Lucy and Xena Reboot

David

Aug 26, 2021, 7:18:30 AM8/26/21
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/xena-reboot-revival-lucy-lawless-reaction-franchise-future/

Xena: Warrior Princess Star Lucy Lawless Says a Revival Would Be Very
Different
By PATRICK CAVANAUGH

Actor Lucy Lawless starred as the titular character in the syndicated
fantasy series Xena: Warrior Princess back in the '90s and, while the series
has a cult following, the concept has yet to be revived all these years
later. Understandably, fans hope that a new take on the character could be
developed at some point, though the production value of the original series
might not fit in line with contemporary fantasy series, but Lawless herself
noted that whatever shape a new take on the concept would be, it wouldn't be
beholden to what came before it, due to how much time has passed since it
aired. Lawless can next be seen in Season 2 of My Life Is Murder when it
premieres on Monday, August 30th on Acorn TV.

"I see it [happening] more this month than I did three years ago, because I
think there was a new crop of people who aren't bound by the past," Lawless
shared with ComicBook.com about the likelihood of a reboot. "It might be
helpful to -- I'm going to leave that thought alone because somebody else,
somebody pitched me the idea the other day that's really smart. So there are
new people coming up who are going to be able to reimagine it for a new
generation. It will be utterly different, but it will be cool. And yes, I
do. I do foresee that that person is coming."

With recent fantasy series like Game of Thrones, The Witcher, or His Dark
Materials not having to skimp on their production budgets, one episode would
likely cost the production budget of an entire season of Xena, with Lawless'
remarks implying that whatever the future might hold, it won't be inherently
compared to what came before it.

[ we've been hearing about a Xena reboot for so long, I won't be
holding my breath. But if it does come, considering all the recent reboots,
it wouldn't surprise me if the only white character would be Marcus ( from
the season one episode ' Mortal Beloved'). Of course Xena and Gabrielle and
Joxer and Ares and Aphrodite and Hercules and Callisto would be black actors
(just like the new black Snow White). Everyone one else would be
Hispanic/Latino or Asian.]

David