Rejoice - Hen Hanna is back!

occam

May 25, 2022, 7:45:05 AM5/25/22
Hen Hanna and his weirdly formatted posts are back! (Yes, it is a 'he'
for Hen is a short for 'Henry'. Probably transitioning.)

Rejoice, or recoil. The choice is yours.

This Picasso of abstract formatting used to roam free on the sister site
AEU. I am sorry to inform you that his scatter-brain style of posting
has not improved during his months (years?) of absence.

Athel Cornish-Bowden

May 25, 2022, 8:38:30 AM5/25/22
On 2022-05-25 11:45:01 +0000, occam said:

> Hen Hanna and his weirdly formatted posts are back! (Yes, it is a 'he'
> for Hen is a short for 'Henry'. Probably transitioning.)

Yes. For a long time I thought Hen Hanna must be a she, as a hen is a
female domestic fowl and Hannah is a woman's name.

> Rejoice, or recoil. The choice is yours.

I decided -- after a
few days -- to recoil.

Other ppl may [disagree].

> This Picasso of abstract formatting used to roam free on the sister site
> AEU. I am sorry to inform you that his scatter-brain style of posting
> has not improved during his months (years?) of absence.

Yes, but in Picasso's case you can recognize the genius even if you're
not fond of the result.

--
Athel -- French and British, living mainly in England until 1987.

henh...@gmail.com

May 25, 2022, 10:22:06 AM5/25/22
On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 4:45:05 AM UTC-7, occam wrote:
> Hen Hanna and his weirdly formatted posts are back! (Yes, it is a 'he'
> for Hen is a short for 'Henry'. Probably transitioning.)
>
> Rejoice, or recoil. The choice is yours.
>
> This Picasso of abstract formatting used to roam free on the sister site
> AEU. .................

i'm glad to see everyone here --- we're all survivors. (of the Chinese-Virus)

i'm trying to remember who (had) left. (from AUE)

re: (my use of) lowercase http://catb.org/jargon/html/writing-style.html

One quirk that shows up frequently in the email style of Unix hackers
in particular is a tendency for some things that are normally
all-lowercase (including usernames and the names of commands and C routines) to remain uncapitalized even when they occur at the beginning of sentences.

(also, lowercase i ) (first person)

Paul Carmichael

May 25, 2022, 12:38:00 PM5/25/22
El Wed, 25 May 2022 13:45:01 +0200, occam escribió:

> Hen Hanna and his weirdly formatted posts are back! (Yes, it is a 'he'
> for Hen is a short for 'Henry'. Probably transitioning.)
>
> Rejoice, or recoil. The choice is yours.

And it turns out I had to refresh the killfile. This newsreader must have
some sort of timeout as several posters have escaped recently. Generally,
nowadays I hardly ever see the first post of any thread.

--
Paul.

https://paulc.es/elpatio

Athel Cornish-Bowden

May 25, 2022, 1:03:35 PM5/25/22
Remind me: is it Málaga (or near Málaga) where you live? I remember
it's somewhere well to the south where I haven't been. We shall be
there in September to become honorary members of the Sociedad Española
de Bioquímica y Biología Molecular. I'm not suggesting a meeting in the
flesh as we'll be too busy with our Spanish colleagues for that, but
just a meeting in thought.

Paul Carmichael

May 25, 2022, 1:22:53 PM5/25/22
https://sebbm.es/agenda-cientifica/44o-congreso-de-la-sebbm/

Málaga province. The link in the sig has more details.

--
Paul.

https://paulc.es/elpatio

Athel Cornish-Bowden