Expression on leopard's face needs Caption

Boso deniro

Dec 6, 2022, 2:29:04 AM12/6/22
https://www.nhm.ac.uk/wpy/peoples-choice/2022-holding-on

WTF do you want? A diversity tolerance and animal welfare training course or What"

Hibou

Dec 6, 2022, 3:13:08 AM12/6/22
Le 06/12/2022 à 07:29, Boso deniro a écrit :

> https://www.nhm.ac.uk/wpy/peoples-choice/2022-holding-on
>
> WTF do you want? A diversity tolerance and animal welfare training course or What"

"Wokeism? Never heard of it."

bruce bowser

Dec 6, 2022, 10:47:03 AM12/6/22
<< Wokeism >> signifie-t-il << Itinéraire politique d'un réveil libéral américain >> ?

bruce bowser

Dec 6, 2022, 10:50:10 AM12/6/22
Comme celle du politicien nommé Jean-Luc Mélenchon?

Hibou

Dec 7, 2022, 1:16:34 AM12/7/22
I enjoy exchanging in French in French fora, but I think we should stick
to English in aue - at least most of the time.

As to wokeism, like the leopard, I know nothing about it. (Perhaps I'm
just unable to change my spots.)

Collins says, "wokeism / informal, often derogatory / the behaviour and
attitudes of people who are sensitive to social and political
injustice." This reminds me of Orwell, who wrote of his work: "My
starting point is always a feeling of partisanship, a sense of injustice."

Has it become fashionable to go on a pilgrimage to Wigan Pier?

Richard Heathfield

Dec 7, 2022, 1:38:46 AM12/7/22
On 07/12/2022 6:16 am, Hibou wrote:
> Le 06/12/2022 à 15:50, bruce bowser a écrit :
>> On Tuesday, December 6, 2022 at 10:47:03 AM UTC-5, bruce bowser
>> wrote:

>>> << Wokeism >> signifie-t-il << Itinéraire politique d'un
>>> réveil libéral américain >> ?
>>
>> Comme celle du politicien nommé Jean-Luc Mélenchon?
>
> I enjoy exchanging in French in French fora, but I think we
> should stick to English in aue - at least most of the time.
>
> As to wokeism, like the leopard, I know nothing about it.
> (Perhaps I'm just unable to change my spots.)
>
> Collins says, "wokeism / informal, often derogatory / the
> behaviour and attitudes of people who are sensitive to social and
> political injustice."

... and intolerant towards anyone who does not share their
ridiculous interpretations of 'social and political injustice',
to the point where they will seek to deny a platform to those who
disagree with them.

"water is racist" - 45,300,000 hits - oh deary deary me.

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk

Hibou

Dec 7, 2022, 2:55:21 AM12/7/22
Le 07/12/2022 à 06:38, Richard Heathfield a écrit :
> On 07/12/2022 6:16 am, Hibou wrote:
>>
>> Collins says, "wokeism / informal, often derogatory / the behaviour
>> and attitudes of people who are sensitive to social and political
>> injustice."
>
> ... and intolerant towards anyone who does not share their ridiculous
> interpretations of 'social and political injustice', to the point where
> they will seek to deny a platform to those who disagree with them.

Well, quite. The idea that it's acceptable to silence those who disagree
is a dangerous one, however firmly one believes one is right, and
irrespective of whether one is right or not.

> "water is racist" - 45,300,000 hits - oh deary deary me.

I'm not surprised. It's a polarised molecule, so it was bound to
polarise opinion.

Kerr-Mudd, John

Dec 7, 2022, 4:32:34 AM12/7/22
DYM racemic?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racemic_mixture

Disgusting, I call it!
--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Hibou

Dec 7, 2022, 6:42:31 AM12/7/22
Oh no, there was nothing racy about my thoughts. They were all static.

soup

Dec 7, 2022, 7:20:56 AM12/7/22
En Anglais !

Rich Ulrich

Dec 7, 2022, 1:16:53 PM12/7/22
On Wed, 7 Dec 2022 06:38:40 +0000, Richard Heathfield
<r...@cpax.org.uk> wrote:

>"water is racist" - 45,300,000 hits - oh deary deary me.

- I get 42.7 million, but the raw request could get hits for
just about any hit on "water" or "racist". However, there were
still 1.64 million hits (Google) after I put it in quotes. Tainted
water supplies (politics) was the most frequent topic.

It used to be that those some huge estimates would dwindle to
hundreds if you tried to look beyond the first page or two.

I went to the bottom of a long page of hits, ... clicking
"More Results" did absolutely nothing on my screen.

--
Rich Ulrich

Hibou

Dec 8, 2022, 1:43:19 AM12/8/22
Le 07/12/2022 à 18:16, Rich Ulrich a écrit :
> Richard Heathfield wrote:
>>
>> "water is racist" - 45,300,000 hits - oh deary deary me.
>
> - I get 42.7 million, but the raw request could get hits for
> just about any hit on "water" or "racist". However, there were
> still 1.64 million hits (Google) after I put it in quotes. Tainted
> water supplies (politics) was the most frequent topic.
>
> It used to be that those some huge estimates would dwindle to
> hundreds if you tried to look beyond the first page or two.
>
> I went to the bottom of a long page of hits, ... clicking
> "More Results" did absolutely nothing on my screen.

Yes, Google's counts are estimates. For "water is racist" in quotes, I
get 1,020,000 initially, falling to 38 if I click forwards through the
pages.

There's hope for us yet.