=SDC= Q23: Fly Away Pita

6 views
Skip to first unread message

Jerry Friedman

unread,
Aug 19, 2011, 6:44:12 PM8/19/11
to
Unpeel an equine troll to get an ovine prophylactic.

--
Jerry Friedman, T. O. Panelist

John Holmes

unread,
Aug 21, 2011, 6:24:50 AM8/21/11
to
Jerry Friedman wrote:
> Unpeel an equine troll to get an ovine prophylactic.

Quinetrol is the name of a synthetic oestrogen, but I can't see any definite
evidence that it is used for sheep. With all the pharmaceutical spam around,
it's not esasy to search for that kind of thing.

--
Regards
John
for mail: my initials plus a u e
at tpg dot com dot au

the Omrud

unread,
Aug 21, 2011, 5:50:08 PM8/21/11
to
On 21/08/2011 11:24, John Holmes wrote:
> Jerry Friedman wrote:
>> Unpeel an equine troll to get an ovine prophylactic.
>
> Quinetrol is the name of a synthetic oestrogen, but I can't see any
> definite evidence that it is used for sheep. With all the pharmaceutical
> spam around, it's not esasy to search for that kind of thing.

"Eternal Quinol" seems to be some sort of anti-aging cream, possibly
made from sheep's placentas (they're not saying).

--
David

James Hogg

unread,
Aug 22, 2011, 1:06:44 AM8/22/11
to

The title of the question would seem to suggest that this is some cure
for haemorrhoids.

--
James

franzi

unread,
Aug 22, 2011, 6:15:31 AM8/22/11
to
James Hogg <Jas....@gOUTmail.com> wrote
Clik, dicyclanil, Crovect, cypermethrin, deltamethrin, Vetrazin,
cyromazine, Ectoforce, diazinon, Paracide, Auriplak, Ecofleece, Dysect,
not to mention organophosphates and pyrethroids...all sheep flystrike
prophylactics, but I can't see any unpeeled equine trolls amongst them.
Maybe a brand in a foreign land? There was once an product called
Equinol that was marketed in the U.S. for equine use but is now
withdrawn. There are quinol insecticides but, but...
--
franzi

the Omrud

unread,
Aug 22, 2011, 6:44:46 AM8/22/11
to

Nothing to do with flies, but is an ovine prophylactic a sheeps-gut
condom? Not sure where that gets us though.

--
David

John Seal

unread,
Aug 22, 2011, 9:30:36 AM8/22/11
to

"the Omrud" <usenet...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:9rq4q.11139$Jr3....@newsfe09.ams2...

But you have to unzip your fly before donning it!


msh210

unread,
Aug 22, 2011, 7:18:11 PM8/22/11
to
On Aug 19, Jerry Friedman, TO Panelist, abed:

> Unpeel an equine troll to get an ovine prophylactic.

Doe, a deer, a female deer, comes into it slightly also.

Michael Hamm
TO Hinter

Vinny Burgoo

unread,
Aug 23, 2011, 4:21:45 PM8/23/11
to
In alt.usage.english, msh210 wrote:
>On Aug 19, Jerry Friedman, TO Panelist, abed:

>> Unpeel an equine troll to get an ovine prophylactic.
>
>Doe, a deer, a female deer, comes into it slightly also.

Tra la la, tra la lee.

--
VB
T. O. Panellist

Richard Bollard

unread,
Aug 23, 2011, 6:22:01 PM8/23/11
to
On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 11:44:46 +0100, the Omrud <usenet...@gmail.com>
wrote:

I was thinking along those lines with Trojan being a brand of condom.
But didn't get anywhere. If you unpeel the Trojan horse, you get a
bunch of Greeks.

Ecofleece sounds sheepish.
--
Richard Bollard
Canberra Australia

To email, I'm at AMT not spAMT.

Richard Bollard

unread,
Aug 23, 2011, 6:23:17 PM8/23/11
to
On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:21:45 +0100, Vinny Burgoo <hlu...@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:

Now you have me thinking of knapsacks. Bloody STS.

franzi

unread,
Aug 23, 2011, 7:01:14 PM8/23/11
to
Richard Bollard <rich...@spamt.edu.au> wrote

>On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:21:45 +0100, Vinny Burgoo <hlu...@yahoo.co.uk>
>wrote:
>
>>In alt.usage.english, msh210 wrote:
>>>On Aug 19, Jerry Friedman, TO Panelist, abed:
>>
>>>> Unpeel an equine troll to get an ovine prophylactic.
>>>
>>>Doe, a deer, a female deer, comes into it slightly also.
>>
>>Tra la la, tra la lee.
>
>Now you have me thinking of knapsacks. Bloody STS.
That children's choir is still singing it.

Perhaps it's the Rose of Tralee. Rose, roes, doe deer, roe deer, John
Doe and Richard Roe - there's no end to this. I will arise and go now.
There's nothing useful here.
--
franzi

Vinny Burgoo

unread,
Aug 23, 2011, 7:19:56 PM8/23/11
to
In alt.usage.english, franzi wrote:
>Richard Bollard <rich...@spamt.edu.au> wrote
>>On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:21:45 +0100, Vinny Burgoo <hlu...@yahoo.co.uk>
>>>In alt.usage.english, msh210 wrote:
>>>>On Aug 19, Jerry Friedman, TO Panelist, abed:

>>>>> Unpeel an equine troll to get an ovine prophylactic.
>>>>
>>>>Doe, a deer, a female deer, comes into it slightly also.
>>>
>>>Tra la la, tra la lee.
>>
>>Now you have me thinking of knapsacks. Bloody STS.
>That children's choir is still singing it.
>
>Perhaps it's the Rose of Tralee. Rose, roes, doe deer, roe deer, John
>Doe and Richard Roe - there's no end to this. I will arise and go now.
>There's nothing useful here.

Not caves but staves.

--
VB
T. O. Unhelpful

Peter Moylan

unread,
Aug 24, 2011, 9:20:35 AM8/24/11
to
Rum tum tum tiddle um.

--
Peter Moylan, Newcastle, NSW, Australia. http://www.pmoylan.org
For an e-mail address, see my web page.

Vinny Burgoo

unread,
Aug 24, 2011, 9:56:39 AM8/24/11
to
In alt.usage.english, Peter Moylan wrote:
>Vinny Burgoo wrote:
>> In alt.usage.english, msh210 wrote:
>>> On Aug 19, Jerry Friedman, TO Panelist, abed:
>>
>>>> Unpeel anequinetroll to get an ovine prophylactic.

>>>
>>> Doe, a deer, a female deer, comes into it slightly also.
>>
>> Tra la la, tra la lee.
>>
>Rum tum tum tiddle um.

With lint in your navel and sand in your tea.

Vinny Burgoo

unread,
Aug 25, 2011, 7:41:36 AM8/25/11
to

The ovine prophylactic is a procedure, not a drug.

Pat Durkin

unread,
Aug 25, 2011, 12:35:41 PM8/25/11
to

"Vinny Burgoo" <hlu...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:l+J+GuLw...@shropshire.plus.com...

The world's first sheep dip was invented and produced by George Wilson
of Coldstream, Scotland in 1830. That dip was based on arsenic powder
and was exported by Package Steamer from nearby Berwick Upon Tweed.[4]

At least this reference names the Berwicks. Can't find that
Quinetrol, but quinestrol is a anti-ovulant.


Vinny Burgoo

unread,
Aug 26, 2011, 9:25:36 AM8/26/11
to

It's a procedure that, controversially, often doesn't involve drugs.

musika

unread,
Aug 26, 2011, 9:40:13 AM8/26/11
to
Vinny Burgoo wrote:
> In alt.usage.english, Pat Durkin wrote:
>>
>> "Vinny Burgoo" <hlu...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>> news:l+J+GuLw...@shropshire.plus.com...
>>> In alt.usage.english, Vinny Burgoo wrote:
>>>> In alt.usage.english, Peter Moylan wrote:
>>>>> Vinny Burgoo wrote:
>>>>>> In alt.usage.english, msh210 wrote:
>>>>>>> On Aug 19, Jerry Friedman, TO Panelist, abed:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Unpeel anequinetroll to get an ovine prophylactic.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Doe, a deer, a female deer, comes into it slightly also.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Tra la la, tra la lee.
>>>>>>
>>>>> Rum tum tum tiddle um.
>>>>
>>>> With lint in your navel and sand in your tea.
>>>
>>> The ovine prophylactic is a procedure, not a drug.
>>
>> The world's first sheep dip was invented and produced by George
>> Wilson of Coldstream, Scotland in 1830. That dip was based on
>> arsenic powder and was exported by Package Steamer from nearby
>> Berwick Upon Tweed.[4]
>>
>> At least this reference names the Berwicks. Can't find that
>> Quinetrol, but quinestrol is a anti-ovulant.
>
> It's a procedure that, controversially, often doesn't involve drugs.

Mulesing
--
Ray
UK

Vinny Burgoo

unread,
Aug 26, 2011, 9:48:31 AM8/26/11
to
In alt.usage.english, musika wrote:
>Vinny Burgoo wrote:
>> In alt.usage.english, Pat Durkin wrote:
>>> "Vinny Burgoo" <hlu...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>> In alt.usage.english, Vinny Burgoo wrote:
>>>>> In alt.usage.english, Peter Moylan wrote:
>>>>>> Vinny Burgoo wrote:
>>>>>>> In alt.usage.english, msh210 wrote:
>>>>>>>> On Aug 19, Jerry Friedman, TO Panelist, abed:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Unpeel anequinetroll to get an ovine prophylactic.
>>>>>>>> Doe, a deer, a female deer, comes into it slightly also.
>>>>>>> Tra la la, tra la lee.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>> Rum tum tum tiddle um.
>>>>> With lint in your navel and sand in your tea.
>>>> The ovine prophylactic is a procedure, not a drug.
>>> The world's first sheep dip was invented and produced by George
>>> Wilson of Coldstream, Scotland in 1830. That dip was based on
>>> arsenic powder and was exported by Package Steamer from nearby
>>> Berwick Upon Tweed.[4] At least this reference names the Berwicks.
>>>Can't find that
>>> Quinetrol, but quinestrol is a anti-ovulant.
>> It's a procedure that, controversially, often doesn't involve drugs.
>
>Mulesing

Thank you!

--
VB
T. O. Sheep Torturer

Jerry Friedman

unread,
Aug 28, 2011, 11:26:36 PM8/28/11
to

Yet another Cormo is headed your way. This one is fly-proof.

The Panel either apologizes for or gloats over the red herring of
"quinetrol".

--
Jerry Friedman, T. O. Sheepflayer

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages