Is Mulder stupid? (Ascension spoiler)

Nathan Kresse

Oct 24, 1994, 1:33:43 PM10/24/94
Kurt Kuhlmann (kuhl...@acpub.duke.edu) wrote:
: OK, here is one thing that really bothered me about Ascension: Mulder
: leaves Krychek watching the tram operator as he rides to the top of
: the mountain. Suddenly, the tram stops; no one answers the radio;
: then as he's climbing on the roof is suddenly starts up again and
: almost kills him. What happened to Mulder's paranoia? He NEVER
: questions Krychek about what happened down in the tram control room,
: and never seems suspicious at all about it, until the very end when he
: mentions that Krychek was the last one to see the tram operator who
: mysteriously disappeared. This seems like a major flaw in the
: plausibility of the episode.

I had thought about that when the commercial started up after that part.
The only theory I could think of is that our X-o-phile was worried about
Scully and the madman, and decided that it was the madman...Who knows,
he possibly was going to talk with him, right after he got wiped.

(And where IS Scully, anyway? Having great experimental whoopie with
aliens, or being tied up naked by the Gov't? Hmmm...)

(It's a thought, though.)

-Nathan