=SDC= Q31: Birthday Presents

Jerry Friedman

Aug 20, 2011, 7:02:56 PM8/20/11
The first one is not quite the correct color, but the second one is,
and both are more important than food or fuel. What is the imminent
third?

--
Jerry Friedman, T. O. Panelist

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 22, 2011, 8:36:06 AM8/22/11
In alt.usage.english, Jerry Friedman wrote:
>The first one is not quite the correct color, but the second one is,
>and both are more important than food or fuel. What is the imminent
>third?

Hint: Floral testimony.

--
VB
T. O. Panellist

R H Draney

Aug 22, 2011, 1:46:40 PM8/22/11
Vinny Burgoo filted:

Jonquil....r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.

msh210

Aug 22, 2011, 6:15:37 PM8/22/11
On Aug 22, R H Draney abed:
> Jonquil

Might you be on the right track in a manner of speaking?

Michael Hamm
TO something or other

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 23, 2011, 5:00:07 PM8/23/11

Big rabbits.

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 24, 2011, 10:21:32 AM8/24/11

That was vague and confusing.

What I meant was, big rabbits also testify but aren't the answer to the
question (though they were supposed to be the answer to something else).

--
VB
T. O. Specific and Confusing

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 25, 2011, 7:58:38 AM8/25/11

The correct colour is bright red.

--
VB
T. O. Anthodynast

Alec Kojaev

Aug 25, 2011, 5:50:55 PM8/25/11
On Sat, 20 Aug 2011 16:02:56 -0700 in
62320df0-5ec8-47ed...@b8g2000vbg.googlegroups.com, Jerry
Friedman wrote:

> The first one is not quite the correct color, but the second one is, and
> both are more important than food or fuel. What is the imminent third?

Sugar (or its predecessor, honey)

--
Alec Kojaev
St.Petersburg, Russia [30E18 59N56]

Vinny Burgoo

Aug 26, 2011, 9:36:46 AM8/26/11

This question is so ronery.

franzi

Aug 30, 2011, 6:22:02 PM8/30/11
Vinny Burgoo <hlu...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote

>In alt.usage.english, Vinny Burgoo wrote:

Water is more important than food or fuel. The first water, second
water, third water... not so sure, besides diamonds. Bluewater,
Goldwater, limewater.

Say it with flowers, when you're not giving her diamonds. Rivers are
flowers in crossword-speak. Waters flow.

>>>That was vague and confusing.

Now if they were rabbis or rabbins we could be biblical, and turn the
waters into blood.

>>>What I meant was, big rabbits also testify but aren't the answer to
>>>the question (though they were supposed to be the answer to something
>>>else).
>>
>>The correct colour is bright red.

Blood!

>This question is so ronery.