Lucy Always Hater the Action Scenes

David

Aug 18, 2021, 5:03:11 PM8/18/21
https://www.thewrap.com/lucy-lawless-always-hated-doing-action-scenes-on-xena/

Lucy Lawless ‘Always Hated’ Doing ‘Xena’ Action Scenes

TCA 2021: ”I don’t do fantasy, I don’t watch fantasy, I’m not interested in
any of this stuff,“ Lawless says during a panel for her TV series ”My Life
Is Murder“

Lucy Lawless cemented her place as one of TV’s most iconic action stars with
her six-season run as the star of “Xena: Warrior Princess,” but the actress
says she’s glad to leave that part of her career in the past.

“Oh yes, I always hated action,” Lawless said during a Television Critics
Association panel to promote her Acorn TV series “My Life Is Murder.” The
actress said she “couldn’t believe” that action and fantasy became such a
defining part of her early career: “I don’t do fantasy, I don’t watch
fantasy, I’m not interested in any of this stuff, [but] I found myself in
this crazy genre.”

Lawless starred in the title role of “Xena: Warrior Princess” for six
seasons between 1995 and 2001. In the wake of the show’s success, she went
on to appear in a number of other hit genre television shows, including
“Battlestar Galactica” and Starz’s “Spartacus: Blood and Sand.”

“My Life Is Murder,” on the other hand, is a “Murder, She Wrote”-style
detective series that goes light on action. “That’s not part of our
agreement with the audience,” Lawless said.

David