=SDC= Q30: Three, Not Five

Jerry Friedman

Aug 20, 2011, 7:01:24 PM8/20/11
John Curtis O'Shea--what's missing for success?

By the way, the title is germane to the question.

--
Jerry Friedman, T. O. Panelist

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 22, 2011, 8:29:56 AM8/22/11
In alt.usage.english, Jerry Friedman wrote:
>John Curtis O'Shea--what's missing for success?
>
>By the way, the title is germane to the question.

The title is germane to the question.

--
VB
T. O. Panellist

Peter Moylan

Aug 22, 2011, 9:07:53 AM8/22/11
Vinny Burgoo wrote:
> In alt.usage.english, Jerry Friedman wrote:
>> John Curtis O'Shea--what's missing for success?
>>
>> By the way, the title is germane to the question.
>
> The title is germane to the question.

You can say that again.

--
Peter Moylan, Newcastle, NSW, Australia. http://www.pmoylan.org
For an e-mail address, see my web page.

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 22, 2011, 9:59:41 AM8/22/11
In alt.usage.english, Peter Moylan wrote:
>Vinny Burgoo wrote:
>> In alt.usage.english, Jerry Friedman wrote:
>>> John Curtis O'Shea--what's missing for success?
>>>
>>> By the way, the title is germane to the question.
>>
>> The title is germane to the question.
>>
>You can say that again.

Ah!

New hint: Cristal.

Alan Curry

Aug 22, 2011, 4:58:58 PM8/22/11
In article <d+FwG9XE...@shropshire.plus.com>,

Vinny Burgoo <hlu...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>In alt.usage.english, Jerry Friedman wrote:
>>John Curtis O'Shea--what's missing for success?
>>
>>By the way, the title is germane to the question.
>
>The title is germane to the question.

Since it contains the word "Five", I wonder if the title also Jackie, Tito,
Marlon, and Michael to the question.

Aha, apparently it is:

John Jackson is a rapper better known as "Fabolous"
Curtis Jackson is a rapper better known as "50 Cent"
O'Shea Jackson is a rapper better known as "Ice Cube"

I don't see how the word "success" fits in, unless it refers to my success in
finding the missing word "Jackson".

--
Alan Curry

Jerry Friedman

Aug 22, 2011, 5:08:35 PM8/22/11
On Aug 22, 2:58 pm, pac...@kosh.dhis.org (Alan Curry) wrote:
> In article <d+FwG9XEvkUOF...@shropshire.plus.com>,

> Vinny Burgoo  <hlu...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >In alt.usage.english, Jerry Friedman wrote:
> >>John Curtis O'Shea--what's missing for success?
>
> >>By the way, the title is germane to the question.
>
> >The title is germane to the question.
>
> Since it contains the word "Five", I wonder if the title also Jackie, Tito,
> Marlon, and Michael to the question.
>
> Aha, apparently it is:
>
> John Jackson is a rapper better known as "Fabolous"
> Curtis Jackson is a rapper better known as "50 Cent"
> O'Shea Jackson is a rapper better known as "Ice Cube"

Thank you!

> I don't see how the word "success" fits in, unless it refers to my success in
> finding the missing word "Jackson".

In addition to that, adding "Jackson" produces the names of successful
rappers.

Jerry Friedman

Aug 23, 2011, 12:00:01 AM8/23/11

As soon as I get this paper around it, your Cormo will be hip-hopping
toward you.

--
Jerry Friedman, T. O. Sheeprapper