movies i've re-watched most often are : Tampopo, Blade Runner, Gosford Park,

henh...@gmail.com

May 25, 2022, 6:41:13 PM5/25/22

the whole movie is (legally) on Youtube

------------- what are the other TWO ?

> I may have mentioned it here before, but I have a list of what I
> consider to be the "Ten Best Movies." It's now grown to about fifty.
> "Tampopo" is one of them.

------------- what are the other FEW ?

pls tell me (or us) what you like about it.

_______________

movies i've re-watched most often are :

Tampopo, Blade Runner, Gosford Park, Maltese Falcon, ...
Ozu , Kurosawa .......

henh...@gmail.com

May 27, 2022, 11:16:39 AM5/27/22
Tampopo -------- i watched this one many times and still didn't realize what kind of Truck Goro was driving.

Gosford Park --------- after much effort , i finally know almost Who everyone is upstairs.

i still don't get how the Nestbitts got to know Sir William (his family), but i suppose that info is not given.

> The Hon. Freddie Nesbitt (James Wilby) Blackmailing Isobel; married to Mabel; has lost his job

> Mabel Nesbitt (Claudie Blakley) Married to Freddie; daughter of a factory owner; Freddie married her believing her to be wealthy; they cannot afford servants

----------- Mabel loves Novello's singing....

-------- Mabel is the only truly sympathetic character upstaires

bruce bowser

May 27, 2022, 12:14:53 PM5/27/22
I'm looking at mostly early 70's action series.

henh...@gmail.com

May 27, 2022, 10:26:58 PM5/27/22
The usage [looking at] is a bit curious.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/JackieBrown

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Film/GosfordPark
the entry [Chekhov's Gun] is excellent.
this site (TVtropes.org) is in many ways better than Wikipedia.

One character in [Gosford Park] made me remember this joke:

>>> Ein Araber, ein Deutscher und ein Franzose sitzen in Kairo in einem Kaffeehaus.

Kommt eine rassige Schönheit vorbeigetippelt.

"Bei Allah", sagt der Araber.
"Bei Gott!" flüstert der Deutsche.
"Bei mir heute abend im Hotel", ruft der Franzose.

henh...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2023, 11:34:14 PM10/9/23
On Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 3:41:13 PM UTC-7, henh...@gmail.com wrote:
i'd add the movie in which Ovid is quoted, (and the incomparable M.Gambon)

and the Woody-Allen movie [Match Point]