Agent Usenet Still Working?

Puffer Belly

Aug 20, 2022, 11:26:19 AM8/20/22
My credit cards have validate errors, and most of Forte's website has
502 Bad Gateway errors. Have they shutdown? I noticed this problem
starting August 17 but it probably started begin then.

I've since switched to Usenet.Farm. Any opinions about it?

Thanks,
PB

SoWhat

Aug 20, 2022, 7:27:04 PM8/20/22
On Sat, 20 Aug 22 15:26:18 UTC, Puffer Belly <anon...@anonymous.org>
wrote:
From here Forte's site works fine.

Usenet.Farm is a solid provider, but you can get a cheaper deal:

https://newsgroupdirect.com/usenet-deals

Ralph Fox

Aug 20, 2022, 7:33:54 PM8/20/22
On Sat, 20 Aug 22 15:26:18 UTC, Puffer Belly wrote:

> My credit cards have validate errors, and most of Forte's website has
> 502 Bad Gateway errors. Have they shutdown? I noticed this problem
> starting August 17 but it probably started begin then.

Agent Usenet is working for me. It has been working all along.

I saw 502 Bad Gateway errors with Forte's website for a few days only.
Forte's website is now up and working again.

Most of Forte's website is hosted by a completely different company (AWS)
to the Agent Usenet news server (HW Media). An outage at one company
need not affect the other.

On the credit card validation error, check these:

1. When your bank sends you a new credit card with a new expiry date,
you need to log into Agent Usenet Account Manager
<https://newsaccount.forteinc.com/> and update your credit card
details.

2. Check with your bank whether and if so why your bank is rejecting
the CC payment request from Forté.

3. Also in Agent Usenet Account Manager
<https://newsaccount.forteinc.com/>, check that your name in the
Credit Card Billing Information section matches *exactly* your
name as it is printed on the credit card. If your bank is feeling
cautious, your bank may reject the CC payment request when there
are slight differences between the request and your card.

--
Kind regards
Ralph