ATTN Bill

younggod

May 20, 2015, 4:15:09 PM5/20/15
Good to see SharkPost can still be found (and you).

I misplaced my copy several years ago. Now that I started posting
again, SharkPost is still my first choice.

younggod
Message has been deleted

younggod

May 21, 2015, 3:20:50 PM5/21/15
On Wed, 20 May 2015 23:27:28 +0000 (UTC), "Bill" wrote:
>I'm still using it every day!
>
>I just reposted it in alt.binaries.pictures.leek
>
>SharkPst.exe CRC32:5EEB1CC5
>
>I am open to bug reports and feature requests.

Thank you. Grabbed it and using it now.

It's already finely honed in my modest opinion. As you wrote once, it
allows posting with far less clicks than the other posting programs.

But if I encounter bugs or have requests, I will let you know in here.

You did mention some years ago that you broke the message-ID generator
in this release. I have not checked, though.

younggod

younggod

May 27, 2015, 4:26:34 PM5/27/15
After using the latest version for a week, I noticed some
non-obtrusive bugs. And I have a minor feature request.

- request: add a menu item or button to show the posting progress
window
- bug: after closing SP, I receive an error message 'Memory Leak from
undeleted TaskObjects'
- when my internet connection is lost (unplugged cable, for example),
SP closes; no error messages

younggod
Message has been deleted

younggod

May 31, 2015, 3:16:40 PM5/31/15
On Wed, 27 May 2015 21:59:36 +0000 (UTC), "Bill" wrote:

>younggod <youn...@alt.binaries.old.games> wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>View->Program Settings->General Settings->Show Progress Dialog
>After Pressing Post
>
>I don't remember why I got rid of the toolbar button. I'll
>add one back in the next revision.

Hmm, Program Settings is grayed out during posting. No show stopper;
just a minor request.

>>- bug: after closing SP, I receive an error message 'Memory Leak from
>>undeleted TaskObjects'
>
>Hm. No idea why that's happening. Are there any entries left
>unposted? Does deleting the *.que file clear the error message?

Every file posted, automatically removed from queue and added to the
history file. I'll try and delete the queue file after my current
queue is finished in half a day.

>>- when my internet connection is lost (unplugged cable, for example),
>>SP closes; no error messages
>
>Lost while posting?

yes

>The app definitely could use more error checks. It doesn't
>check for files deleted before they get posted for example.
>
>In any event, thanks for the report! I don't know when I'll
>put out another revision, but I will announce it here when
>I do.

You're welcome. I will keep an eye on this group.

I also noticed some erratic behaviour of SP when minimizing to the
system tray and maximizing. It suddenly closed.

I turned off the option afterwards but I'll try and reproduce it.

younggod
Message has been deleted

younggod

Jun 5, 2015, 3:31:39 PM6/5/15
On Tue, 2 Jun 2015 01:12:51 +0000 (UTC), "Bill" wrote:

>younggod <youn...@alt.binaries.old.games> wrote:
>
>[...]
>>I also noticed some erratic behaviour of SP when minimizing to the
>>system tray and maximizing. It suddenly closed.
>>
>>I turned off the option afterwards but I'll try and reproduce it.
>
>I always have it minimized to the tray and leave it running
>that way for weeks, posting files every day. I have no idea
>why it should be causing problems, but I'll look at the code
>and see if there ways I can check for errors.

Thanks.

One more thing I noticed: when I choose to post the NFO files as 0/*
messages, the NFO file itself is not queued.

I seem to remember this was the case in earlier versions of SP, that I
could post the contents of the NFO als 0/* text and the NFO file
itself.

Was this changed?

Secondly, would you be care to post a list of the undocumented
features? Or do you refer to the release notes, where several are
described?
Message has been deleted