock thing. Since there is
> no indication for on/off, I found a program, TrayStatus a few weeks
> ago. There is a free and pro version. My laptops do not have a led for
> drive activity, the program has that also. I may just purchase the Pro
> version.

Even if your keyboard has a scroll lock indicator, that indicator is
not much use with Agent. Each of Agent's panes can have Scroll Lock
set separately, so they cannot all match your keyboard's scroll lock
indicator. Always look at the SCRL near the right-hand end of Agent's
status bar.

See the help file: Help >> Index >> Scroll Lock Behavior >> Scroll Lock Behavior

For the reasons just described, you need not be surprised or alarmed
if the scroll lock indicator light does not match the behavior in one
of Agent's panes. Always refer to the status bar to determine whether
scroll lock is enabled or disabled for the pane in focus.

--
Kind regards
Ralph