English equivalent of La Java bleue

Chris Arden

Jan 16, 2002, 8:09:20 AM1/16/02
I'm working on the translation of a film script called "La Java bleue",
about the experiences of a woman factory worker as she reaches the day of
her retirement. The title comes from a traditional French "bal musette" song
(i.e. traditionally accompanied by accordion) from the late 1930’s.

It was sung by Fréhel, (at one time the mistress of Maurice Chevalier), an
Edith Piaf-like singer, who was very famous in Paris until her death in
1951.

This rather sad song was (and still often is) a favourite at weddings,
summer evening parties for factory workers etc. It talks melancholically
about the pleasures of dancing the Java, holding one’s loved one in one’s
arms and whispering wild promises in the heat of the moment which one knows
one may well not keep!

My problem is this: I’m looking for an equivalent traditional English song,
something that has the flavour of factory workers, working class knees-ups …

Any ideas / suggestions welcome!

Thanks,

Chris

If you’re interested, you can hear the song at:
http://zicdata.echo.fr/jukebox?390875br.ra
http://www.francemp3.com/music/renvoi.asp?Type=REAL&REF=104551
http://www.francemp3.com/buymp3/buymp3.asp?REF=104551

Donna Richoux

Jan 16, 2002, 8:36:49 AM1/16/02
Chris Arden <chris...@netscape.net> wrote:

> I'm working on the translation of a film script called "La Java bleue",
> about the experiences of a woman factory worker as she reaches the day of
> her retirement. The title comes from a traditional French "bal musette" song
> (i.e. traditionally accompanied by accordion) from the late 1930's.
>
> It was sung by Fréhel, (at one time the mistress of Maurice Chevalier), an
> Edith Piaf-like singer, who was very famous in Paris until her death in
> 1951.
>
> This rather sad song was (and still often is) a favourite at weddings,
> summer evening parties for factory workers etc. It talks melancholically
> about the pleasures of dancing the Java, holding one's loved one in one's
> arms and whispering wild promises in the heat of the moment which one knows
> one may well not keep!
>
> My problem is this: I'm looking for an equivalent traditional English song,
> something that has the flavour of factory workers, working class knees-ups …
>
> Any ideas / suggestions welcome!

I don't know your song, but a short check on the Web shows it was
written in 1939 by Scotto, Koger, and Renard, and that Vincent Scotto
was a Franchman who wrote a lot of film scores and popular songs.

My point is that you are going to confusing English-speaking people by
asking for a "traditional" song. We use "traditional" for more
folkloristic material, usually author unknown, usually from the 19th
century or before. Yours is a "popular song."

You also confuse things a little by saying "English" -- do you mean
"England" English or any song in the English language, many of which
come from America? Even in England, in that era, people sang American
songs.

So, are you looking for a sad song that was popular in the late 1930s
and still might be played at weddings today?

--
Best wishes -- Donna Richoux

Mike Oliver

Jan 16, 2002, 4:43:08 PM1/16/02
Donna Richoux wrote:

> So, are you looking for a sad song that was popular in the late 1930s
> and still might be played at weddings today?

For some reason that makes me think of "When I Was Seventeen (It Was
A Very Good Year)". Not sure why--I don't know what era it's from,
and I don't think I'd want it played at *my* wedding. But then the
idea of playing sad songs at weddings is odd from the get-go.

Chris Arden

Jan 16, 2002, 4:45:51 PM1/16/02
"Donna Richoux" <tr...@euronet.nl> a écrit dans le message de news:
1f63xlv.mami1f12n3zj7N%tr...@euronet.nl...

> Chris Arden <chris...@netscape.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm working on the translation of a film script called "La Java bleue",
> > about the experiences of a woman factory worker as she reaches the day
of
> > her retirement. The title comes from a traditional French "bal musette"
song
> > (i.e. traditionally accompanied by accordion) from the late 1930's.
> >
> > It was sung by Fréhel, (at one time the mistress of Maurice Chevalier),
an
> > Edith Piaf-like singer, who was very famous in Paris until her death in
> > 1951.
> >
> > This rather sad song was (and still often is) a favourite at weddings,
> > summer evening parties for factory workers etc. It talks melancholically
> > about the pleasures of dancing the Java, holding one's loved one in
one's
> > arms and whispering wild promises in the heat of the moment which one
knows
> > one may well not keep!
> >
> > My problem is this: I'm looking for an equivalent traditional English
song,
> > something that has the flavour of factory workers, working class
knees-ups .

> > Any ideas / suggestions welcome!
>
> I don't know your song, but a short check on the Web shows it was
> written in 1939 by Scotto, Koger, and Renard, and that Vincent Scotto
> was a Franchman who wrote a lot of film scores and popular songs.
>
> My point is that you are going to confusing English-speaking people by
> asking for a "traditional" song. We use "traditional" for more
> folkloristic material, usually author unknown, usually from the 19th
> century or before. Yours is a "popular song."
>
> You also confuse things a little by saying "English" -- do you mean
> "England" English or any song in the English language, many of which
> come from America? Even in England, in that era, people sang American
> songs.
>
> So, are you looking for a sad song that was popular in the late 1930s
> and still might be played at weddings today?
>
> --
> Best wishes -- Donna Richoux

Yes ... that would do the trick! Any ideas?

Skitt

Jan 16, 2002, 4:58:48 PM1/16/02

"Mike Oliver" <oli...@math.ucla.edu> wrote in message

Are you sure that you are not thinking of Janis Ian's "At Seventeen"?
http://www.janisian.com/lyrics.html
--
Skitt (in SF Bay Area) http://www.geocities.com/opus731/
I speak English well -- I learn it from a book!

John Holmes

Jan 16, 2002, 3:35:37 PM1/16/02

"Donna Richoux" <tr...@euronet.nl> wrote in message

> Chris Arden <chris...@netscape.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm working on the translation of a film script called "La Java
bleue",
> > about the experiences of a woman factory worker as she reaches the
day of
> > her retirement. The title comes from a traditional French "bal
musette" song
> > (i.e. traditionally accompanied by accordion) from the late 1930's.
> >
> > It was sung by Fréhel, (at one time the mistress of Maurice
Chevalier), an
> > Edith Piaf-like singer, who was very famous in Paris until her death
in
> > 1951.
[snip]

> I don't know your song, but a short check on the Web shows it was
> written in 1939 by Scotto, Koger, and Renard, and that Vincent Scotto
> was a Franchman who wrote a lot of film scores and popular songs.

If anybody wants to hear the song, you can hear the Frehel version free
with Real Player (or pay to download an mp3) at:

http://fr.music.yahoo.com/010118/116/ueno.html

Listening to it didn't immediately suggest any English language
equivalent to me. The tune sounds sort of jaunty rather than sad, so the
sadness must be in the lyrics. It sounds as though Frehel was a bit more
regretful than Piaf.

These are the lyrics from
http://home.wanadoo.nl/ingrid.kooij/lyrics_medley.html
title: La Java bleue
lyrics: Koger, Renard
music: Scotto

[translation below]

Il est au bal musette
Un air rempli de douceur
Qui fait tourner les têtes
Qui fait chavirer les coeurs
Tandis qu'on glisse à petits pas
Serrant cellequ'on aime dans ses bras
Tout bas l'on dit dans un frisson
En écoutant jouer l'accordéon

Refrain :
C'est la java bleue
La java la plus belle
Celle qui ensorcelle
Et que l'on danse les yeux dans les yeux
Au rythme joyeux
Quand les corps se confondent
Comme elle au monde il n'y en a pas deux
C'est la java bleue

Chérie sous mon étreinte
Je veux te serrer plus fort
pour mieux garder l'empreinte
Et la chaleur de ton corps
Que de promesses et de serments
On se fait dans la folie d'un moment
Mais ces serments remplis d'amour
On sait qu'on les tiendra pas toujours

Refrain

For which Google offers the translation:

Il est au bal musette
An air filled with softness
Who makes turn the heads
Who makes capsize the hearts
While one slips with small steps
Tightening cellequ' one likes in his arms
Low one says in a shiver
While listening to play the accordion

Refrain:
It is blue java
Most beautiful java
That which bewitches
And that one dances the eyes in the eyes
At the merry rate/rhythm
When the bodies merge
Like it in the world it does not have two of them there
It is blue java

Darling under my pressure
I want to tighten you more extremely
for better keeping the print
And the heat of your body
That promises and oaths
One is done in the one moment madness
But these oaths filled of love
It is known that they will not be always held

Refrain

--
Regards
John

Laura F Spira

Jan 16, 2002, 5:11:53 PM1/16/02
Skitt wrote:

> "Mike Oliver" <oli...@math.ucla.edu> wrote in message
> > Donna Richoux wrote:
> >
> > > So, are you looking for a sad song that was popular in the late 1930s
> > > and still might be played at weddings today?
> >
> > For some reason that makes me think of "When I Was Seventeen (It Was
> > A Very Good Year)". Not sure why--I don't know what era it's from,
> > and I don't think I'd want it played at *my* wedding. But then the
> > idea of playing sad songs at weddings is odd from the get-go.
>
> Are you sure that you are not thinking of Janis Ian's "At Seventeen"?
> http://www.janisian.com/lyrics.html

Surely it's Sinatra: "It was a very good year"? IIRC the words indicate
that any age after thirty-five is old.

--
Laura
(emulate St. George for email)

Tony Cooper

Jan 16, 2002, 5:17:57 PM1/16/02

Oh, yes. Sinatra. I think he sang it in some movie. The
one with the ants and the rubber tree plants.

--
Tony Cooper aka: tony_co...@yahoo.com
Provider of Jots and Tittles

Laura F Spira

Jan 16, 2002, 5:31:01 PM1/16/02

That was very cruel to those of us who are prey to Stuck Tune Syndrome.
And I had such high hopes of you...

Donna Richoux

Jan 16, 2002, 5:34:15 PM1/16/02
Chris Arden <chris...@netscape.net> wrote:

> "Donna Richoux" <tr...@euronet.nl> a écrit dans le message de news:

> > So, are you looking for a sad song that was popular in the late 1930s

> > and still might be played at weddings today?
> >
> > --
> > Best wishes -- Donna Richoux
>
> Yes ... that would do the trick! Any ideas?

Well, you should ask people who actually play at weddings. But one idea
is "As Time Goes By," known to more than one generation because of the
film classic "Casablanca."

You must remember this
A kiss is still a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh
The fundamental things apply
As time goes by
And when two lovers woo
They still say, "I love you"
On that you can rely
No matter what the future brings
As time goes by
Moonlight and love songs
Never out of date
Hearts full of passion
Jealousy and hate
Woman needs man
And man must have his mate
That no one can deny
Well, it's still the same old story
A fight for love and glory
A case of do or die
The world will always welcome lovers
As time goes by

Skitt

Jan 16, 2002, 5:38:40 PM1/16/02

"Tony Cooper" <tony_co...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I know the song. I was only suggesting a much sadder one.

I LEARNED THE TRUTH AT SEVENTEEN
THAT LOVE WAS MEANT FOR BEAUTY QUEENS
AND HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS WITH CLEAR SKINNED SMILES
WHO MARRIED YOUNG AND THEN RETIRED
THE VALENTINES I NEVER KNEW
THE FRIDAY NIGHT CHARADES OF YOUTH
WERE SPENT ON ONE MORE BEAUTIFUL
AT SEVENTEEN I LEARNED THE TRUTH

AND THOSE OF US WITH RAVAGED FACES
LACKING IN THE SOCIAL GRACES
DESPERATELY REMAINED AT HOME
INVENTING LOVERS ON THE PHONE
WHO CALLED TO SAY - COME DANCE WITH ME
AND MURMURED VAGUE OBSCENITIES
IT ISN'T ALL IT SEEMS AT SEVENTEEN

Et cetera.

Richard Fontana

Jan 16, 2002, 5:52:53 PM1/16/02

While I wouldn't call this a "happy song", I wouldn't call it a "sad
song" either.

Bob Stahl

Jan 16, 2002, 5:58:59 PM1/16/02
Donna Richoux:
>Chris Arden:
>>Donna Richoux:

>>>So, are you looking for a sad song that was popular in the
>>>in the late 1930s and still might be played at weddings today?
>>Yes ... that would do the trick! Any ideas?
>Well, you should ask people who actually play at weddings.
>But one idea is "As Time Goes By," known to more than one
>generation because of the film classic "Casablanca."
> You must remember this
> A kiss is still a kiss, a sigh is just a sigh
> The fundamental things apply
> As time goes by ....

In case it's a May-December thing:

http://www.sammydavisjunior.com/Septembersong.htm

September Song
Weill/ Anderson

Oh, its a long long while
From May to December.
But the days grow short when you reach September.
And the autumn weather turns
The leaves to flames.
And I haven't got time
For the waiting games.

Oh the days dwindle down
To a precious few.
September......November.
And these few precious days
I'll spend with you.
These golden days
I'll spend with you.

As if I were an expert... I had the DJ play "Ride of the
Valkyries" for the processional at my wedding...

---
Bob Stahl

Donna Richoux

Jan 16, 2002, 6:02:07 PM1/16/02
Richard Fontana <rf...@sparky.cs.nyu.edu> wrote:

I guess the sadness comes from the film -- it's Rick & whatsername's
(Elsa's?) old song and it makes them think of their past love. A song
whose words themselves conveyed misery would never be played at a
wedding.

--
Best -- Donna Richoux

Skitt

Jan 16, 2002, 6:07:52 PM1/16/02

"Bob Stahl" <urbul...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

> As if I were an expert... I had the DJ play "Ride of the
> Valkyries" for the processional at my wedding...

At one time I was considering having Shorty Rogers' Infinity Promenade to be
played at mine, but then, I got married in front of a Justice of Peace in
Carson City, NV.

The cover of the album I had (I may still have it) can be seen at
http://www.wwwax.com/song/h0/h091-4.htm

perchprism

Jan 16, 2002, 8:16:06 PM1/16/02

"Chris Arden" <chris...@netscape.net> wrote in message

> I'm working on the translation of a film script called "La Java bleue",
> about the experiences of a woman factory worker as she reaches the day of
> her retirement. The title comes from a traditional French "bal musette"
song
> (i.e. traditionally accompanied by accordion) from the late 1930’s.
>
> It was sung by Fréhel, (at one time the mistress of Maurice Chevalier), an
> Edith Piaf-like singer, who was very famous in Paris until her death in
> 1951.
>
> This rather sad song was (and still often is) a favourite at weddings,
> summer evening parties for factory workers etc. It talks melancholically
> about the pleasures of dancing the Java, holding one’s loved one in one’s
> arms and whispering wild promises in the heat of the moment which one
knows
> one may well not keep!
>
> My problem is this: I’m looking for an equivalent traditional English
song,
> something that has the flavour of factory workers, working class
knees-ups …

> Any ideas / suggestions welcome!

"Over the Rainbow" was written by Arlen and Harburg for the 1939 film "The
Wizard of Oz." Everybody knows it even today, and it's about as beautiful
and bittersweet as you can get if you're not French. It's tin-pan-alley
enough to be working-class, though. If you want songs of England and not
America, I can't help you much, but maybe "Over the Rainbow" is known and
loved in Britain, too.

From http://www.zianet.com/jjohnson/lyr1.htm:

********
Somewhere, over the rainbow, way up high,
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.

Somewhere, over the rainbow, skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me.

Somewhere over the rainbow, bluebirds fly,
Birds fly over the rainbow,
Why then, oh why can't I?

If happy little bluebirds fly
Beyond the rainbow,
Why oh why can't I?
*********

There's a rather too stately midi at
http://www.midihaven.addr.com/midi/alpha_o.html.

--
Perchprism
(southern New Jersey, near Philadelphia)

Charles Riggs

Jan 17, 2002, 2:07:00 AM1/17/02
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:38:40 -0800, "Skitt" <sk...@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>"Tony Cooper" <tony_co...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Laura F Spira wrote:

>1930s

>> > Surely it's Sinatra: "It was a very good year"? IIRC the words indicate
>> > that any age after thirty-five is old.
>> >

>> Oh, yes. Sinatra. I think he sang it in some movie. The
>> one with the ants and the rubber tree plants.
>
>I know the song. I was only suggesting a much sadder one.

I knew right off which one you meant, since I was a Janis Ian devotee.
What seemed strange to me was that she spoke of having a ravaged face,
which is difficult to fathom since she was so pretty, I think, only a
few years later. I tried calling her for a date once, but her number
was unlisted.

Charles Riggs

Charles Riggs

Jan 17, 2002, 2:07:00 AM1/17/02
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:52:53 -0500, Richard Fontana
<rf...@sparky.cs.nyu.edu> wrote:

Re As Time Goes By:

>While I wouldn't call this a "happy song", I wouldn't call it a "sad
>song" either.

Now that we know what you wouldn't call it, what would you call it? Or
is this another Fontanan hamburger thing? We know what not to call it,
but not what to call it.

Charles Riggs

Richard Fontana

Jan 17, 2002, 3:43:59 AM1/17/02

Well, I don't think it's the case that all songs are either happy or sad.

Joe Manfre

Jan 17, 2002, 10:20:11 AM1/17/02
Charles Riggs (chr...@gofree.indigo.ie) wrote:

I think "bittersweet" is a good word for it....

JM

Mike Page

Jan 17, 2002, 2:46:20 PM1/17/02
On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:09:20 +0100, "Chris Arden"
<chris...@netscape.net> wrote:

>I'm working on the translation of a film script called "La Java bleue",
>about the experiences of a woman factory worker as she reaches the day of
>her retirement. The title comes from a traditional French "bal musette" song
>(i.e. traditionally accompanied by accordion) from the late 1930’s.
>
>It was sung by Fréhel, (at one time the mistress of Maurice Chevalier), an
>Edith Piaf-like singer, who was very famous in Paris until her death in
>1951.
>
>This rather sad song was (and still often is) a favourite at weddings,
>summer evening parties for factory workers etc. It talks melancholically
>about the pleasures of dancing the Java, holding one’s loved one in one’s
>arms and whispering wild promises in the heat of the moment which one knows
>one may well not keep!
>
>My problem is this: I’m looking for an equivalent traditional English song,
>something that has the flavour of factory workers, working class knees-ups …

It depends a bit on what era you want it set in. If it is a
1930s era then there was a song which was sung sotto voce by
dancers at the end of dances in the late 1903s.

Stuck tune alert.
This space is provided for stuck tune sufferers who may not want
to read the next bit.

Spike Milligan mentions the tune in one of his war books and my
mother confirmed that it was so. The problem is I can't quite
remember which tune. For some reason '(Casey would dance with
the strawberry blond) and the band played on' comes to mind.
However, my inner ear refuses to give it any tune but '(Didn't we
have a lover-ly time) the day we went to Bangor'.

If you want a modern setting then it is traditional for the happy
couple to dance the first dance together at the wedding reception
(if it is that kind of a do). There is no set number, but the
maudlin Bryan Adams song '(Everything I do) I do it for you' is
probably quite common.

The song was used as the theme for 'Robin Hood Prince of Thieves'
and there is a UL that one bride asked for 'The Robin Hood theme'
to be played as she walked down the aisle. The organist, coming
from an older generation, played the theme to the 1950s
children's tv programme 'Robin Hood'. The tune is a jaunty march
with the words 'Robin Hood, Robin Hood, riding through the glen
...'. Python fans will know it as 'Dennis Law, Dennis Law, is
not in this bit ...'.

Stuck tune sufferers - I did warn you, but you would read on.

Mike Page, BF(UU)
Let the ape escape for e-mail

Jerry Friedman

Jan 17, 2002, 7:46:20 PM1/17/02
tr...@euronet.nl (Donna Richoux) wrote in message news:<1f64nyn.q2qvhm1dtv689N%tr...@euronet.nl>...

> I guess the sadness comes from the film -- it's Rick & whatsername's
> (Elsa's?) old song and it makes them think of their past love. A song
> whose words themselves conveyed misery would never be played at a
> wedding.

You said "never"! You know what happens then!

I've been struck by the sad songs I've heard at weddings. At one, the
first song the DJ played was something about loving only you forever,
the second was "Heard it Through the Grapevine", and the third was
"For the Good Times" ("Don't look so sad./ I know it's over,/ But life
goes on..." I hoped it wasn't an omen.

--
Jerry Friedman

celineri...@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2015, 5:53:59 AM12/13/15
On Wednesday, January 16, 2002 at 11:09:20 PM UTC+10, Chris Arden wrote:
> I'm working on the translation of a film script called "La Java bleue",
> about the experiences of a woman factory worker as she reaches the day of
> her retirement. The title comes from a traditional French "bal musette" song
> (i.e. traditionally accompanied by accordion) from the late 1930's.
>
> It was sung by Fréhel, (at one time the mistress of Maurice Chevalier), an
> Edith Piaf-like singer, who was very famous in Paris until her death in
> 1951.
>
> This rather sad song was (and still often is) a favourite at weddings,
> summer evening parties for factory workers etc. It talks melancholically
> about the pleasures of dancing the Java, holding one's loved one in one's
> arms and whispering wild promises in the heat of the moment which one knows
> one may well not keep!
>
> My problem is this: I'm looking for an equivalent traditional English song,
> something that has the flavour of factory workers, working class knees-ups ...
>
> Any ideas / suggestions welcome!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>
> If you're interested, you can hear the song at:
> http://zicdata.echo.fr/jukebox?390875br.ra
> http://www.francemp3.com/music/renvoi.asp?Type=REAL&REF=104551
> http://www.francemp3.com/buymp3/buymp3.asp?REF=104551

Hi, This is for Donna Richoux. I came across this site when I tried to surf the net for Noel (Gilles Martin) Renard who wrote the lyrics of "La Java Bleue" in mid 1930's. Noel was born in 1895 and married Berthe Lucie Bardot (born in 1889) and both were parents to my Godmother Gisele Renard who passed away some years ago. According to my Godmother, her father was an artist and musician (also was a soldier in the French Army during the first World War and we still have his booklet collection of his sketches of the war time in the pencil drawings during his time in the trenches. Donna, if you know where I can find any information about Noel in France (I am not French) whether anything about him had been archived in history, I would be so grateful to know; that is, if they have it in English translation. So far, I know Noel wrote those lyrics that Geo Koger came up with the song; and they both were also involved with silent movies. But that is all I know. Also I have a life sized photo framed many decades ago of Noel's wife Berthe Bardot, who was the auntie of the famous french film actress, Bridgett Bardot who was first cousin to my Godmother. If you Donna or anyone else can help in any way with additional info, it is very appreciated. Thank you. Celine Richardson

Peter Moylan

Dec 13, 2015, 7:08:51 AM12/13/15
On 2015-Dec-13 21:53, celineri...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 16, 2002 at 11:09:20 PM UTC+10, Chris Arden wrote:

[...]

> Hi, This is for Donna Richoux.

You might need to e-mail her directly, because she hasn't been spotted
in this newsgroup for quite a few years. I'm not sure we have seen Chris
Arden since 2002, either.

--
Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org
Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Don Phillipson

Dec 13, 2015, 10:08:19 AM12/13/15
On Wednesday, January 16, 2002 at 11:09:20 PM UTC+10, Chris Arden wrote:

> I'm working on the translation of a film script called "La Java bleue", .
> . .
>
> My problem is this: I'm looking for an equivalent traditional English
> song,
> something that has the flavour of factory workers, working class knees-ups

Two clusters of sources come to mind for England 1900-1940. One
is the repertoire of the classic English "music hall" (variety stage
show), which overrepresents London (cockney) slang etc. The
other is English-made comedy movies of the 1930s featuring
"Lancashire lasses" (prototypically Gracie Fields.) Both combined
contemporary affairs with awareness of the local tradition since
the late Victorian period.

Of course there are cultural differences. England did not produce
1900-1940 nearly so many sentimental love songs as did France.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Whiskers

Dec 13, 2015, 10:22:11 AM12/13/15
On 2015-12-13, Peter Moylan <pe...@pmoylan.org.invalid> wrote:
> On 2015-Dec-13 21:53, celineri...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Wednesday, January 16, 2002 at 11:09:20 PM UTC+10, Chris Arden wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Hi, This is for Donna Richoux.
>
> You might need to e-mail her directly, because she hasn't been spotted
> in this newsgroup for quite a few years. I'm not sure we have seen Chris
> Arden since 2002, either.

I was going to suggest 'On Mother Kelly's Doorstep' or 'Dirty Old Town'
but I suppose it's too late now.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

David Kleinecke

Dec 13, 2015, 12:39:38 PM12/13/15
How about "I didn't Know God Made Honky-Tonk Angels"?

Peter T. Daniels

Dec 13, 2015, 5:18:40 PM12/13/15
If the filmscript hasn't already been completed, it's never going to get done.

Whiskers

Dec 13, 2015, 6:13:07 PM12/13/15
I don't know that one.

J. J. Lodder

Dec 14, 2015, 5:22:47 AM12/14/15
Donna hasn't been seen here in years.
You could try if the email adress on the FAQ postings

Donna Richoux <tr...@euronet.nl>

still works,

Jan