US mutton

Quinn C

Nov 28, 2021, 6:33:13 PM11/28/21
"We ain't got no money right now, but will you take a side of mutton?"

People here say there's no "mutton" these days in the US, so I wonder if
the above is period-appropriate language for ca. 1870.

--
- There's someone here wanting to audition. - OK, Who is he?
- Well, it's not exactly a he. - OK, Who is she?