Fan Fiction History Wiki

1 view

Michela Ecks

Oct 11, 2006, 8:48:04 AM10/11/06
Fan Fiction History Wiki
http://www.fanhistory.com

The fan fiction history wiki. Originally, it was created after much
deliberation, as a place to store information regarding the history of
fan fiction that I had collected over the years. And I'd it to becomea
fandom wide project, with more contributions to it because I know a lot
of areas are sparsely detailed and under represented. I also have
problems knowing some areas because I do not know know a lot of fandoms
and I do not necessarily know what roles people played. Some word
choices are my own like the preference of the word saffic. Some things I
treat as fact but would require two pages of meta to explain, like how
FanFiction.Net helped kill a certain degree of age discrimination in the
fan fiction community. (It isn't quite that simple but it is one of the
bigger contributing reasons.) Some of the articles are also terribly
short, one liners that could really use some fleshing out. As such, it
needs a lot of work and article updating that fandom at large can
provide... but overall, I still think it is a useful starting point for
people looking for information on the subject. Unlike the Fandom Wank
Wiki and Wikipedia, I don't really have a threshold for how famous you
have to be in order to merit your own page. Lesser known fen, where they
visited, what awards they won, what fandoms they were involved with,
that information helps build a broader picture as to the larger state of
the fan fiction community as a whole and the state of smaller,
individual fan fiction communities. It can also help track historical
movements in the fan fiction community.

The wiki currently has 3,025 articles are so.

The largest categories needing work are:
* People ( http://www.fanhistory.com/index.php?title=Category:People )
* Fandoms ( http://www.fanhistory.com/index.php?title=Category:Fandoms )
* Fanzines ( http://www.fanhistory.com/index.php?title=Category:Fanzines )
* Star Trek fans (
http://www.fanhistory.com/index.php?title=Category:Star_Trek_fans )
* Fan Fiction Archives (
http://www.fanhistory.com/index.php?title=Category:Fan_fiction_archives )

The longest articles needing work are:
* Slash ( http://www.fanhistory.com/index.php?title=Slash )
* Harry Potter ( http://www.fanhistory.com/index.php?title=Harry_Potter )
* Star Trek ( http://www.fanhistory.com/index.php?title=Star_Trek )
* X-Files ( http://www.fanhistory.com/index.php?title=X-Files )
* Star Wars ( http://www.fanhistory.com/index.php?title=Star_Wars )

Other articles that may be of interest needing people to help make them
more accurate:
* Doctor Who ( http://www.fanhistory.com/index.php?title=Doctor_Who )
* Gundam Wing ( http://www.fanhistory.com/index.php?title=Gundam_Wing )
* FanFiction.Net (
http://www.fanhistory.com/index.php?title=FanFiction.Net )
* LiveJournal ( http://www.fanhistory.com/index.php?title=LiveJournal )
* Big Name Fan ( http://www.fanhistory.com/index.php?title=Big_Name_Fan )

Those are just a sample of the things referenced. And so if you have the
time, please feel free to take a look and update anything that you can.
Thank you very much.