The World Naked Bike Ride Returns To London For 2023

Mack A. Damia

May 26, 2023, 10:10:50 AM5/26/23

John Dunlop

May 26, 2023, 12:00:27 PM5/26/23
Mack A. Damia:

> https://londonist.com/london/latest-news/world-naked-bike-ride-london-2023-date-route-start-time?fbclid=IwAR1exOwITtIXgZOpbEq2uGddDu7RcrPBsmvrMMOmWIpV7-cB4gjoR2R5Ols

Never has Lycra been more wished for.

I see a few riders in clothes. On the World Naked Bike Ride, would that
not be considered a bit cheeky?

--
John

Hibou

May 26, 2023, 12:29:12 PM5/26/23
Perhaps they're exploiting the ambiguity - The World Naked-Bike Ride.

I suppose that means the frames are unpainted.

Peter Duncanson [BrE]

May 26, 2023, 1:13:22 PM5/26/23
Or that the wheels have no tyres/tires on them.
Or that the bike has a non-cushioned saddle.

Or some combination of those.

--
Peter Duncanson, UK
(in alt.usage.english)

lar3ryca

May 26, 2023, 2:31:29 PM5/26/23
Quite the opposite. Clothing hides the cheeks.

ObAuE: Learned a new Britishism on that site: "suncream".

--
I heard that in relativity theory, space and time are the same thing.
Einstein discovered this when he kept showing up three miles late for

Mack A. Damia

May 26, 2023, 2:51:55 PM5/26/23
On Fri, 26 May 2023 18:13:22 +0100, "Peter Duncanson [BrE]"
<ma...@peterduncanson.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 26 May 2023 17:27:46 +0100, Hibou
><vpaereru-u...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Le 26/05/2023 à 16:58, John Dunlop a écrit :
>>> Mack A. Damia:

>>> Never has Lycra been more wished for.
>>>
>>> I see a few riders in clothes. On the World Naked Bike Ride, would that
>>> not be considered a bit cheeky?
>>
>>Perhaps they're exploiting the ambiguity - The World Naked-Bike Ride.
>>
>>I suppose that means the frames are unpainted.
>
>Or that the wheels have no tyres/tires on them.
>Or that the bike has a non-cushioned saddle.

I think we used to call them "murfindurfers" when I was a kid in
Pennsylvania. I was thinking that London's "saddle-sniffers" would be
in seventh heaven after the ride.

Jerry Friedman

May 26, 2023, 5:26:22 PM5/26/23
No fairing.

Oh, wrong kind of bike?

--
Jerry Friedman

Jerry Friedman

May 26, 2023, 5:27:48 PM5/26/23
On Friday, May 26, 2023 at 12:31:29 PM UTC-6, lar3ryca wrote:
> On 2023-05-26 09:58, John Dunlop wrote:
> > Mack A. Damia:
> >>

> >> https://londonist.com/london/latest-news/world-naked-bike-ride-london-2023-date-route-start-time?fbclid=IwAR1exOwITtIXgZOpbEq2uGddDu7RcrPBsmvrMMOmWIpV7-cB4gjoR2R5Ols
> >
> > Never has Lycra been more wished for.
> >
> > I see a few riders in clothes. On the World Naked Bike Ride, would that
> > not be considered a bit cheeky?

> Quite the opposite. Clothing hides the cheeks.

I think that was the point of John's crack.

--
Jerry Friedman

Garrett Wollman

May 26, 2023, 7:08:55 PM5/26/23
In article <u4qkvd$v3d$1...@dont-email.me>,
Or, on the part of the participants, chamois.[1]

-GAWollman

[1] Which isn't actual animal hide these days, but that's what the
pads are called even when made of synthetic materials.

wol...@bimajority.org| act to remove constraint from the future. This is

Snidely

May 27, 2023, 1:39:41 AM5/27/23
on 5/26/2023, Jerry Friedman supposed :
Ouch!

-d

--
There's nothing inherently wrong with Big Data. What matters, as it
does for Arnold Lund in California or Richard Rothman in Baltimore, are

Hibou

May 27, 2023, 1:58:25 AM5/27/23
Le 26/05/2023 à 22:26, Jerry Friedman a écrit :

> No fairing.
>
> Oh, wrong kind of bike?

The ones in question here are the kind that lack oomph, at least when I
ride them.

lar3ryca

May 27, 2023, 4:14:55 PM5/27/23
I've heard of 'the crack of Don', butt not the one you mentioned.

--
Talking about music is like dancing about architecture.
-Frank Zappa

Sam Plusnet

May 27, 2023, 4:23:31 PM5/27/23
The only fairings I deal with are in Cornwall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornish_fairing

--
Sam Plusnet

Hibou

May 28, 2023, 1:24:49 AM5/28/23
If one eats too many of those fairings, I suppose that puts weight on
the frame, and might even develop into panniers.

Hibou

May 28, 2023, 1:25:18 AM5/28/23
Bit clumsy. ... that might even develop into panniers.

Snidely

May 28, 2023, 2:48:31 AM5/28/23
Saturday, Hibou quipped:
Panniers have made many a bike rider clumsy, but most bike riders don't
use a bit. A brace, maybe.

/dps

--
The presence of this syntax results from the fact that SQLite is really
a Tcl extension that has escaped into the wild.

Dingbat

May 28, 2023, 4:36:12 AM5/28/23
On Friday, May 26, 2023 at 7:40:50 PM UTC+5:30, Mack A. Damia wrote:
> https://londonist.com/london/latest-news/world-naked-bike-ride-london-2023-date-route-start-time?fbclid=IwAR1exOwITtIXgZOpbEq2uGddDu7RcrPBsmvrMMOmWIpV7-cB4gjoR2R5Ols

Thanks to the Peter Principle:
All over, people in the saddle are naked.

Adam Funk

May 28, 2023, 2:15:35 PM5/28/23
"Clothing-Optional Bike Ride" doesn't grab the attention as well.

Anyway, cycling naked sounds very uncomfortable to me.

--
We got music in our solar system
We're space truckin' round the stars

Sam Plusnet

May 28, 2023, 2:59:20 PM5/28/23
Or envelope the panniers - if some are already fitted.

--
Sam Plusnet