Forte Agent Desk-Top Icon?

1 view

Spi...@clouds.net

Aug 18, 2022, 8:47:48 PM8/18/22
I have just upgraded my computer to Kubuntu 22.4.1. When I installed
Agent using wine, there was no desktop icon and I can't find one on my
system.

I found a few "pictures of Agent" which I'm trying to substitue for
icons, but they are lacking. Does anyone know where to find a decent
icon for this program might be found?

Thank you for your help

gfre...@aol.com

Aug 19, 2022, 1:00:06 AM8/19/22
I can post V1 and V8 on my web site if you can't find them.

Ralph Fox

Aug 19, 2022, 4:27:39 AM8/19/22
On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 20:47:45 -0400, Spi...@clouds.net wrote:

There is a decent icon for Forté Agent here, in Windows .ico format
<https://web.archive.org/web/20040805200319/http://www.iconstructions.com/icons.html>

However for Linux I imagine you might want a portable format like PNG.

1. There were Agent and Free Agent icon images on the old feature
comparison page. You can see them here:
     <https://web.archive.org/web/20060625212006/http://www.forteinc.com:80/agent/features.php>

2. Forté used to have a gallery of images on their website.
Some are suitable, and others could be cropped to size.
You can see the gallery here:
     <https://web.archive.org/web/20050818032538/http://forteinc.com:80/gallery/index.php>

3. There were some "Film Noir" style Agent logo images
* One is in the left column of the Forté's home page here:
         <https://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php>
* You can see some other ones here:
         <https://web.archive.org/web/20040626132240/http://www.forteinc.com/survey/agentlogo.php>

If your system needs PNG then you might need to convert some of these
from GIF or JPEG to PNG.

FWIW when I installed Agent using Wine (in Linux Mint Cinnamon) 2 years ago,
Wine automatically put Agent icon images (in PNG format) in these folders:
~/.local/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps
~/.local/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps
~/.local/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps

--
Kind regards
Ralph

🕵 Agent Unicode Test: ’𝑇𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑏𝑙𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑏𝑢𝑡 🕱 𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔱𝔥 𝑎𝑛𝑑 💸 𝕋𝕒𝕩𝕖𝕤。

Spi...@clouds.net

Aug 19, 2022, 7:16:55 AM8/19/22
On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 20:27:32 +1200, Ralph Fox <-rf-nz-@-.invalid>
wrote:
Thank you very much, Ralph. Yes, they are right where you said. And
they were on my old install of Linux. Sometimes computers can be
tempermental. Now that you found it for me I'll never be missing it
again.

>Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN wlf...@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/
>
>Inside the executable... There are 31 different icons in the
>executable, though only about 8 are appropriate for desktop (there are
>something like four "red X" icons).
>
>How to extract one? Can't say -- only that on Windows,
>right-click/Properties on a /shortcut/ to Agent presents a "Change Icon"
>option, and that option searches within the executable.

Thank you. That would work on Windows... not the best way to easily
get it on Linux

>gfre...@aol.com
>
>I can post V1 and V8 on my web site if you can't find them.

Thank you. But it looks like Ralph found them for me right on my
system. I appreciate your offer.