I say that 'out of hand'

bruce bowser

Nov 28, 2021, 10:55:27 AM11/28/21
I wonder what the phrase 'say that out of hand' means:
=================
'Amazingly, all five of them love the Halo products! I don't say that out of hand. Those of you that regularly read this blog have heard me say ... '

-- https://rocketdogblog.com/a-review-of-halo-pet-food/

Rich Ulrich

Nov 28, 2021, 3:27:29 PM11/28/21
"I'm not just tossing that out randomly."

--
Rich Ulrich

bruce bowser

Nov 28, 2021, 4:20:28 PM11/28/21
So, 'randomly' means 'out of hand'?

spains...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2021, 4:25:01 PM11/28/21
"I don't say that out of hand" means "I don't say that without thinking
about it carefully".

Rich Ulrich

Nov 28, 2021, 4:27:42 PM11/28/21
On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 13:20:26 -0800 (PST), bruce bowser
<bruce2...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sunday, November 28, 2021 at 3:27:29 PM UTC-5, Rich Ulrich wrote:
>> On Sun, 28 Nov 2021 07:55:24 -0800 (PST), bruce bowser
>> <bruce2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I wonder what the phrase 'say that out of hand' means:
>> >=================
>> >'Amazingly, all five of them love the Halo products! I don't say that out of hand. Those of you that regularly read this blog have heard me say ... '
>> >
>> >-- https://rocketdogblog.com/a-review-of-halo-pet-food/
>> "I'm not just tossing that out randomly."
>
>So, 'randomly' means 'out of hand'?

"tossing" evokes "out of hand".

I thought about not putting 'randomly' on the end,
but I liked the emphasis it added.

--
Rich Ulrich

bruce bowser

Nov 28, 2021, 4:39:38 PM11/28/21
Yes, which means you're not 'ad-libbing' in a way.