World Philosophy Day

David Dalton

Nov 16, 2023, 12:01:59 AM11/16/23
November 16, 2023 is World Philosophy Day .

From google:

The theme for World Philosophy Day 2023 is “Philosophical
Reflection in a Multicultural World”. This theme highlights the
importance of philosophy in promoting understanding and
dialogue between different cultures and perspectives.

"and the song of Luthien released the bonds of winter, and the
frozen waters spoke, and flowers sprang from the cold earth
where her feet had passed." (Tolkien)

Your Name

Nov 16, 2023, 12:48:37 AM11/16/23
On 2023-11-16 04:31:56 +0000, David Dalton said:

> November 16, 2023 is World Philosophy Day .
>
> From google:
>
> The theme for World Philosophy Day 2023 is “Philosophical
> Reflection in a Multicultural World”. This theme highlights the
> importance of philosophy in promoting understanding and
> dialogue between different cultures and perspectives.

"If World Philosophy Day passes by and no one knows about it, did it
really happen?"

;-)

David Dalton

Nov 16, 2023, 3:10:29 AM11/16/23
On Nov 16, 2023, David Dalton wrote
(in article<0001HW.2B05D9C400...@news.eternal-september.org>):

> November 16, 2023 is World Philosophy Day .
>
> From google:
>
> The theme for World Philosophy Day 2023 is “Philosophical
> Reflection in a Multicultural World”. This theme highlights the
> importance of philosophy in promoting understanding and
> dialogue between different cultures and perspectives.

Also from google :

"Hekate is honored at the beginning of sunset on
November 16th (and until sunset the next day)
each year, known as The Night of Hekate."

Rhino

Nov 16, 2023, 4:56:17 PM11/16/23
On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 01:31:56 -0330
David Dalton <dal...@nfld.com> wrote:

> November 16, 2023 is World Philosophy Day .
>
> From google:
>
> The theme for World Philosophy Day 2023 is “Philosophical
> Reflection in a Multicultural World”. This theme highlights the
> importance of philosophy in promoting understanding and
> dialogue between different cultures and perspectives.

I'm with Mark Knopfler on this one: "Philosophy is useless; theology is
worse...." [from the song Industrial Disease
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3X3rKtruSg]

--
Rhino

Ubiquitous

Nov 19, 2023, 1:22:38 PM11/19/23
dal...@nfld.com wrote:

>November 16, 2023 is World Philosophy Day .

"Bullshit artist" is the correct term.

And you posted this off-topic article here because?

--
Let's go Brandon!

David Dalton

Nov 19, 2023, 7:27:08 PM11/19/23
On Nov 19, 2023, Ubiquitous wrote
(in article <ujdjpb$3ta1j$8...@dont-email.me>):

> dal...@nfld.com wrote:
>
> > November 16, 2023 is World Philosophy Day .
>
> "Bullshit artist" is the correct term.
>
> And you posted this off-topic article here because?

It was a press release. :-)

"And if I shed a tear I won’t cage it; I won't fear love;
And if I feel a rage I won’t deny it; I won't fear love" (Sarah McLachlan)