how does one join?

iggymak

Dec 2, 2007, 12:49:43 AM12/2/07
How do I get in the union? I tried years ago in the 80s several times at
local 52... test, fees, but nothing came of it. What do I do?

M.C.Gordon Jr

Dec 6, 2007, 7:55:40 PM12/6/07
On Dec 2, 12:49 am, iggymak <iggy...@verizon.net> wrote:
> How do I get in the union? I tried years ago in the 80s several times at
> local 52... test, fees, but nothing came of it. What do I do?

Remember local 52 is a Studio Mechanics local. Do you have skills in
such fields as lighting and grip for film? As far as I know they are
Not a hiring hall.
I assume you meet the residency requirement of 18 months.
You can start by filling out your application.
http://www.iatselocal52.org/pdfs/application%20process.pdf

Matt
--
"If the Magic is done right its still Magical even if you know all the
Secrets."

iggymak

Dec 22, 2007, 2:25:35 AM12/22/07
Thank you. I only have sound skills. I live in Connecticut. No doubt I'm
out of luck. Have a nice Holiday.

M.C.Gordon Jr

Jan 7, 2008, 3:55:55 PM1/7/08
On Dec 22 2007, 2:25 am, iggymak <iggy...@verizon.net> wrote:
> M.C.Gordon Jr wrote:
> > On Dec 2, 12:49 am, iggymak <iggy...@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> >> How do I get in the union? I tried years ago in the 80s several times at
> >> local 52... test, fees, but nothing came of it. What do I do?
>
> > Remember local 52 is a Studio Mechanics local. Do you have skills in
> > such fields as lighting and grip for film? As far as I know they are
> > Not a hiring hall.
> > I assume you meet the residency requirement of 18 months.
> > You can start by filling out your application.
> >http://www.iatselocal52.org/pdfs/application%20process.pdf
>
> > Matt
> > --
> > "If the Magic is done right its still Magical even if you know all the
> > Secrets."
> > For the Holiday, Letters from Santa.http://www.delightfuljewelry.com

> Thank you. I only have sound skills. I live in Connecticut. No doubt I'm
> out of luck. Have a nice Holiday.- Hide quoted text -

No Doubt with that attitude you are.
Try looking at the website.
http://www.iatse-intl.org/home.html

Matt