"My Life Is Murder"

daviderl666

Oct 30, 2022, 7:16:42 AM10/30/22
Tried the 7 day free trial on Acorn to watch a few episodes to see if they were any good. I ended up subscribing ($7 / month) because I started watching a few other shows that are pretty good.

But back to Lucy. Her character, Alexis Crowe is in Australia, she is a retired cop who bakes bread for the local cafe. But one of her former colleges keeps bringing her cases to solve. She ends up with an assistant named Madison, who appears to be one of Australia's indigenous women.

The cases are interesting enough, but not Emmy winning ones. There was a cast interview and Lucy mentioned she had to learn to use an Aussie accent.

In the second season, Alexis (and the show) relocates back to NZ (in one of the eps someone asks Alexis if she was Aussie). The formula is the same - she bakes bread for a local cafe, and a cop brings her case files. Madison relocated with her.

Renee guest starred in one of the eps, but I'm only in the middle of season 2, and she hasn't shown up yet. (after some investigation, I found out that she is in the final episode of season 2 - "Pleasure and Pain").

I noticed that Michael Hurst (Iolaus) directed a few of the eps.

I suppose it the series had been aired 10 or so years ago, I would have been more excited about seeing Lucy in anything. but I will keep watching to the end.