=SDC= Q10: Swear To God

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 18, 2011, 5:52:38 AM8/18/11
Bear

Hand

Moon

What is the connection between these words? Also explain the connection
to the slug.

--
VB

LFS

Aug 18, 2011, 6:28:53 AM8/18/11

Weird synchronicity: looking for something else, I discovered that there
is a Michael Moon Bear who teaches hand drumming

http://www.malidoma.biz/DrumClass.html

But I doubt whether that was what you were after.

--
Laura
(emulate St. George for email)

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 18, 2011, 6:40:01 AM8/18/11
In alt.usage.english, LFS wrote:
>On 18/08/2011 10:52, Vinny Burgoo wrote:
>> Bear
>>
>> Hand
>>
>> Moon
>>
>> What is the connection between these words? Also explain the connection
>> to the slug.
>>

>Weird synchronicity: looking for something else, I discovered that
>there is a Michael Moon Bear who teaches hand drumming
>
>http://www.malidoma.biz/DrumClass.html
>
>But I doubt whether that was what you were after.

Weird? It's positively fantastic!

--
VB
Drumming his fingers

Jerry Friedman

Aug 19, 2011, 1:26:07 PM8/19/11

Not to mention startling, amazing, and astounding.

--
Jerry Friedman, T. O. panelist

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 22, 2011, 7:32:26 AM8/22/11

And fictive.

--
VB
T. O. Panellist

LFS

Aug 22, 2011, 7:53:37 AM8/22/11

How? Michael Moon Bear seems real enough, and I did indeed discover him
accidentally just before I read the question.

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 22, 2011, 8:41:22 AM8/22/11
In alt.usage.english, LFS wrote:
>On 22/08/2011 12:32, Vinny Burgoo wrote:

>>> Not to mention startling, amazing, and astounding.
>>
>> And fictive.
>>

>How? Michael Moon Bear seems real enough, and I did indeed discover him
>accidentally just before I read the question.

It has to do with the T. O. answer. It's a hint.

While I'm here, I might as well add another: speculative.

--
VB
T. O. Panellist.

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 22, 2011, 2:23:13 PM8/22/11

An etymological slug
Danced wholly unseen on a rug
Its slimy disportments
Exuded importance
But really it just wanted a hug.

I thenk you, laysgenmen.

LFS

Aug 22, 2011, 5:12:02 PM8/22/11

Flawed last line, I'm afraid. No cigar.

Skitt

Aug 22, 2011, 5:54:22 PM8/22/11

Try "But it only wanted a hug."

--
Skitt (SF Bay Area)
http://come.to/skitt

musika

Aug 23, 2011, 1:46:22 PM8/23/11

They all appear in the collected oaths of the Changeling Universe.

--
Ray
UK

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 23, 2011, 3:35:42 PM8/23/11

www.*********bear.com, www.*********hand.com, www.*********moon.com.

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 25, 2011, 7:28:48 AM8/25/11
In alt.usage.english, Vinny Burgoo wrote:

1971, 1957, 1945.

--
VB
T. O. Futurologist

Alec Kojaev

Aug 25, 2011, 5:13:52 PM8/25/11

Elizabeth Bear (born 1971-09-22), speculative fiction writer
Elizabeth Hand (born 1957-03-29), SF and fantasy writer
Elizabeth Moon (born 1945-03-07), SF and fantasy writer

--
Alec Kojaev
St.Petersburg, Russia [30E18 59N56]

msh210

Aug 25, 2011, 5:31:56 PM8/25/11
On Aug 25, Alec Kojaev abed:

> Elizabeth Bear (born 1971-09-22), speculative fiction writer
> Elizabeth Hand (born 1957-03-29), SF and fantasy writer
> Elizabeth Moon (born 1945-03-07), SF and fantasy writer

Thank you!

Michael Hamm
TO Panelist

Jerry Friedman

Aug 26, 2011, 12:23:38 AM8/26/11
On Aug 25, 3:31 pm, msh210 <msh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 25, Alec Kojaev abed:
>
> > Elizabeth Bear (born 1971-09-22), speculative fiction writer
> > Elizabeth Hand (born 1957-03-29), SF and fantasy writer
> > Elizabeth Moon (born 1945-03-07), SF and fantasy writer
>
> Thank you!

Your Cormo is arriving by rocket from a nebula encased in Lucite.

--
Jerry Friedman, T. O. Sheepspeculator