cancelling apn

lucr...@florence.it

Sep 18, 2023, 9:29:36 AM9/18/23
I begin to feel a racket is running now! I have faultlessly paid
every month for years now but since I found I could not get any help
from apn, I cancelled. They have now started billing me on another
account and this morning I am waiting on the phone for seemingly hours
to get that blocked.

They've fallen a long way from what they were originally.

lucr...@florence.it

Sep 19, 2023, 6:58:44 AM9/19/23
On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 00:45:04 +0000, Jim H <inv...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Sep 2023 10:29:34 -0300, in
><e1kggidj1ns4j3bhd...@4ax.com>, lucr...@florence.it
>wrote:
>I totally fail to understand why anyone spends hours on the phone
>trying to cancel a subscription. If any place makes it that hard to
>do, they deserve no courtesy. Contact your bank, credit card company,
>whatever they're charging and ask that the charge be taken back and no
>more charges be paid. Tell them why... that it's impossible to contact
>them to cancel the subscription. You could ask for confirmation that
>nothing else will be paid if you want a bit more peace of mind.
>
>However... when we all signed up we were given an acount with link,
>username and password.
>
>Here's the link
>https://newsaccount.forteinc.com/
>
>I just logged into my account and assume I could cancel it if I wanted
>to.

I tried that, first for assistance, then when none came and the
service deteriorated further, I tried it to say cancel. Whenever I
messaged I received an almost instant response saying my problem was
being attended to?

They have now had three months payment for no service, so I figure the
only way is to block the payment at my bank, not quite as easy as I
thought it would be :(

lucr...@florence.it

Sep 19, 2023, 12:22:59 PM9/19/23
On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 14:40:54 +0000, Jim H <inv...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 07:58:42 -0300, in
><vfvigi9si90erng9s...@4ax.com>, lucr...@florence.it
>wrote:
>>
>>They have now had three months payment for no service, so I figure the
>>only way is to block the payment at my bank, not quite as easy as I
>>thought it would be :(
>
>If a phone call to the bank doesn't get it done, visit in person, ask
>for written confirmation, and let them know that if one more payment
>is made a complaint will go to
>FDIC Information and Support Center at
>https://ask.fdic.gov/fdicinformationandsupportcenter/s/
>
>Seriously! It's your money and you control it.

They were billing my RBC Visa card and the most simple way I found was
to 'lock' the card. Will see what happens next month, if need be, the
card can go and I doubt that will make RBC happy.

lucr...@florence.it

Sep 20, 2023, 2:30:57 PM9/20/23
On Wed, 20 Sep 2023 15:56:58 +0000, Jim H <inv...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 08:40:07 -0700, in
><k5gjgip6a0ac4hqe3...@4ax.com>, Borke...@13of9.com
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 14:40:54 +0000, Jim H <inv...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 19 Sep 2023 07:58:42 -0300, in
>>><vfvigi9si90erng9s...@4ax.com>, lucr...@florence.it

>>>If a phone call to the bank doesn't get it done, visit in person, ask
>>>for written confirmation, and let them know that if one more payment
>>>is made a complaint will go to
>>>FDIC Information and Support Center at
>>>https://ask.fdic.gov/fdicinformationandsupportcenter/s/
>>
>>Assuming, of course, that you're in the USA.
>
>Oy vey... then the OP needs to contact the equivalent agency in his
>country if his bank or credit card company won't stop paying after he
>tells them to stop. It's not rocket science.

I believe the credit card companies are actually separate to the banks
but I think my threat of not really needing my Visa card and maybe it
is more simple if I just cancel, is going to work :)

Nobody

Sep 20, 2023, 2:48:36 PM9/20/23
If your *RBC* reference in a separate posting is Canadian, then the
Royal Bank of Canada is the issuer of the card.

Visa is a clearinghouse between merchants and the issuer.

lucr...@florence.it

Sep 20, 2023, 4:18:36 PM9/20/23
Yes, the bank hands them out, but if you have probs you have to deal
with Visa :(

Nobody

Sep 20, 2023, 6:30:02 PM9/20/23
I think you'll find you're dealing with a division of/within RBC.
Their credit card contact number (1-800-769-2512) is in series with
other RBC services.

Ditto for other Canuck banks I deal with. My CIBC Classic Visa (same
number plus three more digits from an original Chargex card of the
late 60's...) is even my on-line banking account access log-in.

And other banks too...