Missing message part

1 view

not...@me.com

Jan 11, 2023, 5:40:00 AM1/11/23
I sometimes have to search for a missing part from a multi part
message. It is usually found at a long date ago, sometimes years.
Why does this happen? Is there a setting that I am missing?

Arthur T.

Jan 11, 2023, 1:47:27 PM1/11/23
In Message-ID:<c94trh1osekgemthl...@4ax.com>,
You haven't given me enough information to be sure of this, but if
it's part of a previous thread, check the newsgroup for "hash
collision".

--
Arthur T. - ar23hur "at" pobox "dot" com

Nobody

Jan 11, 2023, 6:36:39 PM1/11/23
On Wed, 11 Jan 2023 13:48:41 -0500, Arthur T. <art...@munged.invalid>
wrote:

>In Message-ID:<c94trh1osekgemthl...@4ax.com>,
>not...@me.com wrote:
>
>>I sometimes have to search for a missing part from a multi part
>>message. It is usually found at a long date ago, sometimes years.
>>Why does this happen? Is there a setting that I am missing?
>
>You haven't given me enough information to be sure of this, but if
>it's part of a previous thread, check the newsgroup for "hash
>collision".

And easily established by turning off *threaded sort* by clicking on
the *thread* icon next to *Lines*.

That'll indicate where in the dim past an olde thread is being added
to with new, unconnected postings.

Revert to threaded and find the errant *Subject*. Delete all the olde
postings... and Agent should then place those "missing parts" into the
newer correct thread.

not...@me.com

Jan 12, 2023, 4:00:17 AM1/12/23
Thanks, will give that a go.