Get New Messages Automatically

Ken Blake

Aug 19, 2022, 9:32:13 AM8/19/22
I'm using Agent 6.0. I'd like it to get new newsgroup messages
automatically every X minutes. I don't think there's a way to do this,
but just in case I'm missing something, I thought I would ask here.

Arthur T.

Aug 19, 2022, 10:32:04 AM8/19/22
In Message-ID:<624vfhpju5lq14nkv...@4ax.com>,
I'm fairly sure you're right.

But, if you're not afraid of programming and learning new languages,
you might try AutoIt. "AutoIt v3 is a freeware BASIC-like scripting
language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general
scripting." You could either have the script running constantly and
popping itself up every x minutes, or have it do one-and-done and pop
it via Windows's scheduler.

Last time I downloaded it, it was from
http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Opinicus

Aug 20, 2022, 12:08:46 AM8/20/22
On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 06:32:11 -0700, Ken Blake <K...@invalid.news.com>
wrote:

> I'm using Agent 6.0. I'd like it to get new newsgroup messages
> automatically every X minutes. I don't think there's a way to do this,
> but just in case I'm missing something, I thought I would ask here.

Without an external script or something, you can't do this in Agent.
Preventing automatic newsgroup message retrieval seems to be a design
feature deliberately hardwired into the program.

--
Bob
The people your parents warned you about

Ken Blake

Aug 20, 2022, 9:48:37 AM8/20/22
On Sat, 20 Aug 2022 07:08:43 +0300, Opinicus
<gez...@spamcop.net.which.is.not.quite.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 06:32:11 -0700, Ken Blake <K...@invalid.news.com>
>wrote:
>
>> I'm using Agent 6.0. I'd like it to get new newsgroup messages
>> automatically every X minutes. I don't think there's a way to do this,
>> but just in case I'm missing something, I thought I would ask here.
>
>Without an external script or something, you can't do this in Agent.

Thanks. As I thought.