Lucy versus Kevin

David

Jan 10, 2021, 7:03:27 AM1/10/21
https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2021/01/xena-star-lucy-lawless-tangles-with-hercules-kevin-sorbo-over-capitol-mob.html

‘Xena’ star Lucy Lawless tangles with ‘Hercules’ Kevin Sorbo over Capitol
mob
Updated Jan 08, 2021; Posted Jan 08, 2021

By Amy Kuperinsky

What does “Xena: Warrior Princess” have to do with the rioting at the
Capitol this week?

The fierce fighter wasn’t among the mob of instigators, and she wasn’t with
the police.
But when Hercules starts making some dodgy claims about those events, you’d
better believe she’ll be there to debunk them.

Kevin Sorbo, who starred as Hercules in the ’90s series “Hercules: The
Legendary Journeys,” started the bout by weighing in on a photo of Trump
supporters who breached the Capitol.

Sorbo, 62, a Trump supporter, was responding to a tweet from attorney and
fellow Trump supporter Rogan O’Handley.

“Do these look like Trump supporters?” O’Handley tweeted, sharing a photo of
pro-Trump rioters inside the Capitol Wednesday. “Or Leftist agitators
disguised as Trump supporters...”

Twitter had already designated the tweet “manipulated media” because of O’Handley’s
false claim. There is no evidence that the pro-Trump mob that breached the
Capitol was made up of “Leftist agitators” or Antifa, as some have asserted.

But Sorbo, who is also known for the early-aughts series “Andromeda,”
quote-tweeted Handley, supporting his debunked claim.

“They don’t look like patriots to me...” he said, doubling down despite the
overwhelming evidence that the group was made up of Trump supporters.

Lucy Lawless, who played the title character in the successful “Hercules”
spinoff series “Xena: Warrior Princess,” was ready with her own pointed
reply.

“No, Peanut,” she said, replying to her former castmate’s tweet. “They are
not Patriots. They are your flying monkeys, homegrown terrorists, QAnon
actors. They are the d--chebags that go out and do the evil bidding of
people like you who like to wind them up like toys and let them do their
worst."

Lawless, 52, an actress from New Zealand, played Xena from 1995 to 2001,
winning hearts as a warrior princess who defended the vulnerable in the
fantasy series set in ancient Greece. Though Xena was only supposed to have
a short arc on “Hercules,” the character was a hit. The spinoff ended up
running for six seasons, surpassing the original show when it bowed in 1999.

Lawless went on to appear in TV’s “Battlestar Galactica” reboot, “Spartacus:
Blood and Sand,” “Parks and Recreation,” “Salem” and “Ash vs. Evil Dead.”
She voices a villain in the upcoming Illumination film “Minions: The Rise of
Gru.”

But on Thursday night, it was her response to Sorbo that earned applause
from Twitter, propelling Xena into the trends. Lawless continued to refer to
Sorbo as “Peanut” in follow-up tweets. The social media face-off inspired
“Xena” fans to profess their undying love for the character and Lawless.

Lucy Lawless, as badass as her namesake. Love her forever.
pic.twitter.com/y0YMzQgd30

— Timo Tjahjanto (@Timobros) January 8, 2021
Xena was always top tier to Hercules. She earned that spin-off. Lucy
Lawless, you badass princess. pic.twitter.com/OJHL3NX18Q

— Jennifer 🐼 (@iamjennwhy) January 8, 2021
Xena just killed Hercules pic.twitter.com/YztzupyRJY

David

zero....@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2021, 1:36:52 PM1/17/21
That's our Lucy... awesome as ever!!