Re: Enlarge Dialog Boxes, like Attachment

Ralph Fox

Nov 2, 2018, 3:00:20 AM11/2/18
On Thu, 01 Nov 2018 17:10:05 -0400, Arno Martens wrote:

> Hello Ralph,
>
> Yes, this is a blast from the past.
> About 12 - 15 years ago you suggested I should ask here how to do that.
> The time has finally come where it would be very important to me to be
> able to enlarge dialog boxes in width as well as height.
>
> Is there a relatively simple way/instructions that I too cold follow?

1. The relatively simple way is to adjust your Windows desktop scaling.
This will scale all programs, not just Agent.

All popular browser versions for the last few years will handle
this.

In Windows 10: Start >> Settings >> System >> Display >> Change the size of text, apps, and other items.

Windows 10 will make most programs scale properly. For the few
which still don't scale properly you can fix them by going to
"(right-click on program) >> Properties >> 'Compatibility' tab"
and adjusting the "Change high DPI settings" options to make
the program work better.

2. If you really, really, really want to do this only for Agent ...

See this link for instructions how to enlarge the popup
spelling correction dialog box:
<https://groups.google.com/d/topic/alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent.modified/8i51OwllgD0>

You will have to repeat the same sort of thing separately for each
dialog box which you want to enlarge. And you will find that:
* Only some dialog boxes can be enlarged;
* Some dialog boxes cannot be enlarged at all;
* And for some dialog boxes, only part of the dialog box will become enlarged.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

ᴺᵒᵛ⁵🔥🎆🎇🧨

Gianni Turri

Nov 2, 2018, 10:02:29 AM11/2/18
Or you can try this old but still working utility:

ResizeEnable
http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/ResizeEnable/index.html

Turn Non-Resizeable Windows into Resizeable Windows
https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/11799/turn-non-resizeable-windows-into-rezieable-windows/

Simply run it and leave it running in the taskbar:
every dialog windows will become resizeable.

From its About box:

ResizeEnable v1.4
(C) 2001/2002/2003 Digi Tallis Developments
http://www.digitallis.co.uk

ResizeEnable is a dirty system hack that makes some unresizeable windows resizeable.
Not all windows will respond correctly, but the majority of them will.

There are no fancy window resizing calculations happening!
The contents of a resized window will just stretch to fit the new size!

HTH
--
Gianni

Gianni Turri

Nov 2, 2018, 8:16:45 PM11/2/18
On Fri, 02 Nov 2018 15:13:56 -0400, Arno Martens <sne...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Fri, 02 Nov 2018 15:02:29 +0100, Gianni Turri
>Certainly intriguing but I am not interested to have the window, as seen
>at http://tinypic.com/m/k9cmlu/1 ,and its content stretched.
>What I am after is to see more columns and rows within the window..
>
>Thank you for trying.

Try it, it is a very small piece of software, no installation required, is portable, and do exactly what you are asking for.

--
Gianni

Ralph Fox

Nov 6, 2018, 2:56:55 AM11/6/18
On Fri, 02 Nov 2018 15:13:56 -0400, Arno Martens wrote:

> Certainly intriguing but I am not interested to have the window, as seen
> at http://tinypic.com/m/k9cmlu/1 ,and its content stretched.
> What I am after is to see more columns and rows within the window..
>
> Thank you for trying.

Gianni's suggestion of ResizeEnable does look like what you are
asking for.

* The program's own screen-shots show it giving you more
columns in a dialog box.
* Look at the two pictures at the top right of the page
at <http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/ResizeEnable/index.html>.

For a open file dialog box, it looks like it would give you 'A' in
this picture:

<https://i.imgur.com/2Et3E7K.gif>

If it did not resize/stretch any of the boxes inside the dialog,
you could get 'B' -- which would not be much use to you.

It certainly does NOT give you 'C', if the program's own screen-shots
are anything to go by.

--
Kind regards
Ralph

Bill Day

Jan 27, 2019, 4:07:25 PM1/27/19
On Fri, 02 Nov 2018 15:02:29 +0100, Gianni Turri
<removethi...@andthisgmail.com> wrote:

>ResizeEnable
>http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/ResizeEnable/index.html
>
>Turn Non-Resizeable Windows into Resizeable Windows
>https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/11799/turn-non-resizeable-windows-into-rezieable-windows/
>
>Simply run it and leave it running in the taskbar:
>every dialog windows will become resizeable.
>
>From its About box:
>
>ResizeEnable v1.4
>(C) 2001/2002/2003 Digi Tallis Developments
>http://www.digitallis.co.uk
>
>ResizeEnable is a dirty system hack that makes some unresizeable windows resizeable.
>Not all windows will respond correctly, but the majority of them will.
>
>There are no fancy window resizing calculations happening!
>The contents of a resized window will just stretch to fit the new size!
>
>HTH
Wonderful! I asked awhile back why Agent didn't make its 'save file'
box resizable. Obviously, they didn't want to deal with such a minor
feature. I never dreamed there was an outsource method. It works!!

*happy sigh*
--
remove nonsense for reply