Free usenet (text/binary) servers

Charles Galloway

Jun 25, 2017, 11:16:18 AM6/25/17
I use APN but wondered what others use. I'm in the eastern US and on
a fixed income (read disabled and on social security)

Barry Schwarz

Jun 25, 2017, 11:48:08 AM6/25/17
Look into
aioe.org
http://motzarella.org
http://dotsrc.org/usenet
http://teranews.com
http://eternal-september.org

I don't know which ones are still active but they were either free or
dirt cheap.

--
Remove del for email

char...@tzymail.com

Jun 25, 2017, 1:52:49 PM6/25/17
>On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 11:16:16 -0400, Charles Galloway <CSGal...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> I use APN but wondered what others use. I'm in the eastern US and on
>a fixed income (read disabled and on social security)

Also, Giganews.net
Charliech

Joy Beeson

Jun 26, 2017, 8:51:31 PM6/26/17
On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 08:48:05 -0700, Barry Schwarz <schw...@dqel.com>
wrote:
I believe that motzarella.org changed its name to Eternal September.
Eternal September is still active and gives excellent service.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Ralph Fox

Jun 27, 2017, 3:56:06 AM6/27/17
On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 11:16:16 -0400, Charles Galloway wrote:

> Subject: Free usenet (text/binary) servers

> I use APN but wondered what others use.

I use APN. It is not free, but at $2.95/25GB each month it is
very reasonable.

You are very unlikely to find a _free_ binary server that is usable.
Unless your ISP provides one. These days, fewer and fewer ISPs do.

If you download less than 5GB per month, you might find it cheaper
to buy a $10.00/25GB non-expiring block account from astraweb.com
or usenet-news.net.

For free text-only servers (no binaries), check out

* AIOE -- http://news.aioe.org/
* Albasani -- http://albasani.net/index.html.en
* Eternal September -- http://www.eternal-september.org/

> I'm in the eastern US and on
> a fixed income (read disabled and on social security)

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Ken Blake

Aug 24, 2017, 7:39:20 PM8/24/17
On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 23:50:39 +0200, FredW <fr...@ninmule.invalid>
wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 16:29:53 +0100, Marc Wilson
><E-0C0013...@cleopatra.co.uk> wrote:
>>In alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.modified, (Ralph Fox) wrote in
>><tj24lc1p5caml7i4t...@4ax.com>::
>>

>>>For free text-only servers (no binaries), check out
>>>
>>> * AIOE -- http://news.aioe.org/
>>> * Albasani -- http://albasani.net/index.html.en
>>> * Eternal September -- http://www.eternal-september.org/
>>
>>Or for a very cheap and rock-solid text-only service, individual.net
>>charges 10€ per year; it's run by the Free Univerity of Berlin.
>

>News.Individual.NET
>http://news.individual.net/
>Access world-wide Usenet for only 10 EUR per year
>
>This is my main and most reliable news server.
>
>I use Albasani as a secondary news server.

It's not expensive, but before I consider changing to it, please tell
us in what way it's better than the free servers: AIOE, Albasani, and
Eternal September.

Bart Dinnissen

Aug 25, 2017, 11:11:45 AM8/25/17
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 14:22:02 +0200, in alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.modified FredW
<fr...@ninmule.invalid> wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 16:39:12 -0700, Ken Blake <K...@invalid.news.com>
>wrote:
>>On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 23:50:39 +0200, FredW <fr...@ninmule.invalid>
>>wrote:

>>>News.Individual.NET
>>>http://news.individual.net/
>>>Access world-wide Usenet for only 10 EUR per year
>>>
>>>This is my main and most reliable news server.
>>>
>>>I use Albasani as a secondary news server.
>>

>>It's not expensive, but before I consider changing to it, please tell
>>us in what way it's better than the free servers: AIOE, Albasani, and
>>Eternal September.
>

>NIN in one word:
>Reliable, reliable, reliable
>(and very, very many text groups)

NIN is my server too for text groups. In ten or more years I have had no complaints at all. I' ve
contacted them twice to help me with something and both times I had an accurate response within a
day, in English too. Highly recommended.

--
Bart Dinnissen

Ken Blake

Aug 25, 2017, 11:31:45 AM8/25/17
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 14:22:02 +0200, FredW <fr...@ninmule.invalid>
wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 16:39:12 -0700, Ken Blake <K...@invalid.news.com>
>wrote:
>NIN in one word:
>Reliable, reliable, reliable
>(and very, very many text groups)
>
>My experience with Aioe and External September is that they have hiccups
>from time to time.
>I used to use them but I drifted away to more carefree news servers.

OK, thanks. But my experience is different from yours, and I see no
reason to change from Eternal September. I find that it is also very
reliable. If it's ever hiccupped, I don't remember it, and it carries
all the newsgroups I want. So little as 10 EUR a year may be, I see no
reason to pay it.

s|b

Aug 25, 2017, 5:20:50 PM8/25/17
On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 16:39:12 -0700, Ken Blake wrote:

> It's not expensive, but before I consider changing to it, please tell
> us in what way it's better than the free servers: AIOE, Albasani, and
> Eternal September.

Well, you're allowed more than 40 postings each day (Aioe.org) for one.
And I can confirm it's very reliable. So are Albasani and Aioe. ES not
so much in my experience, but when it's down it doesn't take long to get
it up and running again. At least, that's my experience. I have account
for all three newsservers /and/ NIN.

I'm not sure about the others, but NIN doesn't show your IP in the
headers.

--
s|b

Ken Blake

Aug 25, 2017, 6:28:59 PM8/25/17
On Fri, 25 Aug 2017 23:20:56 +0200, "s|b" <m...@privacy.invalid> wrote:

>On Thu, 24 Aug 2017 16:39:12 -0700, Ken Blake wrote:
>
>> It's not expensive, but before I consider changing to it, please tell
>> us in what way it's better than the free servers: AIOE, Albasani, and
>> Eternal September.
>
>Well, you're allowed more than 40 postings each day (Aioe.org) for one.

I use ES. I don't know how many posts it allows per day, but I've
never been told I was posting too many

>And I can confirm it's very reliable. So are Albasani and Aioe. ES not
>so much in my experience, but when it's down it doesn't take long to get
>it up and running again. At least, that's my experience. I have account
>for all three newsservers /and/ NIN.

My ES experience is different from yours. Maybe I've been lucky, but I
don't remember its ever being down.

>I'm not sure about the others, but NIN doesn't show your IP in the
>headers.

I just checked my messages here. Neither does ES.

nico...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2018, 1:40:54 PM1/15/18
SCAMMER Alert: STEVE DAN also known as STIVE JEAN-PAUL DAN also known as STEVE JEAN-PAUL DAN

If you have more information about this scammer: please contact me.
If you are scammed by this person then also please contact me. I am collecting as much as possible information about this scammer so I can make sure this person can be prosecuted to the fullest extend.

name: STIVE JEAN-PAUL DAN
also known as: STEVE JEAN-PAUL DAN
also known as: STEVE DAN
nationality: French

Steve's wife: Johaly Torres

companies of Steve:
compan 1: TRANSCOM: www.TRANSCOM.IO
company 2: www.soybit.com
company 3: www.dancm.com/

Helpdesk employee of Soybit.com: Julian A. Daza

link which shows steve: http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Georgia/Dawson-County-GA/Stive-Jean-Paul-Dan.20369574.html

Steve is the owner of http://soybit.com/ and Steve sold about 3 million usd of my bitcoin for me. Steve send me a small part of this amount and then dissapeared with the money he owed me.

Steve has a bank account at Citibank Hong Kong. Steve's private banker is Angela at Citibank Hong Kong. I have here a part of steve's bank account statements which shows that he has received about 1.5 million on his citibank account. Another 1.6 million usd of my BTC Steve sold through www.gatecoin.com

For anyone who can help me getting back my money I have a ten percent reward in percentage of the money returned to me. Upon contacting me you will get all information needed. Also I am working with authorities, so also authorities need to be informed of any action.

The more people know about Steve, the higher the chance is that he will get his karma. Send me all your info you have of him. Rewards for information that can lead to recovery of my funds are available. Reward of information about Steve which I do not already posses is also available.

please contact via my email: nicon6936 @ gmail . com