For the moment

Jerry Dallal

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

This newsgroup was not my doing, and it has appeared at my site *for the
moment*. However, as far as I can tell, its creation did not follow
Usenet protocol and is at risk of being declared bogus and rmgrp'd.

It's an interesting idea--trying to filter away the material that has
caused stress in atx. I hope it works. My only concern is that if it
does not propagate, the material will continue to be posted to atx as the
only outlet available for people who wish to discuss subtext. For that
reason, there might have been a greater guarantee of success by leaving
subtext to atx and creating a non-subtext group, but we shall see.

I recommend that the creator review the procedures outline in alt.config
to learn what to do to make atx-s fall within accepted guidelines.

Jerry Dallal

Jul 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/22/96

I wrote:
: This newsgroup was not my doing . . .

The dangers of cross-posting. 'This newsgroup' refers to
alt.tv.xena-subtext. If you're reading this in atx and your reader is set
to display brief headers, you might understandably think I was referring to
atx. Sorry 'bout that.

Red1Sonja

Jul 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/24/96

In article <DuypE...@world.std.com>, gda...@world.std.com (Jerry
Dallal) writes:

>The dangers of cross-posting. 'This newsgroup' refers to
>alt.tv.xena-subtext. If you're reading this in atx and your reader is
set
>to display brief headers, you might understandably think I was referring
>atx. Sorry 'bout that.

Actually I read it in both. :)

So who *did* start this ng?

Red Sonja