=SDC= Q26: Elementary

Jerry Friedman

Sep 3, 2012, 12:26:32 AM9/3/12
Fill in the blank: arsenic, potassium, scandium, iodine, ___, cerium.

--
Jerry Friedman, T. O. Panelist

James Hogg

Sep 3, 2012, 2:37:53 AM9/3/12
tin

--
James

Alan Curry

Sep 3, 2012, 3:52:53 AM9/3/12
In article <b30caed8-3674-4d5c...@e14g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
Jerry Friedman <je...@totally-official.com> wrote:
>Fill in the blank: arsenic, potassium, scandium, iodine, ___, cerium.

ethylenediamine

--
Alan Curry

James Hogg

Sep 3, 2012, 4:01:29 AM9/3/12
That was my first guess too, but it's not an element and it seems rather
long for the available space.

--
James

R H Draney

Sep 3, 2012, 4:44:53 AM9/3/12
Jerry Friedman filted:

>Fill in the blank: arsenic, potassium, scandium, iodine, ___, cerium.

Nougat.

....r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.

Iain Archer

Sep 3, 2012, 10:20:38 AM9/3/12
Jerry Friedman wrote on Sun, 2 Sep 2012
>Fill in the blank: arsenic, potassium, scandium, iodine, ___, cerium.

noen?
--
Iain Archer

James Hogg

Sep 3, 2012, 10:32:03 AM9/3/12
Iain Archer wrote:
> Jerry Friedman wrote on Sun, 2 Sep 2012
>> Fill in the blank: arsenic, potassium, scandium, iodine, ___, cerium.
>
> noen?

That must be worth a lamb at least.

--
James

Robin Bignall

Sep 3, 2012, 12:06:23 PM9/3/12
On Mon, 03 Sep 2012 10:01:29 +0200, James Hogg <Jas....@gOUTmail.com>
wrote:
Space is expanding. Just wait long enough...
--
Robin Bignall
(BrE)

Jerry Friedman

Sep 3, 2012, 12:27:21 PM9/3/12
On Sep 3, 8:27 am, Iain Archer <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> Jerry Friedman wrote on Sun, 2 Sep 2012
>
> >Fill in the blank: arsenic, potassium, scandium, iodine, ___, cerium.
>
> noen?

Thank you!

Jerry Friedman

Sep 3, 2012, 12:34:30 PM9/3/12

http://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/

--
Jerry Friedman, T. O. explanation forgetter

Jerry Friedman

Sep 3, 2012, 12:49:15 PM9/3/12
On Sep 3, 10:06 am, Robin Bignall <docro...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Sep 2012 10:01:29 +0200, James Hogg <Jas.H...@gOUTmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Alan Curry wrote:
>
> >> ethylenediamine
>
> >That was my first guess too, but it's not an element and it seems rather
> >long for the available space.
>
> Space is expanding.  Just wait long enough...

<smile>

--
Jerry Friedman

Dr Nick

Sep 3, 2012, 2:30:02 PM9/3/12
Jerry Friedman <je...@totally-official.com> writes:

> On Sep 3, 10:27 am, Jerry Friedman <je...@totally-official.com> wrote:
>> On Sep 3, 8:27 am, Iain Archer <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
>>
>> > Jerry Friedman wrote on Sun, 2 Sep 2012

>> > cerium.
>>
>> > noen?
>> Thank you!
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/

Is this another puzzle? It gives me an index page and a search on
"noen" returns nothing.

Skitt

Sep 3, 2012, 2:34:34 PM9/3/12
Dr Nick wrote:
> Jerry Friedman writes:
>> Jerry Friedman wrote:

>>> Thank you!
>>
>> http://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/
>
> Is this another puzzle? It gives me an index page and a search on
> "noen" returns nothing.

Look in the upper left corner.

--
Skitt (SF Bay Area)
http://come.to/skitt

Dr Nick

Sep 3, 2012, 2:59:27 PM9/3/12
Skitt <ski...@comcast.net> writes:

> Dr Nick wrote:
>> Jerry Friedman writes:

>>> http://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/
>> Is this another puzzle? It gives me an index page and a search on
>> "noen" returns nothing.
>>

> Look in the upper left corner.

Ah yes. So the answer isn't actually "noen" as that's not the third
letter.

Skitt

Sep 3, 2012, 3:08:24 PM9/3/12
Dr Nick wrote:
... and that ain't even the half of it.

Iain Archer

Sep 3, 2012, 5:26:12 PM9/3/12
Dr Nick wrote on Mon, 3 Sep 2012
It's the best you're going to get in ascii, and in any case is entailed
by the rear-view representation.
--
Iain Archer