Dark Nasal in: WRITING ON EMPTY

storml...@hotmail.com

Sep 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/20/98
( A SMALL, DARK ROOM. A COMPUTER SCREEN FLICKERS IN THE SHADOWS AS A SMALL
HUNCHED FIGURE SITS BEFORE IT, TWITCHING AND TAPPING ON A KEYBOARD. ON THE
DESK SITS A NAMEPLATE READING "NOTICE ME DAMMIT!")

Hm...let's see...I'll decapitate them...nah...I know! I'll decapitate Mulder
and have Scully catch his head! Tee hee...they'll love it!!

(SUDDENLY THE DOOR IS KICKED IN, AND TWO FIGURES ENTER, GUNS DRAWN)

SCULLY: FREEZE! FBI!

MULDER: And to YOU that stands for "fiction bereft of imagination", sister!

SCULLY: (peers at computer screen) Looks like we've caught the infamous Dark
Nasal in the act, Mulder! She's writing snuff fiction about us again.

MULDER: Oh, really. So what were you going to call your latest epic,
sweetheart - "On The Page Where They Died"?

NASAL: M-Mulder! Scully! Wh-Wha-What are you doing here?

MULDER: We're placing you under arrest for copyright infringement, abuse of
privilege and attempted character assassination.

SCULLY: You're also under suspicion for murdering the language.

NASAL: But - but you can't take me in! You're dead! Again! I just killed you!
(points to computer screen) See?

SCULLY: Those characters you write about aren't us.

NASAL: What? You - you mean they're...they're...imposters?

MULDER: Yes, sweetheart, we pulled the old switcheroo. And you write us so
out- of-character anyway you didn't even notice.

NASAL: You -you can't arrest me! I'm an artist!

SCULLY: (to MULDER): See? Delusional. She could be a case for a psychiatric
hospital, Mulder. Her profile said she's unable to have brainchildren of her
own, due to an inability to conceive.

MULDER: So a barren imagination gives her the right to steal and torture
someone else's characters? I don't think so.

NASAL: This can't be happening. You can't arrest me!

SCULLY: You should have kept your nose clean, Dark Nasal.

MULDER: Actually, she's been known to do that, Scully, demonstrating amazing
manual dexterity...and while we're on that subject, Nasal, I've seen your
fans. You sure can pick 'em.

NASAL: Listen! Anything I've done to you, Chris Carter's going to do to you
eventually!

SCULLY: I can only see that happening if he runs out of ideas. Apparently
you've already reached that point.

NASAL: You can't do this! I demand to see a lawyer!

MULDER: Ooh, look who's interested in legalities all of a sudden.

SCULLY: You'll get your lawyer, and a hearing before a judge.

MULDER: Actually, Scully, since we're the victims of this hack, I think we
should be the ones to sentence her, don't you?

SCULLY: Hm, interesting. And what sentence would that be?

MULDER: One of hers. (points to a line of text on the computer screen) Talk
about cruel and unusual punishment...

NASAL: NO!! NO!!! ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!!!!!

Sometimes, when discussing certain matters in this newsgroup, I've come to
feel like this is just one big Mad Tea Party, featuring one sane, solitary
Alice (yours truly) and certain readers and writers of fanfic who can only be
compared to the Dormouse in light of their apparent fondness for treacle. But
recent e-mail has reassured me that Alice has lots of company, and to those
supportive souls, the above sketch is so dedicated.

Hester
ex-party pooper - isn't this fun?

Fiona Haggart

Sep 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/20/98
Major snippage

> Sometimes, when discussing certain
matters in this newsgroup, I've come to
> feel like this is just one big Mad
Tea Party, featuring one sane, solitary
> Alice (yours truly) and certain
readers and writers of fanfic who can
only be
> compared to the Dormouse in light of
their apparent fondness for treacle.
But
> recent e-mail has reassured me that
Alice has lots of company, and to those
> supportive souls, the above sketch is
so dedicated.

> Hester
> ex-party pooper - isn't this fun?

Of course, you unfortunately choose to
disregard those, like myself, who do
nor write fiction and who read all
kinds, when you make the same kind of
'Me, me, me, I am the one true word!'
statement that you yourself so
cuttingly criticise.

Fiona
Who thinks that if people stop taking
themselves so seriously, some actual
fanfic might sneak back in here one
day...

DarkJewl

Sep 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/20/98

Please ignore this, guys- this is a petty post written in response to a
loooooong argument Hester was losing over at atxc. <sigh>

~DarkJewl~
@~~~~Quotes to Live by~~~~@
"You kept me honest. You made me a whole person. I owe you
everything..."-Mulder, XF:FTF.
"We're good together, you and I. Better than we are on our own." -Scully,
"Fate, Chance, Kings, and Desperate Men" by Karen Rasch.

storml...@hotmail.com

Sep 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/21/98
In article <19980920193254...@ng108.aol.com>,

dark...@aol.com (DarkJewl) wrote:

> Please ignore this, guys- this is a petty post written in response to a
> loooooong argument Hester was losing over at atxc. <sigh>
>
> ~DarkJewl~

And this is an immigrant from said ng who of course DESPISES censorship, as
you can see.

I did indeed post the piece here by mistake. It probably makes no sense to
folks here who know nothing of my argument with an author who tries to elicit
attention by writing shockfic in which she offs Mulder and Scully, or they
off each other, in excruciatingly gory detail. I objected to the use of Chris
Carter's characters in this way on grounds of taste and thought such
unauthorized misuse of his characters was a little disrespectful and perhaps
dangerous if and when Fox decided to go after fanfic sites the way they have
fan websites - it may give them provocation to try to shut the sites down,
thus depriving readers and writers of fanfic of a free and open forum. This
argument fell on deaf ears, whereupon I, as so many people foolishly do when
talking to the deaf, upped the volume level, which only made things worse.

I don't regret the piece. The way I see it, Dark Nascent has written two
pieces of snuff fiction in which she gleefully massacred Mulder and Scully
simply as titillation to readers who go for that garbage. I wrote a piece in
which Mulder and Scully got even. End of story.
Hester

> @~~~~Quotes to Live by~~~~@
> "You kept me honest. You made me a whole person. I owe you
> everything..."-Mulder, XF:FTF.
> "We're good together, you and I. Better than we are on our own." -Scully,
> "Fate, Chance, Kings, and Desperate Men" by Karen Rasch.

Pamela T. Pon

Sep 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/23/98
<storml...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>I did indeed post the piece here by mistake.

Hmmm. Kind of like you posted the "Mouse" article here by mistake? ;-)

Dejanews does allow users to *cancel* articles posted via its service,
does it not? In fact, you could probably do it right now.

And go back & cancel the misposted "Mickey Mouse" article as well.

Just a thought. ;-D

* Wednesday on DUE SOUTH: "Gift of the Wheelman" * 4 pm on TNT *

storml...@hotmail.com

Sep 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/24/98
In article <6ub5nv$ig9$1...@shell3.ba.best.com>,

I'd do it, Pamela, but it's too much of a pain in the *ss. I apologize for my
computer klutziness.

Hester
who would enjoy netsurfing a lot more if I didn't keep tripping over the
keyboard