Anti-Shipper Paranoia

mercu...@hotmail.com

Feb 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/28/98

The reason you anti-shippers are always bringing up "Moonlighting" is because
that is precisely what you want to see between M&S.

The relationship on "Moonlighting" has absolutely no similarities to that
between M&S, and yet you people seem to be obsessed with it. In short,
methinks the anti-shippers doth protest too much.

It is clear that Mulder is not as experienced as Bruce Willis on
Moonlighting, so you can be sure that it will be Scully who will be slapping
and raping...

Rachael

Feb 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/28/98

mercu...@hotmail.com wrote:

> The reason you anti-shippers are always bringing up "Moonlighting" is because
> that is precisely what you want to see between M&S.
>

> <snipped old, overly debated post defending shippers>

And now the important part:

> http://www.dejanews.com/ Now offering spam-free web-based newsreading

I rest my case.

Rachael
--
...Feel free to snip my sig...
| <shameless plug> |

Circe

Feb 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM2/28/98

mercu...@hotmail.com wrote:

> The reason you anti-shippers are always bringing up "Moonlighting" is because
> that is precisely what you want to see between M&S.
>

> The relationship on "Moonlighting" has absolutely no similarities to that
> between M&S, and yet you people seem to be obsessed with it. In short,
> methinks the anti-shippers doth protest too much.
>
> It is clear that Mulder is not as experienced as Bruce Willis on
> Moonlighting, so you can be sure that it will be Scully who will be slapping
> and raping...

Huh?

--
Circe
The Titanium Magnolia

SA DScully

Mar 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/7/98

Personally, I am not anti-shipper. I just don't happen to be one. The reason
why I am not a shipper is not because of Moon-lighting, which I used to enjoy,
I was 9, but, that's besides the point. The reason why I am not a shipper is
because given the close nature of Mulder and Scully's relationship, it is
impossible for me to turn every touch and smile and wink into a shipper moment.
People that are close, best friend's, are close, they do touch, they have
looks. Those looks don't always mean there's something more (I admit I can
explain the dance in PMP, so you shippers win that one). However, when Scully
was in the hospital dying, those touches aren't love. Not in the way you
shippers think. Don't get me wrong. Mulder and Scully do love each other.
They just don't love each other in the romantic shipper sense.
.
Jenniferelise

The Realm of Paranormality
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/6431

Michele

Mar 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/7/98

SA DScully a écrit dans le message
<19980307151...@ladder02.news.aol.com>...

>Personally, I am not anti-shipper. I just don't happen to be one.

AAAAAHHHHH so good to find someone who share my point of view !
On the UK newsgroup There was a thread called successivly " Ship Ship Ship"
then " Cheap Ship Trick " then " Sinking Ship" and "seaworthy Ship" where
I spent the last two months arguing with a convicted shipper. She said she
could understand people who were against a relationship , but she could not
understand people like me, who were not against it but just not conviced
that M&S were romantically in love.
She said it was impossible not to see it.

The reason why I am not a shipper is
>because given the close nature of Mulder and Scully's relationship, it is
>impossible for me to turn every touch and smile and wink into a shipper
moment.
> People that are close, best friend's, are close, they do touch, they have
>looks. Those looks don't always mean there's something more

You're my God !!! Can I use this argument in my next shipper fight ? PLEASE
?

(I admit I can
>explain the dance in PMP, so you shippers win that one).

Yeah....Lost that one too....

However, when Scully
>was in the hospital dying, those touches aren't love. Not in the way you
>shippers think.

HEY CAT ? I hope you are reading this after all the time we spent arguing on
this damn Redux scene !!!

Don't get me wrong. Mulder and Scully do love each other.
>They just don't love each other in the romantic shipper sense.

The voice of reason has spoken at last and I suddenly don't feel so lonely
stuck in the middle between Noromos and shippers....Thank you :-)

Michele.

=================There won't be any bride Mulder, not in this
story============

GravesPA2

Mar 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/7/98

<<The voice of reason has spoken at last and I suddenly don't feel so lonely
stuck in the middle between Noromos and shippers....Thank you :-)>>

You know, speaking from the shippy side of things, I know it's all perception.
LIFE is all perception. And what you see as friendship, others see as more.
And I'm not sure we'll ever have the definitive answer about whose perception
is the right one.

I think my biggest gripe about the whole Noromo/Shipper debate isn't who ends
up on what end of the perception spectrum---it's the disheartening tendency for
people on both sides of the issue to devolve into name calling rather than to
discuss the matter with respect and tolerance.

Who cares, in the long run, whether Jenniferelise was a noromo or Paula was a
shipper? I'd rather remember that we were all a part of a diverse,
entertaining and more or less intelligent community of XPhiles.

Paula G

Member of the Church of the Holy Partnership, Keeper of the Pusher Tape

Cat

Mar 8, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/8/98

Michele wrote...
>SA DScully a écrit ....

>>Personally, I am not anti-shipper. I just don't happen to be one.
>
>AAAAAHHHHH so good to find someone who share my point of view !
>On the UK newsgroup I spent the last two months arguing with a
>convicted shipper.

That would be me :-) Hiya Michele...

>> People that are close, best friend's, are close, they do touch...
>>Those looks don't always mean there's something more.
>>(I admit I can't explain the dance in PMP, so you shippers win that

>>one).
>
>Yeah....Lost that one too....

Never mind. You enjoyed watching it, didn't you? Own up :-)

> However, when Scully
>>was in the hospital dying, those touches aren't love. Not in the way
>>you shippers think.
>
>HEY CAT ? I hope you are reading this after all the time we spent
>arguing on this damn Redux scene !!!

We never did resolve that argument though. We're not going to. Even if
we do sit down together and watch and dissect it thoroughly next time
we're in the same city at the same time, we're going to disagree. As
Paula Graves so wisely replied, it's all perception. And as you know,
your and my perceptions of things tend to differ *just a tad*. As for

the "disheartening tendency for people on both sides of the issue to
devolve into name calling rather than to discuss the matter with respect

and tolerance", well yeah, we actually tend to enjoy insults over at
uk.media.tv.sf.x-files, but we know we're only kidding. I mean, who
could seriously call me "evil" or "impossible"??! ;-) Sweetness and
light, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

>Michele.

>=======There won't be any bride Mulder, not in this story==========

I liked the "pretty little thing waiting for the king" better, as far as
your tag lines go...

XXX Cat XXX

Michele

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

Another Shipper argument...

> >AAAAAHHHHH so good to find someone who share my point of view !
> >On the UK newsgroup I spent the last two months arguing with a
> >convicted shipper.
>
> That would be me :-) Hiya Michele...

Hey Cat ! Are we going to start a Ship Thread here as well ? Just for
fun ??? Come on girl ! Let's invade the new world !!!

> >> People that are close, best friend's, are close, they do touch...
> >>Those looks don't always mean there's something more.
> >>(I admit I can't explain the dance in PMP, so you shippers win that
> >>one).
> >
> >Yeah....Lost that one too....
>
> Never mind. You enjoyed watching it, didn't you? Own up :-)

< mumbling > 'kay...I admit I did...

Awww...don't kill my hopes please !

As
> Paula Graves so wisely replied, it's all perception. And as you know,
> your and my perceptions of things tend to differ *just a tad*.

Yup...merely a smidgeon...

As for
> the "disheartening tendency for people on both sides of the issue to
> devolve into name calling rather than to discuss the matter with respect
> and tolerance",

Er....I did not read that, is it a post on this thread I missed ?

well yeah, we actually tend to enjoy insults over at
> uk.media.tv.sf.x-files, but we know we're only kidding.

Yeah...jolly decent civilised people we are ( we won't mention anything
about chickenwire innuendos won't we ?)

I mean, who
> could seriously call me "evil" or "impossible"??! ;-)

Seriously ? < trying to put on a straight face > Er...ME ?

Sweetness and
> light, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Even if your version of the said story is as believable as a Shiban
script ;-)

> >Michele.
> >=======There won't be any bride Mulder, not in this story==========
>
> I liked the "pretty little thing waiting for the king" better, as far as
> your tag lines go...

I guess you would, a shameless shipper like you...:-)

AH ! Almost forgot. I would like you to rewatch Redux (again !) and tell
me what you think of the " Keep going FBI woman" scene. Scully's " What
are you doing in my bedroom" followed by a stern " I'm not kidding
Mulder " showed that she was less than thrilled to have him invade her
privacy like this. So shipper, whadayasay ???
Her one true love is in her bedroom and instead of whispering his name
in a surprised somewhat breathless but delighted way, she gets all
defensive and tells him off ???
I can't wait for your sensible explanation on this my dear...

Michele.

==========================Yadda Yadda
Yadda===========================================

Cat

Mar 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM3/9/98

Michele wrote:

>Hey Cat ! Are we going to start a Ship Thread here as well ? Just for
>fun ??? Come on girl ! Let's invade the new world !!!

This place is scary - and it takes a lot to scare me. Thousands of
posts, thousands of people, and real genuine flames, not just
Stu-being-Grumpy-type complaints. If we start posting 300-line
off-topic waffling here like we do in umtsx it'll piss people off.
<thinks> :-) OK, you're on!

<PMP>

>> Never mind. You enjoyed watching it, didn't you? Own up :-)
>
>< mumbling > 'kay...I admit I did...

Wa-hey, that makes, let me think, Dons 2, Forest 0.

<serious bit!>

>Er....I did not read that, is it a post on this thread I missed ?

Yeah, you must have done. Paula G, and worth repeating:

You know, speaking from the shippy side of things, I know it's all
perception. LIFE is all perception. And what you see as friendship,
others see as more. And I'm not sure we'll ever have the definitive
answer about whose perception is the right one.
I think my biggest gripe about the whole Noromo/Shipper debate isn't who

ends up on what end of the perception spectrum---it's the disheartening

tendency for people on both sides of the issue to devolve into name

calling rather than to discuss the matter with respect and tolerance.

Who cares, in the long run, whether Jenniferelise was a noromo or Paula
was a shipper? I'd rather remember that we were all a part of a
diverse, entertaining and more or less intelligent community of XPhiles.

>Yeah...jolly decent civilised people we are ( we won't mention anything

>about chickenwire innuendos won't we ?)

No, no, best not start with the chickenwire or chocolate sauce or
snails...

>> I mean, who could seriously call me "evil" or "impossible"??! ;-)
>
>Seriously ? < trying to put on a straight face > Er...ME ?

<failing equally miserably at the stiff-upper-lippery> Damn, foiled
again :-)

>AH ! Almost forgot. I would like you to rewatch Redux (again !)

Oh come on now, not the Spanish Inquisition again. Watch Redux? Fate
worse than death...I'd rather be suffocated in bubblewrap. With
chocolate sauce optional.

>and tell me what you think of the " Keep going FBI woman" scene.

>So shipper, whadayasay ???

>I can't wait for your sensible explanation on this my dear...

It was just a bit sudden. A shock, like, when he spoke. So naturally
she was pissed off - he made her jump. She calmed down pretty soon,
though - she wasn't annoyed he was *there*, she was annoyed he didn't
say so without scaring the life out of her. People get snappy when
they've just had a fright.

That do you?
XXX Cat XXX