Since You've Been Gone

1 view

laura capozzola

Dec 12, 2000, 5:50:34 PM12/12/00
Well since Kimba (trek across Canada and a new job) and Connie (ISP
newsgroup trouble) are both are rejoining us after being MIA since the
first S8 ep, here's a little summary about what's been going on here
on ATXF since Within first aired:

1. We have a prolific troll who cross posts to the Madonna newsgroup
and other places under assorted names and talks about a bunch of
supposedly famous people I never heard of making it not just a troll
but a terminally boring one at that. Sometimes this word "Benecio"
appears in the nameline of their posts. I don't know who or what that
is or I'd tell you. Many people took killfile lessons during this
trying period so it hasn't all been without merit. <snoooooooze>

2. The election caused some squabbles and some posters think as a
result, Dimpled Chad, should be either the next villain on The X-Files
or the name of their firstborn depending on whether they are pro-Gore,
pro-Bush or shippers who like dimples. Famous Floridian ATXF posters
experienced much anguish during these hard times and ad, who is not
from Florida, may or may not have said he wanted to hack those ballots
to pieces and scatter their bloody butterfly ballot carcasses all over
the country.

3. A couple of people made grand entrances to the newsgroup and then
were never heard from again. Some people made some academy award
winning exits and they're still posting.

4. We had an ep with a rape subcontext. You may have missed it as
did a few of us. Let's just say, if you are going to get a parasite
slug in your back that may or may not look like a wiggling penis,
don't be tied to the bed in a tight shirt or have a manly man cut it
out, shoot it and carry you from danger or 3 weeks later people will
still be talking about it. I refuse to name the episode in question
but Vince Gilligan, in his chat, said he didn't intend that.

5. Al posted a link to ATXF poster volume graphs on his website and
we were pretty impressed. Those of us who appeared on or near the top
of the volume count have vowed to get a life...as we have every other
year that this has happened. There were many notable names of
proletariat posters who rhyme with Dawn and are now in Louisiana (but
who shall remain nameless), who slipped drastically in the ranks
claiming, get this, they were too busy with schoolwork. Like none of
us were ever freshman? HA!

6. In the technical department: Alan informed us it was cheaper and
easier to torture David Duchovny (Within) than to do it with CGI so
naturally, we wanted to know if it was also cheaper and easier to toss
(Without) him off a cliff . Not only did Alan expertly respond to the
question but the Official X-Files website put up a nice little video
to show us exactly how it was done.

In other technical matters: We had a real policeman explain why
Skinner wears his gun in an unconventional manner and another poster
tell us that it's the best way to shoot somebody accidently. John
Doggett may or may not wear his watch on his right or left wrist
because he may or may not be a lefty but RP does it in all his movies,
too, as do some right handed ATXFers who may or may not be loopy.
Also, John Doggett may or may not wear more sleeping attire than he
should in an ep we haven't even seen yet but some of us (okay, maybe
just me) feel very strongly that less is best. We have also verified
that sleeve rolling up and hands in suit pocket is a Robert Patrick
manly thing, not just a John Doggett manly thing, and 99.9% of us
approve with the .1% disapprovals being the people who generally think
character hair is the more important issue.

7. One poster, who is not TomBli and who apparently doesn't like
white space, posted a long diatribe on why an ep was no good and then
told us he/she (one of those genderless characters) never even saw the
ep but was forming an opinion from website spoilers, scripts and
transcripts. This caused many of us not to just pooh-pooh the
poster's ep opinion but to conclude that the poster was a big bag of
wind who would probably be better off posting to the big bag of wind
newsgroup.

8. Dire pre-season predictions that The X-Files would sink like a man
with cement overshoes without Duchovny proved to be false as the
ratings proved that generally Everyone Who Counts in TVland is still
solidly behind the show. Those who are older and younger than
Everyone Who Counts continue to take exception to this unfair
demographic categorization and have vowed to lie about their age if
they ever get a Neilsen box, risking a possible future career in
showbiz numbers counting if they get caught. Some, however, are
secretly relieved that they don't seem to have to lie about their sex
anymore as being a *male* 18-49 is only whispered about in darkly lit
backrooms of network headquarters between sexist executives and sexist
advertisers.

9. Scully's pregnancy has been somewhat of a topic here with those
who think she should be bigger than a football field by now and those
who think she's just sucking it up. Some take great exception to
Action!Scully thinking she should be a little more country than rock
and roll in her delicate condition. Others, however, refute this
position pointing out the often cited "babies who drop out of third
world country women who work in the fields" and who just scoop them
up, put 'em in a basket and keep picking those beans. Others, not to
be outdone, point out that Little Damien Mulder is probably an alien,
anyway, so what's the harm. Then there are some poor shippers,
grasping at straws so far this season, who are sure Scully, Mulder and
Little Damien will ride off into the sunset to some new Moby music
during May sweeps and are aghast that Scully is getting ballsy now
when the little mother-to-be should be weeping nightly over her
missing man and you know, taking those big honkin' vitamins in
anticipation of Mulder's return.

10. Some people are so deep into spoilers that they're already
wringing their hands over Season 10.

11. It seems the deeper we get into Season 8, the more ATXFers and
critics who are coming around to it with some (not just me, either)
totally gushing about how good the eps have been and how they either
love Doggett, miss Mulder less than they thought they would or
grudgingly admit it *is* the stories, dammit! Those who are not those
people still continue to think Chris Carter is Lucifer and have gone
underground and practice their ungodly rituals mostly in other
forums. I'm thinking they will pounce on our mortal souls in
February.

12. Oh yeah. Doggett and Scully share office space in Mulder's old
office now. Scully made a kindly gesture in Patience. Doggett
appreciated it. Mulderists frothed at the mouth and started pulling
their hair out in really big clumps. Some think it was the subtext
that Mulder was a big selfish jerk for not extending the same
invitation to Scully years ago. Others thought Scully was a heartless
bitch in an obviously hormoned induced state of mind for extending a
professional courtesy. Still others, stepping back from the
emotionally charged issue elected to argue their point from a space
engineering perspective. And then there were those of us who just
knew that during the commercial that Scully and Doggett were having
hot monkey sex on Mulder's desk.

That about sums it up. I've painted you a picture and put it in a
frame. Any questions? ;-D

Laura
##***************************##************************##
Visit: "All Things Chris Carter" updated 12/07/2000
http://users.erols.com/lauracap/index.html

"The truth is that when you 'trust no one' there is a
tremendous amount of hope that you can trust someone."
Chris Carter - 1996
##***************************##************************##

mox.f...@fib.gob.invalid

Dec 12, 2000, 6:12:40 PM12/12/00
On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:50:34 -0500, laura capozzola <laur...@erols.com> wrote:
[...]

> 1. We have a prolific troll who cross posts to the Madonna newsgroup

And should be reported by as many people as possible until s/h/it loses
its account.

[...]

> 4. We had an ep with a rape subcontext. You may have missed it as

You're reading too much into it.

[...]

> but Vince Gilligan, in his chat, said he didn't intend that.

He also said "I think Scully is extremely smart in that episode." And
"However--and I know a lot of you won't want to hear this--as a WRITER, I
love the character of Agent Doggett." Emphasis on "I know a lot of you
won't want to hear this." And "Again, I know a lot of you don't want to
hear that, but I don't think that has to take away from Mulder." And "I
know many of you are nervous about the direction things SEEM to be
taking..."

> 5. Al posted a link to ATXF poster volume graphs on his website and
> we were pretty impressed. Those of us who appeared on or near the top
> of the volume count have vowed to get a life...as we have every other
> year that this has happened. There were many notable names of

[...]

> 8. Dire pre-season predictions that The X-Files would sink like a man
> with cement overshoes without Duchovny proved to be false as the
> ratings proved that generally Everyone Who Counts in TVland is still

The ratings may be sinking slowly, but the show sank like a rock. Besides,
XXXXXXgizzieXXXXXX confirmed that those ratings are completely
meaningless.

[...]

> 11. It seems the deeper we get into Season 8, the more ATXFers and
> critics who are coming around to it with some (not just me, either)
> totally gushing about how good the eps have been and how they either
> love Doggett, miss Mulder less than they thought they would or
> grudgingly admit it *is* the stories, dammit! Those who are not those

Wishful thinking.

> people still continue to think Chris Carter is Lucifer and have gone
> underground and practice their ungodly rituals mostly in other
> forums. I'm thinking they will pounce on our mortal souls in
> February.

I'm still around.

> 12. Oh yeah. Doggett and Scully share office space in Mulder's old
> office now. Scully made a kindly gesture in Patience. Doggett
> appreciated it. Mulderists frothed at the mouth and started pulling

Just say it. They had wild sex on Mulder's desk.

[...]

> engineering perspective. And then there were those of us who just
> knew that during the commercial that Scully and Doggett were having
> hot monkey sex on Mulder's desk.

See? I knew you knew.

> That about sums it up. I've painted you a picture and put it in a
> frame. Any questions? ;-D

What would Mulder do if he was here today?

Al Ruffinelli <alv...@accesscom.com>
http://www.turning-pages.com/xf/ X-Files
http://www.turning-pages.com/xf101/ X-Files 101

Caffeine Cal

Dec 12, 2000, 6:15:50 PM12/12/00

mox.f...@fib.gob.invalid wrote in message ...

>On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:50:34 -0500, laura capozzola <laur...@erols.com>
wrote:
>>Any questions? ;-D
>
>What would Mulder do if he was here today?

He would kick an ass or two!
That's what Agent Mulder'd do.

Caroline
NRMTPB (YiC)
SpoilerWhore... and then some!
"You are the rightest." - ad
"Yes I bloody am!" - me

Archie

Dec 12, 2000, 6:15:49 PM12/12/00

"laura capozzola" <laur...@erols.com> wrote in message

> Well since Kimba (trek across Canada and a new job) and Connie (ISP
> newsgroup trouble) are both are rejoining us after being MIA since the
> first S8 ep

Welcome back Kimba and Connie!

> 4. We had an ep with a rape subcontext. You may have missed it as
> did a few of us. Let's just say, if you are going to get a parasite
> slug in your back that may or may not look like a wiggling penis,

OMG. This is the funniest thing I've heard in a while! "Wiggling penis."
Maybe that's what M&S should call their kid.

> 5. Al posted a link to ATXF poster volume graphs on his website and
> we were pretty impressed. Those of us who appeared on or near the top
> of the volume count have vowed to get a life...as we have every other
> year that this has happened. There were many notable names of
> proletariat posters who rhyme with Dawn and are now in Louisiana (but
> who shall remain nameless), who slipped drastically in the ranks
> claiming, get this, they were too busy with schoolwork. Like none of
> us were ever freshman? HA!

I miss Sean. I expected him to come by after the rape subtext episode (RSE)
and share some delightful insights. :-( On the flipside, I'm #45!

> 7. One poster, who is not TomBli and who apparently doesn't like
> white space, posted a long diatribe on why an ep was no good and then
> told us he/she (one of those genderless characters) never even saw the
> ep but was forming an opinion from website spoilers, scripts and
> transcripts. This caused many of us not to just pooh-pooh the
> poster's ep opinion but to conclude that the poster was a big bag of
> wind who would probably be better off posting to the big bag of wind
> newsgroup.

There's a big bag of wind newsgroup???

> 8. Dire pre-season predictions that The X-Files would sink like a man
> with cement overshoes without Duchovny proved to be false as the
> ratings proved that generally Everyone Who Counts in TVland is still
> solidly behind the show. Those who are older and younger than
> Everyone Who Counts continue to take exception to this unfair
> demographic categorization and have vowed to lie about their age if
> they ever get a Neilsen box, risking a possible future career in
> showbiz numbers counting if they get caught. Some, however, are
> secretly relieved that they don't seem to have to lie about their sex
> anymore as being a *male* 18-49 is only whispered about in darkly lit
> backrooms of network headquarters between sexist executives and sexist
> advertisers.

Wait a minute... *I'm* a male 18-49! Score!

Others, not to
> be outdone, point out that Little Damien Mulder is probably an alien,
> anyway, so what's the harm.

You forget that the kid's also gay.

> 10. Some people are so deep into spoilers that they're already
> wringing their hands over Season 10.

Which is why you should stay spoiler-free. Instead of being frustrated all
season long, just be frustrated on Sunday at 10 p.m. Honestly, I don't know
what you spoilerwhores out there get out of taking the fun out of watching a
show! ;-P

> 11. Those who are not those

> people still continue to think Chris Carter is Lucifer and have gone
> underground and practice their ungodly rituals mostly in other
> forums. I'm thinking they will pounce on our mortal souls in
> February.

And about how CC will probably screw up Moldy's return. I swear, he needs
to be in red speedos to appease the Mulderites out there.

> 12. And then there were those of us who just

> knew that during the commercial that Scully and Doggett were having
> hot monkey sex on Mulder's desk.

I bow to you, Laura. "Wriggling penis" and "hot monkey sex" in one post!

--
Archie
WNS Prez

laura capozzola

Dec 12, 2000, 6:59:56 PM12/12/00
mox.f...@fib.gob.invalid wrote:

> What would Mulder do if he was here today?

Get his head drilled?

mox.f...@fib.gob.invalid

Dec 12, 2000, 6:45:14 PM12/12/00
On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 18:59:56 -0500, laura capozzola <laur...@erols.com> wrote:
> mox.f...@fib.gob.invalid wrote:

>> What would Mulder do if he was here today?

> Get his head drilled?

Besides that.

Alan Hurshman

Dec 12, 2000, 7:19:27 PM12/12/00
"laura capozzola" <laur...@erols.com> wrote in
> That about sums it up. I've painted you a picture and put it in a
> frame. Any questions? ;-D

You seem to have left out one point:

(13) A certain poster, whose initials could well be LC,
has tracked down just about every movie Robert Patrick
has been in. Extensive reviews of each and every nude
scene were provided to ATXF by said poster. We now
know that RP is damn manly and knows how to shoot
in the buff.

--
Alan Hurshman
Halifax, Nova Scotia

FEB, CCC, GABAL, #27
Order of the Holy Pup
CCynic #2

blue...@my-deja.com

Dec 12, 2000, 9:22:44 PM12/12/00
In article <3A36ABBA...@erols.com>,

laura capozzola <laur...@erols.com> wrote:
> Well since Kimba (trek across Canada and a new job) and Connie (ISP
> newsgroup trouble) are both are rejoining us after being MIA since the
> first S8 ep, here's a little summary about what's been going on here
> on ATXF since Within first aired:

> 4. We had an ep with a rape subcontext. You may have missed it as

> did a few of us. Let's just say, if you are going to get a parasite
> slug in your back that may or may not look like a wiggling penis,

^^^^^

> don't be tied to the bed in a tight shirt or have a manly man cut it
> out, shoot it and carry you from danger or 3 weeks later people will
> still be talking about it. I refuse to name the episode in question
> but Vince Gilligan, in his chat, said he didn't intend that.

> Laura

ALPP!!

TrueBlueStef
dejaslummin'

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

trajan

Dec 12, 2000, 11:10:20 PM12/12/00

laura capozzola wrote:

> Well since Kimba (trek across Canada and a new job) and Connie (ISP
> newsgroup trouble) are both are rejoining us after being MIA since the
> first S8 ep, here's a little summary about what's been going on here
> on ATXF since Within first aired:

Wow. If I ever need someone to summarize 40 pounds of clinical
trials, your my number 1 choice. Whew.

Trajan

VerlindaH

Dec 12, 2000, 11:39:52 PM12/12/00
>Subject: Re: Since You've Been Gone
>From: "Alan Hurshman" alanhu...@hfx.eastlink.ca
>Date: 12/12/00 18:19 Central Standard Time

>"laura capozzola" <laur...@erols.com> wrote in
>> That about sums it up. I've painted you a picture and put it in a
>> frame. Any questions? ;-D
>
>You seem to have left out one point:
>
>(13) A certain poster, whose initials could well be LC,
>has tracked down just about every movie Robert Patrick
>has been in. Extensive reviews of each and every nude
>scene were provided to ATXF by said poster. We now
>know that RP is damn manly and knows how to shoot
>in the buff.

With two guns, no less.

VerlindaH (pondering the Freudian implications)

laura capozzola

Dec 13, 2000, 6:05:23 PM12/13/00
Alan Hurshman wrote:
We now
> know that RP is damn manly and knows how to shoot
> in the buff.

Uh, "shoot in the buff" - he only did that in one movie I saw - Hong
Kong 97. You are talking about his gun, right?

Alan Hurshman

Dec 13, 2000, 6:40:19 PM12/13/00

> Alan Hurshman wrote:
> We now
> > know that RP is damn manly and knows how to shoot
> > in the buff.
> Uh, "shoot in the buff" - he only did that in one movie I saw - Hong
> Kong 97. You are talking about his gun, right?

Hey, I'm basing my reports exclusively on your reviews.
It's not like I've actually watched them. I don't have to
have seen something to have an opinion, do I??? ;-P

Kim

Dec 19, 2000, 10:01:13 AM12/19/00
>mox.f...@fib.gob.invalid wrote:
>
>> What would Mulder do if he was here today?
>
>Get his head drilled?
>
>Laura

Laura is the rightest.

IAWTP.

Kim
Journ...@aol.com
http://journeytox.simplenet.com

"I'm in your hands." Skinner, The X-Files, SR819

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." Rudyard Kipling