HOD...I liked it...

Skya Wode

Oct 22, 2000, 3:00:00ā€ÆAM10/22/00
Spoilers

First off, let me preface with the fact that I am neither Jewish,
Christian, nor Elian. I am a Lesbian and a Witch in the Reclaiming
tradition (http://www.reclaiming.org). Therefore I believe neither in
their patriarchal gods, nor in their devils. They created them and they
get to live with them. That being out of the way...........

After much anticipation and watching "the dance" many times a day on my
computer, and reading CN's spoiler, I watched HOD and enjoyed it for
what it was...a television show. In fact, my lover, Tater (we've been
happily "married" for almost 20 years), and I enjoyed it so much we
watched it three more times last night. It was silly, irreverant, full
of sexual thingys, and a hoot!!! I loved the subtext TPTB threw our
way. It's only a tv show, everyone!!! That is the way I'm gonna view it
this it's final season. I've gotten too serious about it. It's just a
tv show!!! In my mind, the real Xena exists in subtext fiction, of which
there is plenty on the internet. I use the images from the tv show to
illustrate the subtext fiction, and that's the way it's gotta be. It's
only a tv show, and it wasn't written by Shakespeare, or Starhawk, or
Bat Morda. It wasn't written for lesbians. It was written with one goal
in mind. Money. That's the bottom line...M.O.N.E.Y.

I've been a 49er football fan for the last 25 years. The 49ers have won
5 Superbowls. This year isn't a Superbowl year for us. My elder sister
won't let me into her house without a 49er shirt during football season.
The San Francisco 49ers are 2 and 5 for the season. It's only a football
game!!! They are getting paid millions of dollars to play a game, while
teachers, schools, breast cancer cures, AIDS cures, obesity cures, etc
get next to nothing in comparison. It's only football, and Xena is only
tv!!!

I'm thankful for the lovely images that have come from Xena and
Gabrielle together. And HOD gave me some pretty nice images. It's only a
tv show. HOD gave me some pretty good laughs. It's only a tv show. I
watched it three times last night. I haven't watched a Xena show more
than once since Fallen Angel. It's only a tv show. It gave us laughs
last night, laughs that we needed desperately. My beloved uncle died
from radiation poisoning from his treatment for lung cancer last week,
and my little sister is dying of breast cancer. My partner are going to
have custody of our niece and nephew in a couple of months. That's real
life. Xena is only a tv show, and a tv show that has made a beginning. I
thank LL and ROC for the subtext they gave us. Enjoy it for what it is.
Only a tv show.

Blessed Be,
Wode

Skya Wode's Xena Warrior Princess Subtext (since 1997)
http://www.geocities.com/skyawode

Rosa

Oct 22, 2000, 3:00:00ā€ÆAM10/22/00
WOAAAA, Sky Wode... I cannot agree more with you.

I live in Spain and, unfortunately, here we have to wait a lot of time
years, perhaps?) until the tv station broadcasts the sixth (and last)
season of Xena. Because of that, I enjoy the posts and spoilers in ATXS and
ATX. In my country the newest episodes the first of season 4. And I love
this show, because it is only made to have about fourty-five minutes of fun,
JUST THAT. If you want something more intelectual, rent a film of Dreyer,
for instance; if you want something real, think of your friends, family,
mortgage, job... etc. And if you want an icon for lesbians, I think you
shouldn't look for it on a TV show.

The subtext is an element more of fun, just that. I'm not a lesbian, but I
enjoy very much the TV SHOW with the subtextual relationship between Xena
and Gabrielle. I do not understand very well, why people need to search
more. For me, the crazy and funny adventures of two winners women in a world
of men it's enough.

I like X:WP like it is, and I enjoy posts like Sky Wode's one.

Rosa.

Skya Wode <woden...@earthlink.net> escribiĆ³ en el mensaje de noticias
39F32B5B...@earthlink.net...

AJ

Oct 22, 2000, 3:00:00ā€ÆAM10/22/00

With that attitude XWP becomes an enjoyable tidbit at the end of the
week, not the end all be all for validating lesbianism. That is as it
should be IMO.
Aj
--
Here's to Good Women.
May we praise Them.

Artemis

Oct 22, 2000, 3:00:00ā€ÆAM10/22/00
Standing ovation.

"its just a telly show..."

--

ARTEMIS
www.inlink.com/~artemis

"AJ" <ajar...@houston.rr.com> wrote in message

Skya Wode

Oct 23, 2000, 12:14:03ā€ÆAM10/23/00
Rosa wrote:

> WOAAAA, Sky Wode... I cannot agree more with you.
>
> I live in Spain and, unfortunately, here we have to wait a lot of time
> years, perhaps?) until the tv station broadcasts the sixth (and last)
> season of Xena. Because of that, I enjoy the posts and spoilers in ATXS and
> ATX. In my country the newest episodes the first of season 4. And I love
> this show, because it is only made to have about fourty-five minutes of fun,
> JUST THAT. If you want something more intelectual, rent a film of Dreyer,
> for instance; if you want something real, think of your friends, family,
> mortgage, job... etc. And if you want an icon for lesbians, I think you
> shouldn't look for it on a TV show.
>
> The subtext is an element more of fun, just that. I'm not a lesbian, but I
> enjoy very much the TV SHOW with the subtextual relationship between Xena
> and Gabrielle. I do not understand very well, why people need to search
> more. For me, the crazy and funny adventures of two winners women in a world
> of men it's enough.
>
> I like X:WP like it is, and I enjoy posts like Sky Wode's one.
>
> Rosa

Muchimas gracias, amiga mia. Muy amables. ;-)

Wode

Terry Burton

Oct 23, 2000, 3:00:00ā€ÆAM10/23/00
Skya Wode wrote:

<snip>

Thanks for this post. After all the previous HOD posts, I was wondering if
there was something wrong with me for enjoying this ep so much! Yeah, I
thought the Christian stuff was dumb, as I have ever since the whole Eli arc
started. But to me, the "orgy" scene was much more about women taking their
power and having a damn good time with it, rather than any sort of plot to
show how nasty and evil lesbians are. I too loved the subtext ... I loved,
in the Dance, how Gabrielle makes a tiny little lunge for Xena's neck, as if
she's going to take a bite out of her ... it was a virtual shower of
subtext, after a long drought, and I loved walkin' in the rain. It was fun,
it was lusty, it was a**-kicking, and I agree that this show has gone SO
much farther than any other that come to mind to show two strong women who
are committed to one another ... to Hell and back.

I'd still love to know how Renee made Lucy blush ...

T.

Petsy

Oct 23, 2000, 3:00:00ā€ÆAM10/23/00
Spolier space for "Heart of Darkness"...
Terry Burton wrote:

>Thanks for this post. After all the previous HOD posts, I was wondering if
>there was something wrong with me for enjoying this ep so much! Yeah, I
>thought the Christian stuff was dumb, as I have ever since the whole Eli arc
>started. But to me, the "orgy" scene was much more about women taking their
>power and having a damn good time with it, rather than any sort of plot to
>show how nasty and evil lesbians are. I too loved the subtext ... I loved,
>in the Dance, how Gabrielle makes a tiny little lunge for Xena's neck, as if
>she's going to take a bite out of her ... it was a virtual shower of
>subtext, after a long drought, and I loved walkin' in the rain. It was fun,
>it was lusty, it was a**-kicking, and I agree that this show has gone SO
>much farther than any other that come to mind to show two strong women who
>are committed to one another ... to Hell and back.

I agree with you here. After desperately seeking subtext all last season I am
beginning to have hope that this season will not disappoint. Nah - there's
nothing wrong with you for liking this ep in my opinion. If you can filter out
the stuff that annoys, i.e. Eli stuff, Eve stuff, now unfortnately Virgil stuff
(may Eve and he ride off into the sunset soon), there is still plenty to enjoy.
Not as good as the good old days of season 1 or 2 perhaps but certainly getting
bolder. It is a shame though that TPTB seem to be leaning towards an "excuse"
for any outward displays of affection between X&G. The excuse being that there
is some kind of demonic possession or something going on - that's why they are
acting this way - they'll get over it. Oh well - it is just a show and I will
continue to filter out the junk and enjoy what I can while I can.

>I'd still love to know how Renee made Lucy blush ...

Maybe she followed through on that serve.
Lucky girl! Heh, heh, heh.

petsy

Skya Wode

Petsy wrote:

> Spolier space for "Heart of Darkness"...
>

> >I'd still love to know how Renee made Lucy blush ...
>
> Maybe she followed through on that serve.
> Lucky girl! Heh, heh, heh.
>
> petsy

I'd like to know, too...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *vbefg*

During the orgy scene, did anybody notice any other female/female or male/male lust
happening??? Perhaps the dance between Xena and Gabs was the only sinless dance in
the orgy and all the hetero stuff (Xena and Lucifer, and Virgil and Gabrielle) was
sinful (ooooooooh, there's that word) lust???

And do you remember, the part, at the end, where Xena was telling Evewhere love was
the power and Xena looks at Gabrielle when she talks about love...*sigh*...did you
catch that bit of subtext??? I liked it...Xena knew where love was all along...and
that love is Gabrielle...keeps her going and coming home.

Wode*picks out the subtext from HOD and delights in it*
http://www.geocities.com/skyawode

AJ

Oct 23, 2000, 9:48:26ā€ÆPM10/23/00

> Thanks for this post. After all the previous HOD posts, I was wondering if
> there was something wrong with me for enjoying this ep so much! Yeah, I
> thought the Christian stuff was dumb, as I have ever since the whole Eli arc
> started. But to me, the "orgy" scene was much more about women taking their
> power and having a damn good time with it, rather than any sort of plot to
> show how nasty and evil lesbians are. I too loved the subtext ... I loved,
> in the Dance, how Gabrielle makes a tiny little lunge for Xena's neck, as if
> she's going to take a bite out of her ... it was a virtual shower of
> subtext, after a long drought, and I loved walkin' in the rain. It was fun,
> it was lusty, it was a**-kicking, and I agree that this show has gone SO
> much farther than any other that come to mind to show two strong women who
> are committed to one another ... to Hell and back.
>

> I'd still love to know how Renee made Lucy blush ...
>

> T.

I'd like to hear about that too ...
Meantime ... I noticed that during the orgy when Gabrielle was
supposedly making out with Virgil, they never once kissed on the mouth
(on camera) and of course Xena was diving down Lucifer's throat. Maybe
that is the difference between LL and ROC more than between X and G.
AJ

AJ

Oct 23, 2000, 9:53:00ā€ÆPM10/23/00

Petsy wrote:

> Spolier space for "Heart of Darkness"...

> Terry Burton wrote:
>
> >Thanks for this post. After all the previous HOD posts, I was wondering if
> >there was something wrong with me for enjoying this ep so much! Yeah, I
> >thought the Christian stuff was dumb, as I have ever since the whole Eli arc
> >started. But to me, the "orgy" scene was much more about women taking their
> >power and having a damn good time with it, rather than any sort of plot to
> >show how nasty and evil lesbians are. I too loved the subtext ... I loved,
> >in the Dance, how Gabrielle makes a tiny little lunge for Xena's neck, as if
> >she's going to take a bite out of her ... it was a virtual shower of
> >subtext, after a long drought, and I loved walkin' in the rain. It was fun,
> >it was lusty, it was a**-kicking, and I agree that this show has gone SO
> >much farther than any other that come to mind to show two strong women who
> >are committed to one another ... to Hell and back.
> >

> I agree with you here. After desperately seeking subtext all last season I am
> beginning to have hope that this season will not disappoint. Nah - there's
> nothing wrong with you for liking this ep in my opinion. If you can filter out
> the stuff that annoys, i.e. Eli stuff, Eve stuff, now unfortnately Virgil stuff
> (may Eve and he ride off into the sunset soon), there is still plenty to enjoy.
> Not as good as the good old days of season 1 or 2 perhaps but certainly getting
> bolder. It is a shame though that TPTB seem to be leaning towards an "excuse"
> for any outward displays of affection between X&G. The excuse being that there
> is some kind of demonic possession or something going on - that's why they are
> acting this way - they'll get over it. Oh well - it is just a show and I will
> continue to filter out the junk and enjoy what I can while I can.
>

> >I'd still love to know how Renee made Lucy blush ...
>

> Maybe she followed through on that serve.
> Lucky girl! Heh, heh, heh.
>
> petsy

LOL! and I'm with you on giving Virgil and Evie (whining is so
unattractive) the slip. I don't see any sign of them in the "Who's
Gurkhan" screen grab spoilers on AXIP so maybe we get our wish.

AJ

Oct 23, 2000, 9:57:14ā€ÆPM10/23/00

Skya Wode wrote:

> Petsy wrote:
>
> > Spolier space for "Heart of Darkness"...
> >

> > >I'd still love to know how Renee made Lucy blush ...
> >
> > Maybe she followed through on that serve.
> > Lucky girl! Heh, heh, heh.
> >
> > petsy
>

> I'd like to know, too...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *vbefg*
>
> During the orgy scene, did anybody notice any other female/female or male/male lust

No, and I was looking hard. The most I could come up with was what
seemed to be a 2 female 1 male threesome. That's kind of odd too
because there have been many occasion in XWP land where women were
dancing with each other so I was really expecting it to be blatant in
HOD.

> happening??? Perhaps the dance between Xena and Gabs was the only sinless dance in
> the orgy and all the hetero stuff (Xena and Lucifer, and Virgil and Gabrielle) was
> sinful (ooooooooh, there's that word) lust???
>
> And do you remember, the part, at the end, where Xena was telling Evewhere love was
> the power and Xena looks at Gabrielle when she talks about love...*sigh*...did you
> catch that bit of subtext??? I liked it...Xena knew where love was all along...and
> that love is Gabrielle...keeps her going and coming home.

Yeah, that was a nice bit.

> Wode*picks out the subtext from HOD and delights in it*
> http://www.geocities.com/skyawode

AJ

Skya Wode

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00ā€ÆAM10/24/00
AJ wrote:

> Terry Burton wrote:
> >
> > Skya Wode wrote:
> >
> > > Spoilers

> > ><snip>

> > I'd still love to know how Renee made Lucy blush ...

> > T.
>
> I'd like to hear about that too ...
> Meantime ... I noticed that during the orgy when Gabrielle was
> supposedly making out with Virgil, they never once kissed on the mouth
> (on camera) and of course Xena was diving down Lucifer's throat. Maybe
> that is the difference between LL and ROC more than between X and G.
> AJ

Perhaps Gabrielle is saving the throat diving for Xena??? Or maybe ROC is saving
her throat diving for Lucy??? That would really make Lucy blush, doncha think???
*vbefg*

Does anybody know how ROC made LL blush???

Wode *thinking wistfully*
http://www.geocities.com/skyawode

Skya Wode

AJ wrote:

> Petsy wrote:
> >
> > Spolier space for "Heart of Darkness"...
> > Terry Burton wrote:

<snip>

> LOL! and I'm with you on giving Virgil and Evie (whining is so
> unattractive) the slip. I don't see any sign of them in the "Who's
> Gurkhan" screen grab spoilers on AXIP so maybe we get our wish.
> AJ
> --

I gotta agree with you here. I'm really tired of Virgil and Eve, especially Eve!!!
She gets Xena hugs that should go to Gabrielle!!! *ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr* I'd
like to have seen Xena send Eve and Virgil to take ol' Mef's
place...*cackle...cackle...cackle...*

Unfortunately Virgil and Eve are in "Who's Gurkhan" as seen in CNWinters spoiler at:
http://www.xenafanfiction.com/cnsub/whos.htm

Wode
http://www.geocities.com/skyawode

Artemis

"Skya Wode" <woden...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

> Does anybody know how ROC made LL blush???

Not sure, I just heard in a recent interview with renee (more like a sound
bite) at the beginning of filming this year that "It's not too easy to make
her blush." and something about her getting good at it. It was such a blurb
I put it out of my mind until this season's more than obvious direction. It
would have been around the time of filming of this episode.

And for those folks who are getting militant, I need to remind you that last
year all we wanted was just a taste of this. I know from Rob Tapart and
gang's recent and past quotes that there was (note "was") never an
intention of making them lovers. If you wanna see that then yes they are,
if some folks don't (insert obnoxious areslovers slam here) then they are
missing out. But guys come on, the last few episodes have given Ares the
brush off (or kiss off), more than a hint of physical attraction at least on
Gabrielle's side if not Xena herself to each other. More of a commitment
between them than last years tragedy (Still trying to forget Antony and
Cleo). And something that should be acknowledged... Renee has said that she
can't do an intimate scene with anyone she doesn't know or like... she
looked like cardboard with the Virgil (I so don't care what his real name
is, he impresses me not). Where as Lucy she is actually showing for the
first time IMHO any sex appeal whatsoever. I mean SEX not cuteness or
beauty, but real sexy "bedroom" acting. Which can be deduced as two things,
one she and Lucy are that confident to play it off this way, OR she DOES
know something more than they are letting on about the future of the plot in
this show and she is gearing up for it. I hope its the latter.

I know they are both deathly Het, but you can be het and still attracted to
someone of the same sex... its just the bedroom line that is left to cross.
I am attracted to men, but I can't imagine wanting to take it further than
just looking.

My 2cents.

ARTEMIS
www.inlink.com/~artemis

Skya Wode

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00ā€ÆAM10/24/00
Artemis wrote:

<snip>

> And for those folks who are getting militant, I need to remind you that last
> year all we wanted was just a taste of this. I know from Rob Tapart and
> gang's recent and past quotes that there was (note "was") never an
> intention of making them lovers.

Even just a whif of this. I don't have to hold my nose watching the episodes of
season six...so far...
<snip>

> Renee has said that she can't do an intimate scene with anyone she doesn't
> know or like... she
> looked like cardboard with the Virgil (I so don't care what his real name
> is, he impresses me not). Where as Lucy she is actually showing for the
> first time IMHO any sex appeal whatsoever. I mean SEX not cuteness or
> beauty, but real sexy "bedroom" acting. Which can be deduced as two things,
> one she and Lucy are that confident to play it off this way, OR she DOES
> know something more than they are letting on about the future of the plot in
> this show and she is gearing up for it. I hope its the latter.

I want to believe it's the latter!!! *G*

> I know they are both deathly Het, but you can be het and still attracted to
> someone of the same sex... its just the bedroom line that is left to cross.
> I am attracted to men, but I can't imagine wanting to take it further than
> just looking.

I've many het and gay men friends who I dearly love. And, yes, I hug and kiss
them, but not in a sexual way...I got my lovely girlfriend, who has kept me
happy for 20 years...*VBEFG*

Amen to what you say, Atemis...*G*

Wode
http://www.geocities.com/skyawode

GOOS...@webtv.net

Oct 24, 2000, 3:00:00ā€ÆAM10/24/00

Count me as one of those who enjoyed
HOD. More comments under AJ's
Bitterness thread. Goose

AJ

Artemis wrote:

> "Skya Wode" <woden...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > Does anybody know how ROC made LL blush???
>
> Not sure, I just heard in a recent interview with renee (more like a sound
> bite) at the beginning of filming this year that "It's not too easy to make
> her blush." and something about her getting good at it. It was such a blurb
> I put it out of my mind until this season's more than obvious direction. It
> would have been around the time of filming of this episode.
>

> And for those folks who are getting militant, I need to remind you that last
> year all we wanted was just a taste of this. I know from Rob Tapart and
> gang's recent and past quotes that there was (note "was") never an

> intention of making them lovers. If you wanna see that then yes they are,
> if some folks don't (insert obnoxious areslovers slam here) then they are
> missing out. But guys come on, the last few episodes have given Ares the
> brush off (or kiss off), more than a hint of physical attraction at least on
> Gabrielle's side if not Xena herself to each other. More of a commitment
> between them than last years tragedy (Still trying to forget Antony and

> Cleo). And something that should be acknowledged... Renee has said that she

> can't do an intimate scene with anyone she doesn't know or like... she
> looked like cardboard with the Virgil (I so don't care what his real name
> is, he impresses me not). Where as Lucy she is actually showing for the
> first time IMHO any sex appeal whatsoever. I mean SEX not cuteness or
> beauty, but real sexy "bedroom" acting. Which can be deduced as two things,
> one she and Lucy are that confident to play it off this way, OR she DOES
> know something more than they are letting on about the future of the plot in
> this show and she is gearing up for it. I hope its the latter.
>

> I know they are both deathly Het, but you can be het and still attracted to
> someone of the same sex... its just the bedroom line that is left to cross.

Like Susan Sarandon says in "The Celluloid Closet" ... 'I don't care who
you are, you don't have to be drunk to bed Catherine Deneauve' ... this
was in response to the directors suggestion that SS's character in "The
Hunger" would get tipsy when being seduced by CD's character. We all
know there are plenty of hot scenes between het actresses so it is not a
stretch of the imagination to think that ROC and LL could pull it off
if allowed to by TPTB.

> I am attracted to men, but I can't imagine wanting to take it further than
> just looking.
>

> My 2cents.
>
> ARTEMIS
> www.inlink.com/~artemis

Petsy

Oct 24, 2000, 8:26:51ā€ÆPM10/24/00
Spoiler space for "Heart of Darkness"

Artemis wrote:
>I know they are both deathly Het, but you can be het and still attracted to
>someone of the same sex... its just the bedroom line that is left to cross.
>I am attracted to men, but I can't imagine wanting to take it further than
>just looking.

I'm not convinced that they are both deathly het. Just because they married
doesn't convince me. Or is this wishful
thinking. I just think that it may not be easy to be gay or lesbian or even bi
in some parts of the world. New Zealand is a small country and a lot like a
small town. I left NYC to live in a small town
(don't ask me what I was thinking - something about having a garden) and people
really thrive on info about others.
It's a kind of vampirism I think. Crazy.

Petsy

Oct 24, 2000, 8:30:32ā€ÆPM10/24/00
AJ wrote:
Spoiler fo "Heart of Darkness"

>LOL! and I'm with you on giving Virgil and Evie (whining is so
>unattractive) the slip. I don't see any sign of them in the "Who's
>Gurkhan" screen grab spoilers on AXIP so maybe we get our wish.
>AJ

We should only be so lucky!!! I have a vision of them both walking in another
direction from X&G. I'd breathe a sigh of relief.
petsy

Artemis

Oct 24, 2000, 9:13:41ā€ÆPM10/24/00

Um.......

This is when I relinquish the thread and walk off shaking my head. I can't
give an answer for this for I can't talk for Renee or Lucy and I don't want
to debate on thier sexuality beyond the obvious. I can't assume they are
bi/gay when I can see they are (at least at the moment <g>) het.

ARTEMIS
www.inlink.com/~artemis

"Petsy" <pe...@aol.com> wrote in message

Stephanie

Oct 25, 2000, 2:46:43ā€ÆAM10/25/00
>> I'm not convinced that they are both deathly het. Just because they
>married
>> doesn't convince me. Or is this wishful
>> thinking.

I myself am more or less het, but even when I was engaged to a guy I was still
attracted to girls. I think there's many people out there who are bisexual on
the side.
Perhaps ROC and LL are straight, but have some attraction between them. Or
maybe they have a non-attractive sexual twist to their friendship- I've seen
that happen, even in deathly het girls. Who knows but them?

-Stephanie <3

D.F.

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00ā€ÆAM10/25/00
I gotta agree with you here. I'm really tired of Virgil and Eve, especially
Eve!!!
She gets Xena hugs that should go to Gabrielle!!!
*ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr* I'd
like to have seen Xena send Eve and Virgil to take ol' Mef's
place...*cackle...cackle...cackle...*

I agree Totally!

Darlene Gabrielle

D.F.

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00ā€ÆAM10/25/00
I read somewhere that during an interview with LL she was asked about "the
lesbian following" and LL reply was
"Xena may be a lesbian but Lucy Lawless is not"
so there you have it.

in real life LL and ROC are good friends. Humm does anyone have any pic of
ROC new hubby Steve?

D.F.

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00ā€ÆAM10/25/00
What does it matter what LL and ROC sexual preferences are?
I mean they are people acting in roles for the viewer enjoyment. if the
writers find a connection that the viewer like then they should imply it
into the show as they did with XWP.
I for one love the subtext and lesbian suggestions with the show, i guess
that's because I'm a lesbian myself but still.
If they were playing hets then still it would be a good show.
I guess what I'm trying to say without getting chewed up with this group is
to me IMHO i don't care. I love XWP show and the actresses ROC & LL and i
will continue to follow their careers in the future.

Ok i voiced my opinion so now I'll crawl back to my lukers mode so save
face.

Darlene Gabrielle

Artemis

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00ā€ÆAM10/25/00
Give me Eve over Joxer anyday. No risk of a love interest. :-)

Virgil however has to go.

--

ARTEMIS
www.inlink.com/~artemis

"D.F." <dfont...@home.com> wrote in message

Stephanie

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00ā€ÆAM10/25/00
>What does it matter what LL and ROC sexual preferences are?
>I mean they are people acting in roles for the viewer enjoyment.

I don't think it does, except that it can put a spin on their characters. And,
because we'd like to think X & G are together, that raises some questions, no
matter how much people protest, in the minds of some concerning LL & ROC and
their relationship. Of course, they're probably just friends. But any fanbase
that can write as much fanfic as Xenites have obviously has a lot of
imagination.

>I for one love the subtext and lesbian suggestions with the show, i guess
>that's because I'm a lesbian myself but still.

I enjoy it, too, though I am not a lesbian. Though a lesbian did get me into
the whole Xena subtext thing, even if someone else had introduced me to Xena,
I'm sure I would have picked up on the subtext.

>I guess what I'm trying to say without getting chewed up with this group is
>to me IMHO i don't care. I love XWP show and the actresses ROC & LL and i
>will continue to follow their careers in the future.

That's a lovely way to look at it. I tend to agree, but even if I didn't, we
all have the right to have our own opinions.

-Stephanie <3

Razork1ss2

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00ā€ÆAM10/25/00
>Give me Eve over Joxer anyday. No risk of a love interest. :-)
>
>Virgil however has to go.
>
>--
>
> ARTEMIS

Agreed... Hey, what are we supposed to do if the show ends in total
disappointment? Boycott RenPics for all of eternity?

Ginger

Artemis

Oct 25, 2000, 3:00:00ā€ÆAM10/25/00
Watch old tapes and remember it for what it was. Oh an erase the ones we
don't like
:-P~

--

ARTEMIS
www.inlink.com/~artemis

"Razork1ss2" <razor...@aol.com> wrote in message

AJ

Oct 25, 2000, 10:44:44ā€ÆPM10/25/00

I went over to CN Winters place and read the synopsis of WG (I can't
help myself) and sad to say we haven't shed the two kids yet.

Wende

Oct 25, 2000, 11:39:43ā€ÆPM10/25/00
Petsy wrote:
>AJ wrote:
>Spoiler fo "Heart of Darkness"
AXIP (?) and The Quill is Mightier...

>We should only be so lucky!!! I have a vision of them both walking in another

>direction from X&G. I'd breathe a sigh of relief.

To the caves!

--
Wende
wm...@yahoo.com

Wende

Oct 25, 2000, 11:39:54ā€ÆPM10/25/00
AJ wrote:
>> > Spoilers
>I noticed that during the orgy when Gabrielle was supposedly making out
>with Virgil, they never once kissed on the mouth (on camera) and of
>course Xena was diving down Lucifer's throat. Maybe that is the
>difference between LL and ROC more than between X and G.

I wonder...I've always imagined Gab the diver of the X&G pair. ;)
Besides, Xena was occupied--perhaps Gab thought Xena was carrying out
The Plan and that Xena wanted her to stay put until needed. I had the
sense Virg was far more into Gab than she was him. Even so...yuck.

--
Wende
wm...@yahoo.com

Wende

Oct 25, 2000, 11:40:03ā€ÆPM10/25/00
Artemis wrote:

>And for those folks who are getting militant, I need to remind you that last
>year all we wanted was just a taste of this. I know from Rob Tapart and
>gang's recent and past quotes that there was (note "was") never an
>intention of making them lovers.

Speaking strictly for my own militant self, I've *never* have expected
an outing. My militant attitude (militant isn't what *I'd* call it, but
whatever) stems from the way TPTB have used the subtext and its fans to
bolster ratings, then abandoned it *and* us when they decided subtext
had become a liability. That's nasty politics, and it pisses me off to
the extreme. Now, after realizing their error, TPTB are chatting us up
again as if we were either to stupid to realize we'd been dumped or too
desperate for attention to care. I'm a woman scorned; I'm not militant,
I'm homicidal. ;)

--
Wende
wm...@yahoo.com

Artemis

Oct 26, 2000, 4:58:57ā€ÆPM10/26/00
It's okay they are tolerable in this. In fact Virgil was funny... ulike his
father. :-)

--

ARTEMIS
www.inlink.com/~artemis

"AJ" <ajar...@houston.rr.com> wrote in message

Artemis

Oct 26, 2000, 5:02:30ā€ÆPM10/26/00

"Wende" <spam...@nosuch.com> wrote in message

> Speaking strictly for my own militant self, I've *never* have expected
> an outing.

Ditto. :-)

>My militant attitude (militant isn't what *I'd* call it, but
> whatever) stems from the way TPTB have used the subtext and its fans to
> bolster ratings, then abandoned it *and* us when they decided subtext
> had become a liability. That's nasty politics, and it pisses me off to
> the extreme. Now, after realizing their error, TPTB are chatting us up
> again as if we were either to stupid to realize we'd been dumped or too
> desperate for attention to care. I'm a woman scorned; I'm not militant,
> I'm homicidal. ;)

Lol! And yes I do agree with you... but I hope you will like Gurkhan, more
subtext than Fins,Femms,and Gems and Locked up and tied down rolled into one
little episode!

--

ARTEMIS
www.inlink.com/~artemis

AJ

Oct 26, 2000, 11:15:34ā€ÆPM10/26/00

The Black Wolf wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Oct 2000 22:54:48 GMT, AJ <ajar...@houston.rr.com> wrote:
>

> >Artemis wrote:

> >> "Skya Wode" <woden...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Not sure, I just heard in a recent interview with renee (more like a sound
> >> bite) at the beginning of filming this year that "It's not too easy to make
> >> her blush." and something about her getting good at it. It was such a blurb
> >> I put it out of my mind until this season's more than obvious direction. It
> >> would have been around the time of filming of this episode.
> >>

> >> And for those folks who are getting militant, I need to remind you that last
> >> year all we wanted was just a taste of this. I know from Rob Tapart and
> >> gang's recent and past quotes that there was (note "was") never an

> >> intention of making them lovers. If you wanna see that then yes they are,
> >> if some folks don't (insert obnoxious areslovers slam here) then they are
> >> missing out. But guys come on, the last few episodes have given Ares the
> >> brush off (or kiss off), more than a hint of physical attraction at least on
> >> Gabrielle's side if not Xena herself to each other. More of a commitment
> >> between them than last years tragedy (Still trying to forget Antony and
> >> Cleo). And something that should be acknowledged... Renee has said that she
> >> can't do an intimate scene with anyone she doesn't know or like... she
> >> looked like cardboard with the Virgil (I so don't care what his real name
> >> is, he impresses me not). Where as Lucy she is actually showing for the
> >> first time IMHO any sex appeal whatsoever. I mean SEX not cuteness or
> >> beauty, but real sexy "bedroom" acting. Which can be deduced as two things,
> >> one she and Lucy are that confident to play it off this way, OR she DOES
> >> know something more than they are letting on about the future of the plot in
> >> this show and she is gearing up for it. I hope its the latter.
> >>

> >> I know they are both deathly Het, but you can be het and still attracted to
> >> someone of the same sex... its just the bedroom line that is left to cross.
> >

> >Like Susan Sarandon says in "The Celluloid Closet" ... 'I don't care who
> >you are, you don't have to be drunk to bed Catherine Deneauve' ... this
> >was in response to the directors suggestion that SS's character in "The
> >Hunger" would get tipsy when being seduced by CD's character. We all
> >know there are plenty of hot scenes between het actresses so it is not a
> >stretch of the imagination to think that ROC and LL could pull it off
> >if allowed to by TPTB.
>

> oops. I wrote a post mentioning this about S Sarandon in The
> Celluloid Closet before I read this one. :) and I agree
> wholeheartedly.
>
> -TBW
That's OK ... great minds and all that.

AJ

Oct 26, 2000, 11:20:38ā€ÆPM10/26/00

I taped the Rosie show that LL was on a week or so ago and I noticed
that the response from the audience was at best tepid, very different
from her first appearance when the cheers from the audience nearly
brought the house down. My immediate thought was if LL can't get a
hearty welcome from a New York City audience then XWP has really lost
the lesbians.

Wende

Oct 27, 2000, 12:24:13ā€ÆAM10/27/00
Artemis wrote:

>I hope you will like Gurkhan, more subtext than Fins,Femms,and
>Gems and Locked up and tied down rolled into one little episode!

I'll be watching...shovel and bucket close by (in case of emergency
only--not that I'm expecting one). :)

--
Wende
wm...@yahoo.com

Wende

Oct 27, 2000, 12:24:38ā€ÆAM10/27/00
.deeva. wrote:
>Wende <spam...@nosuch.com> kindly wrote:

>I wonder if ROC is not willing to do love scenes on that show b/c it
>isn't a serious show (as opposed to a feature movie that doesn't
>involve sound effects let's say),

...such as, I dunno...huge great sucking sounds perhaps?

>and she has been newly involved in her first serious (now married)
>relationship. I can see her not wanting to kiss anyone just now.
>Except Lucy. <G> And telling the producers so.

Yeah. She *should* tell Rob she wants to kiss Lucy.

>LL OTOH has been married twice and has had 2 kids. Plus her second
>hubby is the producer. Sticking her tongue down some fellow actors
>throat doesn't have the same cherished meaning at this point.

Perhaps it will when Rob tells Lucy ReneƩ wants to kiss her. (I think I
could come to enjoy this little soap opera.) :D

--
Wende
wm...@yahoo.com

Skya Wode

Oct 27, 2000, 12:04:18ā€ÆPM10/27/00
AJ wrote:

> I taped the Rosie show that LL was on a week or so ago and I noticed
> that the response from the audience was at best tepid, very different
> from her first appearance when the cheers from the audience nearly
> brought the house down. My immediate thought was if LL can't get a
> hearty welcome from a New York City audience then XWP has really lost
> the lesbians.

I noticed that LL and Rosie didn't do a very good hug, either. Hmmmmmm... Perhaps
LL/Xena is tired from all the body contact she's had this season? Especially since
she has to hug her daughter (I'm not Livia I'm) Eve a lot, to make up for sleeping
in a cave, alone, with Gabrielle for 25 years (What a delightful thought. Perhaps
someone can write a subtext fan fiction about Xena and Gabrielle sleeping together
in a cave for 25 years. *wiggles eyebrows with a very evil grin*), and being a poor
mother. Perhaps Gabrielle needs to smack Xena upside the head a few more times to
make up for the chak-attack from last season. Oh, I sorry, I lost my train of
thought there. Where was I? Oh, yeah, the Rosie show. I notice the lack of
applause, too. Wasn't there a time when LL would have "brought the house down" with
applause???

Wode *being cynical*
http://www.geocities.com/skyawode

Skya Wode

Oct 27, 2000, 12:13:56ā€ÆPM10/27/00
Wende wrote:

ROTFLMFAOWTIME!!!

Me too.

Wode
http://www.geocities.com/skyawode

Stephanie

Oct 28, 2000, 2:30:10ā€ÆAM10/28/00
>Where was I? Oh, yeah, the Rosie show. I notice the lack of
>applause, too. Wasn't there a time when LL would have "brought the house
>down" with
>applause???

<looks at Ginger with that "I've found another conspiracy" glint in her eye>

Well. Perhaps it was all staged. The Rosie show may have carefully calculated
the lack of applause to give us a subconscious message: "Xena's a lesbian, and
there's not a lot of clapping going on for Lucy. That means Rosie's not gay."
Maybe this was all staged to combat rumors about Rosie? Oooh.

Personally, I think Rosie is dating my best friend's aunt.

Whatever.

-Stephanie <3

Artemis

Oct 28, 2000, 12:13:32ā€ÆPM10/28/00

"Terry Burton" <tbu...@doubledog.com> wrote in message

> Thanks for this post. After all the previous HOD posts, I was wondering if
> there was something wrong with me for enjoying this ep so much! Yeah, I
> thought the Christian stuff was dumb, as I have ever since the whole Eli
arc
> started. But to me, the "orgy" scene was much more about women taking
their
> power and having a damn good time with it, rather than any sort of plot to
> show how nasty and evil lesbians are.

Yes I agree here. I have on many occasions used my feminity to my
advantage (having the long red hair, lipstick lesbian thang going on helps)
with more men then I can count, and let me tell ya... its fun. :-)

For me that's all the dance was "ya want a lick.... sike!" (to quote
Eddie Murphy) Virgil's interruption was the young man who has no control
over his excitment. Where as it appeared that Lucifer a more control over
his arousal and to me, appeared he was waiting to see how far this dance
would go (as we all were). I don't think in the storyline of the character
he would have walked to Xena if Virgil didn't take Gabby out of the scene.

The only lesbian "slam" in the show was the teaser before it when they
showed a clip of the dance and the edit to Xena saying "Evil...the dark
side. It's intoxicating isn't it?" I was worried about that until I saw it
in context and now I don't see it that way.

Teaser spoiler below
http://members.nbci.com/ausxip/season6/promos/03-hod/index.html

ARTEMIS
www.inlink.com/~artemis

Katie Makal

Oct 30, 2000, 5:36:38ā€ÆPM10/30/00
in article 39F9AAFD...@earthlink.net, Skya Wode at
woden...@earthlink.net wrote on 10/27/00 8:04 AM:

I think neither LL nor Rosie were in their best form during for the LL
appearance. Rosie recently adopted child number four, who's having trouble
sleeping -- she's afraid of monkeys attacking her in her bedroom at night.
Rosie hadn't slept for several nights, she says, before the LL show, and she
even apologized to the audience for her unpleasantness the next day. I feel
so cheated -- the interview could have been so good but wasn't, like XWP in
general, I suppose.

And Lucy -- she started the interview with an awkward almost hug/wave to the
audience, seemed thrown when Rosie handed her a gift she wasn't able to put
down anywhere, and I noticed her hands were shaking toward the interview's
end when she was discussing her work with abused children.

Since this is probably LL's last appearance on Rosie as Xena, I'm very
disappointed.

--katie.