Get Them Together W/out Ruining Show

KSJ

Feb 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/14/97

In article , Poisel says...

>Is this possible? Anyone have any ideas of how to get them together, not
>necessarily permamently but enough to satisfy those who can hardly wait,
>without ruining the show? here are my ideas:
>
>1. They investigate some X File that changes the way people behave, sleep
>together, then find out what is going on, act like that is why they got
>together, then go on with the show as if it didn't happen (but still have the
>tension of course because they do love each other...but just won't admit it
>probably until the very last episode ever).
>
>2. They investigate some X-file that makes people confuse reality with dreams
>or daydreams, and they both happen to dream the same thing. And we are left
>not knowing if it really happened or if it didn't...kind of keeping that level
>of suspense in there because we don't know if it's a dream or not or even that
>it COULD be a dream till the end of the show. -Sarah

I am sorry, but why would the device used to accomplish getting Mulder and Scully together have to be so inane? Why would it not be possible to have an X-File where the focus and the concern is on the case, but where it is obvious that once they go home, they are doing so together and will continue to do so.

Example: They have just finished a grueling case, something ala Grotesque sans The Rift, something that has put them both through the ringer. They end up standing side by side, staring at the police as they clean up what is left of the case.

Scully: Are you all right?

Mulder: Yeah. I just can't help but think (long-winded musing on the case/villain/whatever)

Scully: (smile) Come on. You're beat. Let's go home. I'll draw you a bath.

And they walk of hand in hand.

No fuss. No fanfare. No panting or pawing or heavy breathing, as lovely as that might sometimes seem to be. We get the occassional embrace and tender bonding moments like those is Momento Mori. We know they are together but it is not affecting what they do or how they do it, and we are not subjected to some ridiculous bedroom scene that has nothing to do with the show we all love.

Works for me.

Seems to me the ideas suggested above, though I think they were probably suggested tongue in cheek, would be more the focus of the plot or at least the episode than this would be.

Kristel

Poisel Sarah

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

John J. Martin

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

I think if they just keep things going the way they are going-- for
example, if we hear Scully tell someone she loves Mulder, or if they
have an episode where Mulder has a chance to be with his sister but
would rather bewith Scully---- I'd be perfectly content if they just
proved once and for all that they love each other. They don't even
need to find out. Or, it could be Mulder-or-Scully -in-a-drunken-daze
says "I love you" and the other says, ala Han Solo, "I know."?
Remember on Friends where Ross got all high and told Rachel he "loved
her best of all"?

Coleen Sullivan-Baier

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

In <5e3c9i$5...@lana.zippo.com> KSJ <kjo...@SpiritOne.com> writes:

>Mulder: Yeah. I just can't help but think (long-winded musing on the
case/villain/whatever)
>Scully: (smile) Come on. You're beat. Let's go home. I'll draw you
a bath.
>And they walk of hand in hand.
>
>No fuss. No fanfare. No panting or pawing or heavy breathing, as
>lovely as that might sometimes seem to be. We get the occassional
>embrace and tender bonding moments like those is Momento Mori. We
>know they are together but it is not affecting what they do or how
>they do it, and we are not subjected to some ridiculous bedroom scene
>that has nothing to do with the show we all love.
>
>Works for me.

AAHHHHHHH, I forget the characters NAMES!!!!! But remember
"Hill Street Blues", the Daniel J. Travanti cop character lying oh, so
sexily in bed, bare chested and talking, and the camera pans back, just
a LITTLE, and this female body climbs on the bed, OVER him, talking
softly...and it was the Victoria Hammell lawyer character, and we
GASPED!!!...and their relationship was one of the hottest on TV, IMHO,
and it sure didn't wreck THAT show...but what a shock.

Can't you see it, like in "Revelations", Mulder reclined on the
bed, pouting, and Scully just, no fan fare, climbs up and lays beside
him, head on his chest, arm across him, comfort/comforting...and they
talk ABOUT THE CASE, even argue...she rears back and gives him THAT
LOOK, then snuggles back down, shaking her head and snickering......oh,
god....I got it BAD!!!!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXgizzieXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
....beginning to realize that a recently outed 'shipper is like a
recently reformed alcoholic, just CAN'T quit sharing the joy with
others (quit retching, Lisa)

KSJ

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

In article , KSJ says...

>In article , Poisel says...
>>

>I am sorry, but why would the device used to accomplish getting Mulder and Scully together have to be so inane? Why would it not be possible to have an X-File where the focus and the concern is on the case, but where it is obvious that once they go home, they are doing so together and will continue to do so.
>
>Example: They have just finished a grueling case, something ala Grotesque sans The Rift, something that has put them both through the ringer. They end up standing side by side, staring at the police as they clean up what is left of the case.
>
>Scully: Are you all right?
>
>Mulder: Yeah. I just can't help but think (long-winded musing on the case/villain/whatever)
>
>Scully: (smile) Come on. You're beat. Let's go home. I'll draw you a bath.
>
>And they walk of hand in hand.
>
>No fuss. No fanfare. No panting or pawing, as lovely as that might sometimes

seem to be. We get the occassional embrace and tender bonding moments like those is Momento Mori. We know they are together but it is not affecting what they do or how they do it, and we are not subjected to some ridiculous bedroom scene that has nothing to do with the show we all love.

>Works for me.

sun...@gulf.net

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

No panting, pawing, or heavy breathing??? You've never had sex with
someone you ***REALLY*** wanted to have sex with before, have you. I
mean we all KNOW that they love each other. Things are gonna get real
emotional when they discover it. Have some icing on that cake honey!

KSJ

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

In article , giz...@ix.netcom.com says...

>....beginning to realize that a recently outed 'shipper is like a
>recently reformed alcoholic, just CAN'T quit sharing the joy with
>others (quit retching, Lisa)

You know, Gizzie, there's a place for people like you.

I have been getting a lot of requests for subscribe info for XF Romantics, so
figured I would post it.

XFR is a mailing list almost a year old dedicated to discussion of the show with
an emphasis on the Mulder/Scully romance. It is over 300 subscribers strong
and a very friendly place to discuss the show and the relationship.

contents "subscribe xf-romantics."

If you are a bit leery of being flooded with emails, send the message
"subscribe xf-romantics-digest" instead.

Hope to see you there!

Kristel S. Oxley-Johns
list-admin

sdsuser

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

> AAHHHHHHH, I forget the characters NAMES!!!!! But remember
> "Hill Street Blues", the Daniel J. Travanti cop character lying oh, so
> sexily in bed, bare chested and talking, and the camera pans back, just
> a LITTLE, and this female body climbs on the bed, OVER him, talking
> softly...and it was the Victoria Hammell lawyer character, and we
> GASPED!!!...and their relationship was one of the hottest on TV, IMHO,
> and it sure didn't wreck THAT show...but what a shock.
>
> Can't you see it, like in "Revelations", Mulder reclined on the
> bed, pouting, and Scully just, no fan fare, climbs up and lays beside
> him, head on his chest, arm across him, comfort/comforting...and they
> talk ABOUT THE CASE, even argue...she rears back and gives him THAT
> LOOK, then snuggles back down, shaking her head and snickering......oh,
> god....I got it BAD!!!!!
>
> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXgizzieXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
> ....beginning to realize that a recently outed 'shipper is like a
> recently reformed alcoholic, just CAN'T quit sharing the joy with
> others (quit retching, Lisa)

Francis X. "Pizza Man" Furrillo and Joyce Davenport. And you can't
really compare them to Mulder and Scully because their (F&D) sexual
relationship was part of the plot of the series. During the series
pilot, you see them arguing at the police station about how they each
conduct their business and you think they hate each other, then at the
end of the show they are together in bed in the scene you describe.

(Still trying to figure out how they got Dennis Franz to play two
seperate characters on that show. And his current Sipowicz character is
still the same. That's OK, I liked 'em all) :->

Alyssa Fernandez

Feb 15, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/15/97

KSJ wrote:

> Sarah wrote...

> >Is this possible? Anyone have any ideas of how to get them together, not
> >necessarily permamently but enough to satisfy those who can hardly wait,
> >without ruining the show? here are my ideas:
> >
> >1. They investigate some X File that changes the way people behave, sleep
> >together, then find out what is going on, act like that is why they got
> >together, then go on with the show as if it didn't happen (snipped)

> >2. They investigate some X-file that makes people confuse reality with dreams
> >or daydreams, and they both happen to dream the same thing. And we are left
> >not knowing if it really happened or if it didn't...(snipped)-Sarah

> I am sorry, but why would the device used to accomplish getting Mulder
> and Scully together have to be so inane? Why would it not be possible
> to have an X-File where the focus and the concern is on the case, but
> where it is obvious that once they go home, they are doing so together
> and will continue to do so.

Kristel, I think you missed the point of Sarah's post. She was not
talking about ways in which the show could introduce a full-blown
permanent Mulder/Scully relationship; she specifically proposed ideas
that would allow the characters to generate some sparks yet still
remainly firmly UNattached to one another--a way to have our RST, and
keep our UST too.

There was nothing inane about Sarah's suggestions, given the nature of
her hypothesis--i.e., that they could be gotten together "w/out ruining
the show" for anti-shippers. Your suggestion addressed a different
scenario altogether, in which "once they go home, they are doing so
together and will continue to do so." Sarah's premise was clearly to
pair them up only "enough to satisfy those who can hardly wait."

BTW, Sarah, some great fan-fic has been written which addresses these
same themes. For example, I highly recommend Madeline Partous's "Ode to
Paula Graves: Sleep is Sweeter," which plays with the idea of whether
Mulder's "memories" of sex can be trusted.

Alyssa,
Who would love to see a little consequence-free action between our Moose
and Squirrel.

KSJ

Feb 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/16/97

In article , Alyssa says...

>KSJ wrote:

>> I am sorry, but why would the device used to accomplish getting Mulder
>> and Scully together have to be so inane? Why would it not be possible
>> to have an X-File where the focus and the concern is on the case, but
>> where it is obvious that once they go home, they are doing so together
>> and will continue to do so.
>
>Kristel, I think you missed the point of Sarah's post. She was not
>talking about ways in which the show could introduce a full-blown
>permanent Mulder/Scully relationship; she specifically proposed ideas
>that would allow the characters to generate some sparks yet still
>remainly firmly UNattached to one another--a way to have our RST, and
>keep our UST too.
>
>There was nothing inane about Sarah's suggestions, given the nature of
>her hypothesis--i.e., that they could be gotten together "w/out ruining
>the show" for anti-shippers. Your suggestion addressed a different
>scenario altogether, in which "once they go home, they are doing so
>together and will continue to do so." Sarah's premise was clearly to
>pair them up only "enough to satisfy those who can hardly wait."

My point is, and this is what we shippers have been fighting against all along,
that the Mulder/Scully relationship is not just about SEX! CC keeps saying
that he doesn't want to get Mulder and Scully together because then they would
be too concerned about getting to bed with one another to chase after aliens
or thwart government conspiracies. It is a very common assumption that what
we shippers want from the relationship is for them to fall into bed with one
another, and that isn't it at all. We want the depth of devotion and love which
they feel for one another acknowledged. We don't need (and I quote a friend
here) a "rompin' sex scene" for that purpose. Would it be nice? yes, of course.
Anything that offers me a glimpse of DD flesh is A-OK in my book. But it would
contribute nothing to the plot or mythology of the X Files. It would be, quite
simply, another gratuitous sex scene the kind of which are a dime a dozen.

Gag me.

I will admit, I felt the suggested plot devices were predictable and overdone and
completely lacking in the caliber we exepct from the X Files. To get Mulder and
Scully in bed on some flimsy pretext and then ignore or forget it ever happened
would be cheap and cheesy and I would be disgusted. The relationship isn't
about sex, it's about love, and getting a couple together into a relationship
DOES NOT necessarily have to mean that the relationship is no longer "hot".

For instance: Say Mulder and Scully *were* together, in a very subtle,
understated way that we only get hints of here and there, ala my suggestion,
and we get another phone conversation like the one at the beginning of "War
Of The Copraphages" complete with the "Scully, what are you wearing?" line.
Would this line have lacked any of the sexual tension just because we know
Mulder is going to make good on that goofy grin when he gets home? (Whew!
It's getting warm in my room as I think of it.) Personally, I think it would add
a new level of excitement and intrigue to the relationship, without resorting
to flimsy plot devices or taking over the show.

Kristel

Rufie710

Feb 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/18/97

In article <5e4t89$s...@dfw-ixnews3.ix.netcom.com>,
giz...@ix.netcom.com(Coleen Sullivan-Baier) wrote:

> AAHHHHHHH, I forget the characters NAMES!!!!! But remember
> "Hill Street Blues", the Daniel J. Travanti cop character lying oh, so
> sexily in bed, bare chested and talking, and the camera pans back, just
> a LITTLE, and this female body climbs on the bed, OVER him, talking
> softly...and it was the Victoria Hammell lawyer character, and we
> GASPED!!!...and their relationship was one of the hottest on TV, IMHO,
> and it sure didn't wreck THAT show...but what a shock.
>
> Can't you see it, like in "Revelations", Mulder reclined on the
> bed, pouting, and Scully just, no fan fare, climbs up and lays beside
> him, head on his chest, arm across him, comfort/comforting...and they
> talk ABOUT THE CASE, even argue...she rears back and gives him THAT
> LOOK, then snuggles back down, shaking her head and snickering......oh,
> god....I got it BAD!!!!!
>
> XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXgizzieXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
> ....beginning to realize that a recently outed 'shipper is like a
> recently reformed alcoholic, just CAN'T quit sharing the joy with
> others (quit retching, Lisa)

Yeah , And I cant wait for Squirell to call Moose "Pizza Man"

--
rufie710
"I tried Reality once, I found it too confining"

Ellen Agger/Sandy Hellard

Feb 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/19/97

Nah! I agree they are pretty hot stuff - both of them. But this is about
how they can be friends and love one another without sex. Not that sex is
a bad thing. But it is the predictable, obvious, expected conclusion. And
Mulder and Scully could not continue to work together effectively as
partners if they became involved romantically in real life. Their `love'
is represented as growing from respect, shared experiences, shared-goals
and friendship. That there is an attraction is obvious. But I think the
attraction and the speculation about what isn't but could maybe be is far
`hotter' than it would be if they actually started sleeping together. This
way there is always an edge and we get to speculate. I like it like this.

Sandy

KSJ

Feb 19, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/19/97

In article <sandelle-180...@news.interlog.com>, sand...@interlog.com (Ellen Agger/Sandy Hellard) wrote:

>Nah! I agree they are pretty hot stuff - both of them. But this is about
>how they can be friends and love one another without sex. Not that sex is
>a bad thing. But it is the predictable, obvious, expected conclusion. And
>Mulder and Scully could not continue to work together effectively as
>partners if they became involved romantically in real life. Their `love'
>is represented as growing from respect, shared experiences, shared-goals
>and friendship. That there is an attraction is obvious. But I think the
>attraction and the speculation about what isn't but could maybe be is far
>`hotter' than it would be if they actually started sleeping together. This
>way there is always an edge and we get to speculate. I like it like this.

First of all, why would they not be able to work together if they entered into
a romantic relationship? Contrary to opinion, the FBI does not have rules and
regs about partners getting involved. It may be frowned upon, but that is the
policy in 90% of the work places in America. there are no hard and fast
rules.

Why could they not work together as effectively? Do you think they will be
any more absorbed in each other than they are now? Personally, I don't think
that is humanly possible. Do you think they will let everything slide by the
wayside because they are involved? They haven't up till now, so where is the
basis for that determination. They have proven time and again that they are
able to separate their personal feelings from what needs to be done. Example:
Scully's insistance on going back to work after her sister's death, and even
her ability to see that she could not go to her sister's bedside despite the
fact that every emotion within her screamed out to do it. To say that they
would be unable to separate their personal feelings for one another from their
work relationship is, I feel, without basis.

Nor would it give the Consortium the impetus they need to separate Mulder and
Scully, which is another popular myth, because anyone with half a brain within
the Consortium already REALIZES the depth of feeling between Mulder and Scully
whether they have acted upon it or not.

In most television shows, yes, I agree that getting them together would be the
obvious, predictable conclusion, but look at the numbers of shows out there
where getting characters together is nothing but a ploy to boost ratings. It
is handled in any number of predictable, flimsy ways, like the ones suggested
which I originally posted my response to. If you do it in a way which is
fresh, and unique, and handled with a degree of taste and sanity so rarely
found in most television shows, then it enters another class altogether. It
becomes some WAY beyond the pale of inane sitcoms and melodramas. It becomes
the standard for a new quality of material rarely seen to this point. It
becomes a statement in the ocean of pulp and noise so prevalent on television
today.

I understand that you might not *want* to see the relationship, and respect
that if it is your opinion, however, I felt your rationale were poorly
supported.

Kristel

BEcky

Feb 23, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/23/97

Right on Kristel!!!

-BEcky

Arieldee

Feb 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/28/97

proved once and for all that they love each other. They don't even
need to find out. Or, it could be Mulder-or-Scully -in-a-drunken-daze
says "I love you" and the other says, ala Han Solo, "I know."?<<<<<<

God....I LOVE this image....!!!!!! My insides are melting (squidging) just
thinking about it!!!!! I'll give my vote on this one :)
Joy

Lorrie Rutter

Feb 28, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/28/97

I agree with you totally. They don't have to have them go to bed with
each other. All I want them to do is express their love for each other.

Lorrie

Erin Lytle

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

:
: God....I LOVE this image....!!!!!! My insides are melting (squidging) just
: thinking about it!!!!! I'll give my vote on this one :)
: Joy

"You like me because I'm spooky."

"I happen to like nice men."

"I'm a nice man."

"Noyou're not....[speech garbled with much squishy kissing =)]"

=P

Akane

Coleen Sullivan-Baier

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

In <5f8k86$pgr$1...@mark.ucdavis.edu> mi...@wheel.dcn.davis.ca.us (Erin
Lytle) writes:

>"You like me because I'm spooky."
>
>"I happen to like nice men."
>
>"I'm a nice man."
>

>"No you're not....[speech garbled with much squishy kissing =)]"

Take the kiss out of there, and replace it with "the look",
and this would be in contention with the CITC <DBL squidge!!!>

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXgizzieXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

BA'S (Born Again'Shipper, outed Feb 2, 1997, I BELIEVE!!!)

John J Martin

Mar 1, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/1/97

Here's my idea:
Skinner tells Mulder that Scully got shot. He rushes out telling
Skinner, "I have to go."
"But why? WHY???"
"Because I'm in love with her."

Cut to the ambulance, Mulder consoling Scully.
"Moooannn... ohhhh...."
"You're gonna be okay! I know you are!" sobbing hysterically.
"Mulder-- if I go away now, you're gonna have to carry on. You have to
know-- Ilove you!"
"I know...."

I think DD could pull off a pretty good Han Solo.
Or, they could both confide in Skinner, saying they love the other,
and that it's affecting their work. So Skinner knows, we know, but
they DON'T know. That's all I'm asking...

Ann

Kathie Lee says, "Faster, Cody wants a pony."
-- Craig Kilborn

John J Martin

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

Lorrie Rutter <rut...@ncr.disa.mil> wrote:
>I agree with you totally. They don't have to have them go to bed with
>each other. All I want them to do is express their love for each other.

>Lorrie
I don't care if neither of THEM knows the other loves them... Geez,
Scully, just tell your MOM!!! (she'd appreciate the bonding)

Roxy Ann Viguers-

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

I just think they (the writers) should play off the cancer scenario with
Scully. At the end of the season, they should have the healing alien [the
one who healed Mulder's mother] make Mulder choose between saving Sully or
finding his sister once and for all. Then Mulder will have to choose once
and for all what his feelings really are. Of course he will choose Sully.
Scully will continue the search for his sister. Mulder's sister will search
for Mulder. Thereby not losing the sister search.

John J Martin <rjma...@spectra.net> wrote in article
<5faaqp$s...@ns2.spectra.net>...

> Here's my idea:
> Skinner tells Mulder that Scully got shot. He rushes out telling
> Skinner, "I have to go."
> "But why? WHY???"
> "Because I'm in love with her."
>
> Cut to the ambulance, Mulder consoling Scully.
> "Moooannn... ohhhh...."
> "You're gonna be okay! I know you are!" sobbing hysterically.
> "Mulder-- if I go away now, you're gonna have to carry on. You have to
> know-- Ilove you!"
> "I know...."
>
> I think DD could pull off a pretty good Han Solo.
> Or, they could both confide in Skinner, saying they love the other,
> and that it's affecting their work. So Skinner knows, we know, but
> they DON'T know. That's all I'm asking...

Piper Maru

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

On Sun, 2 Mar 1997, John J Martin wrote:

> Lorrie Rutter <rut...@ncr.disa.mil> wrote:
> >I agree with you totally. They don't have to have them go to bed with
> >each other. All I want them to do is express their love for each other.
>
> >Lorrie
> I don't care if neither of THEM knows the other loves them... Geez,
> Scully, just tell your MOM!!! (she'd appreciate the bonding)
>

> Ann

Ann: I think this is a really good idea but here is what would make it
even better. Scully goes home to talk/confess to her mother. Little does
she know that Mulder is already there to speak with her mother about how
she is handling the cancer trauma. Well...Scully starts trying to tell
her mother about how much she loves Mulder, and how she has to tell
someone because she can't hold it inside working with him and all.
Scully's mother is basically trying to get her to shut up because she
knows that Mulder is in the house (bathroom or something) and might hear
her. And what do you know? He was outside the door and heard everything.
But instead of saying anything, he just takes off so that Scully won't
know he was in the house at the time. He leaves to try to comprehend what
he heard and hopefully there is a lot of smiles and UST from that point
on. Are you listening CC??? I could write that scene for you :) Yes I
am just a bit delusional but doncha love me?

X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

Sister Piper Maru
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
OBSSE

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/2210
Direct inquires to: pip...@geocities.com

Punk Maneuverability

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

Piper Maru <ez06...@peseta.ucdavis.edu> wrote:

>>Ann: I think this is a really good idea but here is what would make it
>>even better. Scully goes home to talk/confess to her mother. Little does
>>she know that Mulder is already there to speak with her mother about how
>>she is handling the cancer trauma. Well...Scully starts trying to tell
>>her mother about how much she loves Mulder, and how she has to tell
>>someone because she can't hold it inside working with him and all.
>>Scully's mother is basically trying to get her to shut up because she
>>knows that Mulder is in the house (bathroom or something) and might hear
>>her. And what do you know? He was outside the door and heard everything.
>>But instead of saying anything, he just takes off so that Scully won't
>>know he was in the house at the time. He leaves to try to comprehend what
>>he heard and hopefully there is a lot of smiles and UST from that point
>>on. Are you listening CC??? I could write that scene for you :) Yes I
>>am just a bit delusional but doncha love me?

>>X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X

>>Sister Piper Maru
>>Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
>>OBSSE

Delusional? No.
Brilliant? Yes.

Can you *imagine* the amout of UST Mulder would be radiating after
that. . .yum.

That's what Fan-fic is for. . .and *you* have a great idea. If you
want to see this, write it yourself.

Or if you don't think you can, post this challenge to atxc. I'm sure
someone would take it up. Heck, I would :)

punk m
there's too much happiness in this here ng

--
I live in the Castle
-==--==--==--==--==--==-

Punk Maneuverability

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

"Roxy Ann Viguers-" <ra...@emh1.pa.net> wrote:

>>I just think they (the writers) should play off the cancer scenario with
>>Scully. At the end of the season, they should have the healing alien [the
>>one who healed Mulder's mother] make Mulder choose between saving Sully or
>>finding his sister once and for all. Then Mulder will have to choose once
>>and for all what his feelings really are. Of course he will choose Sully.
>>Scully will continue the search for his sister. Mulder's sister will search
>>for Mulder. Thereby not losing the sister search.

Wait, are you saying that Mulder choosing to save Scully will result
in *his* disappearence?

Or we could always have Mulder choosing between his Mother and Scully.
That would a little different because they're both right there. . .no
one knows where Sam is. And that'll get CSM involved . . . somehow. .

punk m.

Wien Huang

Mar 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/2/97

csm, ust,atxc...what does this all mean????

Lily

John J Martin

Mar 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/3/97

rma...@gladstone.uoregon.edu (Punk Maneuverability) wrote:
T from that point

>That's what Fan-fic is for. . .and *you* have a great idea. If you
>want to see this, write it yourself

NO-- we want it on the SHOW!

John J Martin

Mar 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/3/97

Brilliant! That way, ONE would know, and as long as mulder didn't
freak out, then we would know he loved her back... only I don't like
the idea of Scully being left clueless. Maybe it could happen the
other way around-- after all, he is sort of a closed up to himself
kinda guy. I love your idea just the way it is, though... just imagine
it....

ruta...@aol.com

Mar 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/3/97

In article <5fcrf2$7...@pith.uoregon.edu>, rma...@gladstone.uoregon.edu (Punk Maneuverability) writes:

>Or we could always have Mulder choosing between his Mother and Scully.
>That would a little different because they're both right there. . .no
>one knows where Sam is. And that'll get CSM involved . . . somehow. .

Nah, too easy. C'mon, which would YOU choose?

alanna, who does love HER mother (promise!)

~~~Alanna Baker, mba...@cs.trinity.edu......x'ed etc.~~~
Food Processors are Great!

Piper Maru

Mar 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/3/97

On Sun, 2 Mar 1997, Punk Maneuverability wrote:

> Piper Maru <ez06...@peseta.ucdavis.edu> wrote:
>

> >>Ann: I think this is a really good idea but here is what would make it
> >>even better. Scully goes home to talk/confess to her mother. Little does
> >>she know that Mulder is already there to speak with her mother about how
> >>she is handling the cancer trauma. Well...Scully starts trying to tell
> >>her mother about how much she loves Mulder, and how she has to tell
> >>someone because she can't hold it inside working with him and all.
> >>Scully's mother is basically trying to get her to shut up because she
> >>knows that Mulder is in the house (bathroom or something) and might hear
> >>her. And what do you know? He was outside the door and heard everything.
> >>But instead of saying anything, he just takes off so that Scully won't
> >>know he was in the house at the time. He leaves to try to comprehend what
> >>he heard and hopefully there is a lot of smiles and UST from that point
> >>on. Are you listening CC??? I could write that scene for you :) Yes I
> >>am just a bit delusional but doncha love me?
>
> >>X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X
>
> >>Sister Piper Maru
> >>Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
> >>OBSSE
>
> >>http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/2210
> >>Direct inquires to: pip...@geocities.com
>
> Delusional? No.
> Brilliant? Yes.

Ha ha ha, you flatter me beyond belief, but I am no author. My thoughts
could not possibly form anything coherent enough to resemble a story. I
will leave that to the balanced ones here. :) But thanks for your
complement either way and you or anyone else has my whole hearted
permission to run away with the idea.

> > Can you *imagine* the amout of UST Mulder would be radiating after
> that. . .yum.

Exactly...he would be like a walking light bulb and Scully would have no
idea!!

> That's what Fan-fic is for. . .and *you* have a great idea. If you

> want to see this, write it yourself.
>
> Or if you don't think you can, post this challenge to atxc. I'm sure
> someone would take it up. Heck, I would :)
>
> punk m
> there's too much happiness in this here ng

Hey I will take all the happiness you guys can dish out!

laura capozzola

Mar 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/3/97

Punk Maneuverability wrote:

> Piper Maru <ez06...@peseta.ucdavis.edu> wrote:
>
> >>Ann: I think this is a really good idea but here is what would make it
> >>even better. Scully goes home to talk/confess to her mother.

No, no...Scully is a mature woman. A mature woman doesn't discuss
her love life with her mother, she talks to her friends.

Oh, wait a minute...Scully doesn't have any female friends.

New Thread: Get Scully Some Friends W/out Ruining Show!!!

-Laura-
#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#
"The truth, the truth.....there is no truth.
These men just make it up as they go along."

- Alex Krycek (Tunguska) -
#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#

Punk Maneuverability

Mar 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/4/97

laura capozzola <laur...@erols.com> wrote:

>No, no...Scully is a mature woman. A mature woman doesn't discuss
>her love life with her mother, she talks to her friends.

>Oh, wait a minute...Scully doesn't have any female friends.

>New Thread: Get Scully Some Friends W/out Ruining Show!!!

>-Laura-
>#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#
>"The truth, the truth.....there is no truth.
> These men just make it up as they go along."

> - Alex Krycek (Tunguska) -
>#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#

Ah, Ha!

Imagine it. . .Scully picks up some friends from. . .eh, the women's
bathroom and they all go out to bars and talk about their hair and
then she introduces them to Mulder and they all fawn over him, and
Scully gets angry because he's flirting with them and one of them says
something like, "Well, if *you* don't want him. . .*I'm* sure I could
find some uses for him." So Scully has to dump her friends and get
new ones, male ones who won't drool on her partner, but turns out she
picked *them* up from the wrong part of town for this to work. . .so
in the end, Scully just can't win.

punk m
who's not sure if she meant any of this or not,
but apologizes for that long run-on sentence masquerading as a
paragraph. . .

--
I live in the Castle
-==--==--==--==--==--==-
Poet laureate of X-Ville
Patron Saint of Puffy's Jukebox
Triangler in X-Ville: The Musical

Inventor of "Die! Sig! Die!"

SUSAN LYNNE MALLET

Mar 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/4/97

[snip] Or, it could be Mulder-or-Scully -in-a-drunken-daze >says "I love

you" and the other says, ala Han Solo, "I know."?<<<<<< >

*****
I've been reading the fanfic ideas in Gossamer to see how people
have imagined their getting together. I tend to go for the category
called romance/humor, because that's just the way I am.

So far, I haven't seen this idea done in a way that works with the
characters that I've seen on the show, so far. (That does not mean that
I've thought the writing was no good or anything like that...)

I've noticed that both men and women fanfic writers want Mulder to
tickle Scully, get her to laugh; I can understand the urge.

I can *sort of* see the Han Solo thing up there at the top of the
message... kind of.

I've tried to picture some sort of analogous couple to point to
the way this writer suggested the Han Solo thing, and I've only been able
to come up with Hepburn and Tracy (in real life). They never married each
other, didn't flaunt the relationship in front of his estranged wife, kept
it private. They seemed to have had a great deal of respect for one
another. I imagine it was based as much on intellect as on passion.

This is not a perfect analogy for me, but it's the closest I've
been able to get so far.

I definitely would not want any scenes that looked like something
out of a romance novel (and some of the fanfic looks like that). I don't
think they would do a lot of talking about the relationship itself; I
think they would just live it.

I actually get sort of brother-sister vibes (to use a little 60's
slang) from them. I'm not saying that their whole relationship is this
way, but if they did get beyond "fucking with their eyeballs," as Gizzie
put it, I think that vibe should remain, or it would ruin it for me.

Just a few thoughts...

John J Martin

Mar 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/4/97

laura capozzola <laur...@erols.com> wrote:

>No, no...Scully is a mature woman. A mature woman doesn't discuss
>her love life with her mother, she talks to her friends.

She might, though, if she was trying to talk to her more. Mrs Scully
seemed really upset about it. So, Scully goes to visit her mom and
they get talking about Mulder and the subject comes up while M is
coming in, looking for Scully 'cause her mom is possessed.

Roxy Ann Viguers-

Mar 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/4/97

No, I did not mean that M. would disappear. Only that he would no longer be
actively looking for his sister. Thereby, S. would have to actively take
over the quest on his behalf. As for M's sister looking for him, that's
just an option to get the sister scenerario active.

Punk Maneuverability <rma...@gladstone.uoregon.edu> wrote in article
<5fcrf2$7...@pith.uoregon.edu>...

> "Roxy Ann Viguers-" <ra...@emh1.pa.net> wrote:
>
> >>I just think they (the writers) should play off the cancer scenario
with
> >>Scully. At the end of the season, they should have the healing alien
[the
> >>one who healed Mulder's mother] make Mulder choose between saving Sully
or
> >>finding his sister once and for all. Then Mulder will have to choose
once
> >>and for all what his feelings really are. Of course he will choose
Sully.
> >>Scully will continue the search for his sister. Mulder's sister will
search
> >>for Mulder. Thereby not losing the sister search.
>
> Wait, are you saying that Mulder choosing to save Scully will result
> in *his* disappearence?
>

> Or we could always have Mulder choosing between his Mother and Scully.
> That would a little different because they're both right there. . .no
> one knows where Sam is. And that'll get CSM involved . . . somehow. .
>

> punk m.

> --
> I live in the Castle
> -==--==--==--==--==--==-
> Poet laureate of X-Ville
> Patron Saint of Puffy's Jukebox
> Triangler in X-Ville: The Musical

Poisel Sarah

Mar 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/4/97

How about having a show where confusion is mixed with reality kind of like a
dream sequence where they MAY have admitted their feelings for one another but
aren't sure so they just go on with life not really knowing if it happened or
not in reality, and don't mention the experience with each other because they
aren't sure it happened and don't want to look stupid. It doesn't even have
to be admitting their desire for each other, just that they love each other
TOO deeply maybe to turn their relationship into more than what it is and risk
losing their closeness. And risk the quality of the show.

laura capozzola

Mar 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/4/97

Punk Maneuverability wrote:

> laura capozzola <laur...@erols.com> wrote:
>
> >No, no...Scully is a mature woman. A mature woman doesn't discuss
> >her love life with her mother, she talks to her friends.
>
> >Oh, wait a minute...Scully doesn't have any female friends.
>
> >New Thread: Get Scully Some Friends W/out Ruining Show!!!
>
> >-Laura-
> >#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#
> >"The truth, the truth.....there is no truth.
> > These men just make it up as they go along."
>
> > - Alex Krycek (Tunguska) -
> >#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#***#
>
> Ah, Ha!
>
> Imagine it. . .Scully picks up some friends from. . .eh, the women's
> bathroom and they all go out to bars and talk about their hair and
> then she introduces them to Mulder and they all fawn over him, and
> Scully gets angry because he's flirting with them and one of them says
> something like, "Well, if *you* don't want him. . .*I'm* sure I could
> find some uses for him." So Scully has to dump her friends and get
> new ones, male ones who won't drool on her partner, but turns out she
> picked *them* up from the wrong part of town for this to work. . .so
> in the end, Scully just can't win.
>
> punk m

LOL!!! I think that would take us through Season 5.

John J Martin

Mar 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/5/97

How about this-- they pick up some guy for whatever crime he did and
the guy is watching everything really carefully. He's really
observant, remembers every little detail about what M and S are
questioning him about. He's really smart. So Scully leaves
impatiently, like she always does, and the guy leans over and says,
"She's in love with you." And Mulder's trying to keep questioning the
guy and he's just like, "She is-- I can see it in her eyes. I can see
it in yours, too. YOu think she doesn't need you, don't you?.... You
need her just as much..."
So Mulder not only thinks S is in love with HIM, he finally starts to
realize HE'S in love with HER.

Janice L. Dixon

Mar 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/7/97

This string deserves some sort of award for longevity.
--
The stars eat your body, and the wind makes you cold.
L. Cohen

Carolin

Mar 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/7/97

I have a feeling that string will be around either a) as long as the show
is around
b) until they get together
or
c) until every shipper on planet earth is abducted and their existence
denied by the gov't.

:)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"When we are grown we'll smile and say we had no cares in childhood's day-
But we'll be wrong... 'Twill not be true. I've this much care... I care
for you." --Unknown

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

KSJ

Mar 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/8/97

In article <5fqo78$h...@lana.zippo.com>, Jessica wrote:

>Do we really want them to get together, guys? I mean, come on. I love
>the UST, it makes my heart melt. And can't we keep it like this?
>If you have to see it, maybe the guys should try something like this:
>a) They do it while under a magic force, then both forget everything.
>b) Some sort of syzygy thing happens, and they are able to go past it,
>and never refer to it again.
>c) Or how about it happens in a mythology ep? Anything that happens
>in one of these is ignored in the next one anyway ;-)
>We know they want to, but we also know it would ruin the best show on
>TV.
>From the 15 year old who says "If I'm living a life of celibacy, then they
> bloody
>well can, too!"
>Jess

First of all, if you are 15, you bloody well SHOULD be celibate...but things
change a little by the time you reach 30 something.

Secondly, I ask again, if them being in an involved romantic relationship were
handled correctly, why must if lose the excitement of the UST.

Example: The phone conversation from War Of The Copraphages, or something
like it...Mulder is off on his own, and our first thought is "Where is Scully?
Shouldn't she be with him if he's on vacation?"

They connect by phone and you realize that these two are SO absorbed in each
other that they can't go an afternoon or evening without making contact, even
if it is to discuss business or the anti-Darwinian possibility of life on
another planet. Then, it comes:

"Scully, what are you wearing?"

Now, truly, will that line make you melt less if you know that the moment
Mulder gets back to Washington, he will be heading straight to Scully's place
to find out first hand what she's wearing, even if we don't see it, and to
know that he will no doubt be the engineer of its removal?

Golly, I got tingles at the thought.

We Shippers are not so desperate to see Mulder and Scully hit the sack (though
the prospect of DD-flesh in such a scene is a luring one) that we will settle
for some senseless, artless, trite plot device designed to get them into bed
together for an isolated instant and then allow them to act as though it never
happened. That's the cheaters' way out, and I personally want no part of it.
First of all, if people get into a lather at the idea of a mature,
responsible, loving RELATIONSHIP taking over the show, what the hell will an
episode focused on the fact that some strange cosmic force coerced them into
bed against their wishes/better judgement do? Wanna talk about the situation
controlling the show? You KNOW that something that momentous would take up
the vast majority of the episode it occurred in, and would probably affect
character interaction for many episodes to come (can we say The Rift: Part
Deux?). Secondly, Mulder and Scully are about SO MUCH MORE!!! To take all
that wonderous intimacy and caring and reduce it to a five minute scene full
of raging hormones would be a terrible, terrible waste.

Me, I want the whole she-bang. Gratuitous though it might be, I don't care if
I never see them in bed together, so long as I can see the fact that the depth
of love and devotion lingering between them has been acknowledged, in the
soft, subtle hints that make what we know as UST so wildly exciting. I want
to see it lingering on the edges, the solitary, hopeful ray of light into the
dark, frightening world Mulder and Scully must face day by day, the knowledge
that in a world where nothing is certain, where there are no guarantees, their
love and committment to each other is absolute and immutable.

Kristel

To join the X Files Relationshipper's Mailing List
send an email to majo...@chaos.taylored.com with
the contents:

SUBSCRIBE XF-ROMANTICS
END

John J Martin

Mar 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/11/97

kjo...@SpiritOne.com (KSJ) wrote:

>In article <5fqo78$h...@lana.zippo.com>, Jessica wrote:

>>Do we really want them to get together, guys? I mean, come on. I love
>>the UST, it makes my heart melt. And can't we keep it like this?
>>If you have to see it, maybe the guys should try something like this:

There would be TONS of UST all over the place if we heard Mulder
finally admit he loved Scully and Scully finally admits she loves
Mulder-- to themselves or a friend, NOT each other.

Ann

When everything is said and done, it all
comes down to . . . Kevin Bacon.

Punk Maneuverability

Mar 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/12/97

rjma...@spectra.net ("John J Martin") wrote:

>kjo...@SpiritOne.com (KSJ) wrote:

>>In article <5fqo78$h...@lana.zippo.com>, Jessica wrote:

>>>Do we really want them to get together, guys? I mean, come on. I love
>>>the UST, it makes my heart melt. And can't we keep it like this?
>>>If you have to see it, maybe the guys should try something like this:
>There would be TONS of UST all over the place if we heard Mulder
>finally admit he loved Scully and Scully finally admits she loves
>Mulder-- to themselves or a friend, NOT each other.

>Ann

I don't know. It all sounds kind of like elementary school. I can
see it now---Mulder sending Skinner across the playground to ask
Scully's mother if Scully likes Mulder. . .sound familiar? Then
Scully would have to kick Mulder in the shins because she likes him
but doesn't know how to tell him. And during lunchtime Mulder would
start sticking carrot sticks up his nose to get Scully's attention.

Once again my imagination has run away and taken me with it. . .this
all sounds too cute. Mulder and Scully in grade school together.
Hello, alternate universe, here I come!

punk m
I'm sure you can hear the gears turning. . . .

--
I live in the Castle
-==--==--==--==--==--==-

Inventor of "Die! Sig! Die!"

Marketing Genius and
Owner of Wetwired Ad Agency--

Ask Us How to be ON-TOPIC!
-==--==--==--==--==--==-

Coleen Sullivan-Baier

Mar 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/12/97

In <5g5eoo$l...@pith.uoregon.edu> rma...@gladstone.uoregon.edu (Punk
Maneuverability) writes:

>Once again my imagination has run away and taken me with it. . .this
>all sounds too cute. Mulder and Scully in grade school together.
>Hello, alternate universe, here I come!

ummmmm....there's a fanfic or two that actually covers
this.....

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXgizzieXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
(who reads so much fanfic, her library card expired)

John J Martin (really Ann)

Mar 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/13/97

rma...@gladstone.uoregon.edu (Punk Maneuverability) wrote:
>I don't know. It all sounds kind of like elementary school. I can
>see it now---Mulder sending Skinner across the playground to ask
>Scully's mother if Scully likes Mulder. . .sound familiar? Then
>Scully would have to kick Mulder in the shins because she likes him
>but doesn't know how to tell him. And during lunchtime Mulder would
>start sticking carrot sticks up his nose to get Scully's attention.

Her hair's too short too pull... but Scully can make fun of him for
believing in the "para-nor-mal, na-na-na-na-na." Only she'd have to
laugh.

What do you think SS WORE in grade school?

Ann

When everything is said and done, it all
comes down to . . . Kevin Bacon.

If you've seen the movie "The Lighthorsemen"
or you know anything about the actor Jon Blake,
please e-mail me.

Punk Maneuverability

Mar 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/14/97

rjma...@spectra.net ("John J Martin" (really Ann)) wrote:

>rma...@gladstone.uoregon.edu (Punk Maneuverability) wrote:
>>I don't know. It all sounds kind of like elementary school. I can
>>see it now---Mulder sending Skinner across the playground to ask
>>Scully's mother if Scully likes Mulder. . .sound familiar? Then
>>Scully would have to kick Mulder in the shins because she likes him
>>but doesn't know how to tell him. And during lunchtime Mulder would
>>start sticking carrot sticks up his nose to get Scully's attention.

>Her hair's too short too pull... but Scully can make fun of him for
>believing in the "para-nor-mal, na-na-na-na-na." Only she'd have to
>laugh.

Would he still believe in the paranormal? Sam wouldn't have been
abducted at that time. . .still, we *are* talking alternate reality
here.

>What do you think SS WORE in grade school?

White knee socks. Plaid wool pleated skirts that went past her knees.
Stiff white button-up blouses. With scratchy woolen navy blue
sweaters, or sweater-vests, over. Chunky brown shoes with laces or
buckles. Her hair was short and kind of curly.

or was that *me*?

>Ann

punk m
denying everything