I'm sure this has been asked: recomendation for hex editor to patch Agent?

pyotr filipivich

Jun 10, 2021, 10:25:58 AM6/10/21

I realized as I kill filed yet another set of spammers, I really do
need to get around to patching the temporary filter expiration issue.
I just lack the hex editor. Or maybe I have an editor but didn't know
you could do that with it.

anyway, I don't need all the bells and whistles, just enough to patch
agent and go. (I realize though, that once you have a tool, "It's
amazing how often one can find a 'need' for it.")

thanks
--
pyotr filipivich
"Have the Anarchists ever stopped to consider that if they bring

Barry Schwarz

Jun 10, 2021, 11:02:18 AM6/10/21
On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 07:25:51 -0700, pyotr filipivich
<ph...@mindspring.com> wrote:

>I realized as I kill filed yet another set of spammers, I really do
>need to get around to patching the temporary filter expiration issue.
>I just lack the hex editor. Or maybe I have an editor but didn't know
>you could do that with it.
>
>anyway, I don't need all the bells and whistles, just enough to patch
>agent and go. (I realize though, that once you have a tool, "It's
>amazing how often one can find a 'need' for it.")

I have found Hex Editor from HHD software effective, easy to use, and
free.

--
Remove del for email

pyotr filipivich

Jun 10, 2021, 7:48:48 PM6/10/21
Barry Schwarz <schw...@delq.com> on Thu, 10 Jun 2021 08:02:16 -0700
typed in alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.modified the
following:
Thanks, will give it a looksee in my copious spare time..
--
pyotr filipivich
This Week's Panel: Us & Them - Eliminating Them.

s|b

Jun 13, 2021, 8:45:31 AM6/13/21
On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:15:15 -0400, Dennis Lee Bieber wrote:

> I used HxD https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/ (hmm, time to upgrade -- I'm
> still on 1.7.x)

I've used HxD as well. Mind you, I did not know what I was doing, just
following Ralph's instructions.

--
s|b