Stories you never get tired of

kda...@bigfoot.com

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
I was just wondering about which stories you can read over and
over and not tire of them. The ones you save on your hard drive
or print out and place in a binder. So, which stories are like
that for you? And what is it about them that makes them so
re-readable?

~*~*~
Dahlak http://www.gypsymuse.com/nickNaK/xf
Babbling lunatic mooshball, but beware the not-bat'leth

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

jerry

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
<kda...@bigfoot.com> wrote in message

> I was just wondering about which stories you can read over and
> over and not tire of them. The ones you save on your hard drive
> or print out and place in a binder. So, which stories are like
> that for you? And what is it about them that makes them so
> re-readable?

The first story that came to mind:
In Absentia I, II, & III by Lisa "The Lud"
The tone of this story has always worked for me. Mulder and Scully,
separated through non-tragic means, finding they want to remain friends
and then finding that they want more. I love it.

The second story that came to mind:
"The Abyss Looks Back" by Kronos
This is the kind of story that I would like to see as the next XF movie.
Profiling!Mulder, Scientist!Scully, lots of Skinner, UST galore...

Also:
*Momentary Lapses - DashaK and Plausible Deniability
----for the perfect combination of humor and smut
*Any of Joann Humby's Mulder/Patterson stories
---you haven't read them? Get thou to Gossamer!
*Limpiar - Marguerite
----probably my favorite post-ep fic, partly because it salvaged what I
----thought was unsalvageable
*Platonic - Blueswirl
*A Show of Strength - Meredith
---my favorite post-col

How's that?

jerry

resurre

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
In article <7ps9bk$jkc$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

kda...@bigfoot.com wrote:
> I was just wondering about which stories you can read over and
> over and not tire of them. The ones you save on your hard drive
> or print out and place in a binder. So, which stories are like
> that for you? And what is it about them that makes them so
> re-readable?

Show of Strength by Meredith - first superb adult fanfic I ever read.
Great characterisation, fine story structure, interesting secondary
character. That and Vestigy got me into this whole mess. Speaking of
which...

Vestigy by Lisby - astonishingly inventive, unpredictable and
well-written. Don't necessarily agree with the turns the characters take
(although I love her Skinner) but Lisby makes me believe them.

Anything and everything by Jill Selby as her stories are, as I may have
mentioned, the absolute dog's bollocks <g>
But I particularly adore Ever After because of the tenderness M and S
show to each other. The ideal bottle ep. Someone show it to CC.

Tangible by Blueswirl - Again great structure, great characterisation.
(Bouquets also to Platonic for being intelligent smut)

Almost anything by LoneGunGuy who has the *best* ideas in the business.
Noone matches his inventiveness. The Tiger Complex was great and April
is the cruellest month is simply astonishing and utterly insane.

Dance Without Sleeping by Lydia Bower - If I must have NC-17 MSR, let it
be of this kind - not sentimental or easy, and written like a dream.

A Four Letter Word for Intercourse by Ambress - because it makes me
laugh.

Fugue and Acadia by RivkaT - because they take all the little fluffy
shipper bunny thoughts in my head and run over them with a combine
harvester; which, just sometimes, is a good thing ;-)

All The Children are Insane - black couch shagfic at its best with
splendid characterisation

And finally...

Iolokus by MustangSally and RivkaT - for the sheer Oh. My. God. of it;-)

And that's not even to mention splendid bodies of work by Karen Rasch,
Plausible Deniability, Terma99 and DashaK. And I'm still missing out
loads. I could go on all night.

K.

Hiljean83

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
>So, which stories are like
>that for you? And what is it about them that makes them so
>re-readable?

I adore Isahunter's "A Real Man" and "A Real Woman." It's just so UST-y, and I
love the imagery (Scully as a peach and a seashell) and the way it's written. I
like how they're both so electrified by each other and they don't know about
the other.
Another one is "Tonight I Was" by Brighid. The way it's written makes you think
something horrible has happened, and the end suprises you. I had to reread it
several times to understand, and every time I do I'm in awe.

The melodramatic

Pennyroyal Tea

"You look like a woman who appreciates the finer things in life. Come, feel my
velour bedspread."
--Zapp Brannigan, "Futurama"

Hiljean83

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
Crap! I forgot to say also anything by Scullysfan. The writing is very lyrical
to me.
Probably also "Chemistry" by Blackwood. Very lush and UST filled. There's
probably a truckload more that I can't remember now, and then I'll recall them
later (as is the way of the world!)

Manx14

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
Stories I've read many times:

"Every Mother's Child" by Jill Selby
"Grace Realized" by Michaela
I also like "My Angel Unaware" by Joylynn Wing, I think it is.

M.

Dasha K

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
Oooh! Fun!

Theory and Practice by Nascent, for a gripping case file and angst that never
loses its honesty.

A Show of Strength by Meredith, for writing that flows like a river, and a
fascinating and heart wrenching-plot.

The Carrot and the Stick and the Clockwatcher by Plausible Deniability, for a
Mulder who is so pathetically real.

The Actor/The Cry of the Truth/Winterlude by A.I. Irving, for a whole world I
can just sink into for days.

But Ourselves by Marguerite for a follow up to Tithonus that is so real it
hurts.

Vestigy by Lisby for sheer originality and a story that was in my dreams for
*weeks* afterwards.

And because I am lazy, I'll just say that there are pieces by Barbara D.,
haphazard method, PD, Jill Selby, Gwendolyn, Sally-n-Rivka,Sue Schramm,
Terma99, MD1016, Punk M., MCA, jordan and blueswirl that I re-read with
embarrassing frequency. <g>

Dasha K.

I wouldn't kick him outta bed for eatin' crackers...

http://dasha.simplenet.com

Frohicke

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
> I was just wondering about which stories you can read over and
> over and not tire of them. The ones you save on your hard drive
> or print out and place in a binder. So, which stories are like

> that for you? And what is it about them that makes them so
> re-readable?

The Carrot and The Stick by Plausible Deniability

A Hacker's Tale by Madeline Partous

Basketball Therapy by Kel

Not A Hallmark Kind of Guy by I forget :-(
~~They are all just so well written~~

Michelle

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
I never ever get tired of the Walking the Line series by XF-Stew. Believe
me, I have read them over and over again in ANTICIPATION of more tales of
Scully and Kaz. Ainsley.... XF.....are you two reading this?? :) Michelle

AmyJo

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
kda...@bigfoot.com wrote:

> I was just wondering about which stories you can read over and
> over and not tire of them. The ones you save on your hard drive
> or print out and place in a binder. So, which stories are like
> that for you? And what is it about them that makes them so
> re-readable?

Just warning that a good number of these stories are R or NC17:

"The Messenger" series by gizzie - The first installment was the
first XF fanfic that I had read and was what led me to find this
newsgroup way back when. I adore Gunmen and finding fic where
they are not only the main characters but are written intelligently
and not always for comic relief was a godsend.

"Not With a Whisper" by frogdoggie - XF story with a Frohike
characterization that *still* makes me cry. Not for the faint of
heart.

"Turnabout" series & the companion "Turnabout Detour" series by
Viridian5 - heartstoppers, each and every one of them. Her original
character, Bobby, is one of the best I've read. Just *reading* them
wears me out - I can not imagine what V goes through to create these
stories. And again, most definitely not for the faint of heart.

"But Ourselves" by Marguerite - someone else mentioned this on earlier.
I was reading this in DFW back in February and was getting so teary I
had to put it away to stop embarrassing myself. When you can get a
staunch nonshipper to cry over MSR, you've done good.

"Goober and The Czar" by DBKate - one of the funniest things that I've
read. The pool scene alone had me laughing so hard that I hurt myself.

"Iced Tea" by Plausible Deniability - just because. The Carrot and The
Stick & The Clock Watcher may have been the first two stories to be
posted but Iced Tea made me a fan.

"Dead For The Summer" by Laura Capozzola - try, just try, to get through
this without a giggle. I thought that this was a serious piece until I
got to the Lemon Pledge reference. Probably the best Mulder-is-dead?
story out there.

The "Out of . . ." series by Amanda Finch - she hooks you from the first
sentence and then you are committed to this series. The concept of
personal snipers *still* intrigues me.

"A Thoroughly Modern Kitchen" by Ashlea Ensro - absolutely f******
brilliant. Enough said. Go read.

"Priorities" by Anna Otto and the follow-ups - ditto the above.

AJ

Jintian Li

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
> I was just wondering about which stories you can read over and
> over and not tire of them. The ones you save on your hard drive

Gah, what a question. I could go on and on. And on. Sometimes I wonder
why the hell I don't just start an archive myself, I've got so many fics
saved. I've got one folder out of them all that's titled Carved in Stone,
but..there are so many others I have that I could never tire of!

So where to start...(and warning, the scenes and sections I pick out do not
mean that the rest of the stories come up short in comparison, it's just my
way of straightening things out in my head).....

What springs immediately to mind, and that's odd because I haven't looked at
it in a while, is Jordan's A Cold Angel Eye. Most of all because of that
one section, that Mulder introspection when he's driving in the car with
Scully asleep in the passenger seat. Just heartbreaking and beautiful and
so...*Mulder*.

RivkaT. I'm not sure why, but Scully pops out for me here. Scully's
thoughts in Fugue (especially the last part), the last section of Blood and
Breath with Mulder, parts of Folly with the Fragonard X-File, Acadia. Such
consistently masterful work.

If you say the former, you gotta say MustangSally. Not only for their
collaborations on Iolokus (which I reread as much for the writing as the
fascinating storylines) but also for solo work on Syntax and Measure, Logic
and Proportion, All the Children are Insane. So much energy, drive, phrases
I'd give an eye to be able to write.

Nascent (and by the way, is she pulling her stuff from the web or something?
It's disappearing.) Theory and Practice, of course, but what gets me every
time is the ending of Eye of the Beholder (you can tell endings get me).

Punk Maneuverability's Undone. Damn. It's just this little less than 15K
story, compared to the big ones I've listed above, but God, what a punch.

Joann Humby's A Loss of Control, because it hurts to read every time.

swikstr's HT part 4, The Law of Motion, and if you've read it then you know
*exactly* why....

And last but not least, because I'm running out of steam and wanting to
close this post and start rereading every single one of these.... The
Opposite of Impulse by Maria Nicole. Because like I told her, it reads like
it's the first MSR I've ever read, even though it's really one in a long,
LONG line of MSRs, and it does so every time.

Jintian

mabtng

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
My list (which is surely incomplete, but I'm doing this off the top of my head):

- "Erlona's Heart" by MD1016...I could read this 100 times and never get
tired of it. A real and meaty story with a M&S I recognize...and
wonderfully crafted secondary characters...and what an original plot!
Wow!

- "The Tempest" by Missy Pennington...adventure, romance, thrills...and
some fabulously memorable lines

- "Mediocrity's Allure" by Jill Selby. A wonderful and exciting ride with
Action!Scully at work.

- The "Dogged Determination" series by Rhondda Lake. I love this series
partly because I want a dog and can't own one where I live ; ) and partly
because it's one of the best crossovers on the net. Action, adventure,
strong characterizations...you name it.

- Most anything by Mary Ruth Kellar simply because she takes the time to
truly tell a story. Her attention to detail is incredible and always
makes for an intriguing read.

- Anything by Joyce McKibben...cause she has a uniquely dark way of
expressing things (and I like her take on Frohike)...

- "No Greater Love" by Karen Rasch ... again, because she takes the time
to tell the story. And this one builds to an amazing climactic
scene...I'll say no more....

- "End Of The Tunnel" by Nicole Mason...my guilty pleasure cause it's got
M&S in trouble and Skinner to the rescue ; )

- The "Magician" Series (oh forgive me for forgetting the authors'
names!)...I normally detest fantasy realm-type stories, but this one has
me hooked. Loving detail, characters I can actually *see,* excitement,
battles, romance...it's all in here!

My apologies to those I've neglected this time around!

MAB

AmyJo

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
mabtng wrote:

> - Anything by Joyce McKibben...cause she has a uniquely dark way of
> expressing things (and I like her take on Frohike)...

I don't know why I forgot Joyce the first time around. I *always* rec
"When Johnny Came Marching Home" when anyone asks for a Frohike story
(although technically it is a Frohike and Skinner friendship story).
To be followed by "The Tontine" and "Blowing in the Wind". There is
a fourth in the series done somewhat recently.

"When Johnny Came Marching Home" has the *best* explanation for the
Frohike gloves thing and possibly the first to suggest a prior
acquaintance between the Gunman and Skinner. My apologies to that
author if this is not true, but it was the first one that I found.

AJ

Alicia K.

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
You know, I was just in the mood for this kind of love-fest!

Hmm... (goes to binders in bookcase, digs frantically through them,
gives up) Too many!

"The Actor"/"Cry of the Truth" by A.I. Irving. I watched "Star Trek:
First Contact" yesterday and had to read "The Actor" again.

"Nightclub" series and "Frozen" by Dasha K. The Queen of all that is
Good and Smutful.

"Any Means Necessary" by Ophelia. I still say it's the best M&S
interaction I've ever read, hands down.

"Sledgehammer" by JC Roberts. Yowza, what a debut fic!

Anything by RivkaT, just because it pains me so to read it, especially
"Acadia" and "Fugue". I hurt for days after that one.

"Iolokus" because it hurt, but made me laugh uproariously, too.

Picture Homer Simpson doing his little hopping-on-one-foot-to-the-other
Dance of Impatience. That's me waiting for more of Michaela's "Unnatural
Disasters".

...and about five gazillion more that I'll remember as soon as I log
off.

I ain't the lotus,
Alicia K.

cofax

Aug 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/23/99
Never is a long time. These are stories I've read repeatedly,
however:

"Reach" by Khyber - the first MSR I read that I truly believed.

All of Punk Manueverability's stuff

Anything by Jesemie's Evil Twin, especially the three post-Biogenesis
stories.

"Pillar of Salt" by Nascent, which has the *best* explication of the
paradoxical relationship between M & S that I think I've ever seen.

"Acadia" by RivkaT, for its reminder that all is not happy in X-files
land.

Hmm - might be time to do a reread of "Iolokus"...

later-
cofax

--
"I am all for traditional unaided balance climbing; the artistry of
single finger holds and steady, delicate movements with flexed arms.

Harper

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
kda...@bigfoot.com wrote in message
<7ps9bk$jkc$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>...

>I was just wondering about which stories you can read over and
>over and not tire of them. The ones you save on your hard drive
>or print out and place in a binder. So, which stories are like
>that for you? And what is it about them that makes them so
>re-readable?

It's a good thing I save some of the fanfics, 'cause I'd never
remember them otherwise! I'll do some that are not normally
mentioned with these things, but I love them anyway.

First one which comes to mind: Susanne Barringer's
'Symphony.' When I feel like a read, I put on a classical
music radio station and... ah, it's bliss to read that writing
and get absorbed in it.

Also, Summer's 'Code'. Innovative and one of my favourite
post-Biogenesis fics. One of the best portrayals and
descriptions of Biogenesis!Mulder

'Rain falls softly' by Jen Taylor. Very short but very effective.

'A Lifetime's Worth of Daydreams' by Abernathy. Has one
of my favourite original (XF) characters. Anyone know if
it was continued passed the third part, "Elevator Dreams"?

'Cacophony' by Scullysfan. A really great spoonfic.

'Shipper School' by laura capozzola. I laugh just thinking
about that one. Comment on fic: *sigh* If only 1013 would
do that.

Anything that Barbara B.'s done (the girl's got talent); same
goes for JLB, Shawne and CazQ. All have written stuff that's
more than re-readable, well-written, and swimming with lovely
writing and sometimes even picks me up when I'm down.

'He that shewed him mercy' by Laura Sorensen. The start
of a compelling Spenderfic series.

"Love Against Evil" by Cerulean Blue and Pinkus. Satrically
LOL-worthy.

"N is for Natalie" by Heather Scotland. Iguanas rule! <g>

"Not Again" by Katherine. The twist gets me every time.

The "Slightly Mundane" series by Amanda Finch. Not fanfic,
but close enough for me and humourous enough to read more
than once, too.

'Think Before You Use *That* Title' by Jennifer Stoy and
FirePhile.
This is the funniest therapy ever.

That series of Marita fics by Nyneave. Ooh, just quality
characterisation all over.

'Remnants' by J. C. Sun. *sniffle* *sob* Everytime I read it.

Soap & Eggs by EPur. See 'Remnants'

There was also one vignette featuring Mulder & his little girl
and
Mulder was thinking about Scully, who was no longer there, and
also a certain type of flower (I think it was a sunflower, not
sure).
Anyways, can't remember the title, just remember loving the
fic and reading it several times because it was a warm-and-fuzzy
type of melancholy that really touched me.

That's all I can think of for just now. Hope I got the titles and
authors
right.

Conclusions: I read too much. ^_^
Bysie-bye for now!

Eve

~~~
John: Are we a joke to the outside world?
Richard: The outside world just doesn't get the joke.
-Ally McBeal

Iocaste

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
Ummm ...

RivkaT anything, for her stunning characterization.

MustangSally anything, for her brilliant use of language.

XFBandit and Madeleine Partous for fantastic MulderVoices.

Khyber's "Reach" for characterization and incredibly vivid imagery.

And then, for sheer romance and power:

"The Sound of Your Voice" by Moseley and Summer;

"Erlona's Heart," "Cheapened Things," "Rarity of the Human...," and the Perfect
World series, by MD1016

"Taming of the Unicorn" by Imajiru

"Invocation," by PenName (an oldie, but a goodie!)

There are more, but the list is getting long, so I'll retire now...

iocaste

ioc...@aol.com
"If the Apocalypse comes, beep me."
-- Buffy

pat...@my-deja.com

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
kda...@bigfoot.com wrote:
> I was just wondering about which stories you can read over and
> over and not tire of them. The ones you save on your hard drive
> or print out and place in a binder. So, which stories are like
> that for you? And what is it about them that makes them so
> re-readable?
>
> ~*~*~
> Dahlak http://www.gypsymuse.com/nickNaK/xf
> Babbling lunatic mooshball, but beware the not-bat'leth

My candidate would be The Sound of Wind Chimes by
Sarah Stegall. I don't come across many stories that
are successful at creating a frightening alien
abduction setting.

Pat

Spider Angel

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
Oh, I'd have to say *any* of Heather Scotland's humour fic, and 'The
Tiger Complex' by LoneGunGuy.

<g>

Emily

Katrina

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
>- "The Tempest" by Missy Pennington...adventure, romance, thrills...and
>some fabulously memorable lines

If this is the one I'm thinking of, it had a very funny Drugged!Scully.

Katrina
================
Anyone who's surfed the Web knows that it's home
to the most sickening cesspool of perversion and
degeneracy ever to ooze from the mind of man (and
those downloads take forever).

Dreamshpr

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
I Wanna Speak to the Writer by Doctor Dana. Always gets me out of writer's
block, don't know why. Also love her Another Breath.

Anything by Vickie Moseley, but especially The Sound of Your Voice

Touching Jericho by Ford and Ursula Luxem, because it has *great*
characterization, and possibly the most plausible Scully/other scenario out
there imo.

Perfect by Anjou.

Anything by haphazard method, JLB, Susan Barringer, Plausible Deniability.

Dreamshaper
(drea...@aol.com)

Every jumbled pile of person has a thinkin' part that's wondering what the
nonthinkin' part isn't thinkin' about.

Araxdelan

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
In case anyone cares what I think, I can never get enough of-

"Waiting for the Axe to Fall" by Tarlan
Never has there been more plausible and cleverly disguised schmoop. Not to
mention the great mythology.

"Dreaming is Free" by Viridian5
Imaginative story, wonderful POV.

"Snows III" by Te
Always warms my heart.

And...
"Excess Baggage" by Aries
Because sometimes you need a little smut. And Bad Influence!Krycek.

-Araxdelan

********************
Araxdelan's Slash Site
http://www.members.tripod.com/Araxdelan/
********************
The limits of my language are the limits of my world.
-- Ludwig Wittgenstein

Hattie54

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
My first fan fic I read when I got online and discovered the X Files ( I didn't
watch the show then ) was Fire and Ice by Jennifer Lyon . Does she watch the
show anymore as she doesn't write any longer .

Harriet

Measi2

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
The Magician series... all four are in a binder... dual sided. It took me
forever... and the binder is obscenely heavy. But I've re-read it time and
time again. =)

Sound of Windchimes... my copy is actually starting to get yellow. It was the
first thing I printed from atxc in 1995.

Sheryl Martin's early Dragon pieces (the first 25 or so)

Sheryl's little kooky note series for reimbursements... came out during XF
second season. I always got a giggle... and they really set a tone for
SarcasticFanficBanter! in my mind.

Melissa
Mea...@aol.com

Tara Wheeler

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
<Tara clanks up in her walker and starts to speak in a wavering voice>

When I first started reading X-Files fanfic all those years ago, the greats
were:

Evaluation and Therapy, Therapy II

The Lady and the Tiger

Generation X

The Sound of Windchimes (R)

Mulder's Leap (my favorite crossover) (PG 13)

Colors (R)

Mile High and Memories

Chilmark Light (R)

The Wine Series (R)

Mirror (R)

Comfort (R)

Fire and Ice (R)

Anyone having trouble finding these, feel free to email me and I'll either
send you the story or tell you where to find it.

I'm going back to my knitting now. . .

--
Tara Wheeler

Wheeler Woolworks
www.wwworks.com

Tamara Kauffman

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
Oh, wow... A great question....

And, off the top of my head...

Suzanne Bickerstaffe & Jennifer Lyons' "The Magician"
Joyce McKibbon's "Ghost" series... (This one even got my Mom interested
in XF :)

Tam

kda...@bigfoot.com wrote:

> I was just wondering about which stories you can read over and
> over and not tire of them. The ones you save on your hard drive
> or print out and place in a binder. So, which stories are like
> that for you? And what is it about them that makes them so
> re-readable?
>
> ~*~*~
> Dahlak http://www.gypsymuse.com/nickNaK/xf
> Babbling lunatic mooshball, but beware the not-bat'leth

Erynn

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
In article <19990824140304...@ng-ca1.aol.com>,
miss...@aol.com (Weird Sister) wrote:

> And if I can be snotty for a second: "Paved Paradise" by la and me. Everytime
> I read this, it feels like someone else must've written it. It was a surreal
> experience and every time I read, I find new things that surprise me.

Please, be a little "snotty" for a second. That was a wonderfully intense,
heartbreaking series. I know that it's hard for something XF to have a
happy ending, but I really wept at the last installment.

Erynn
Poet-terrorist for a better society

Erynn

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
In article <37C1EA...@yahoo.com>, AmyJo <amyj...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "The Messenger" series by gizzie - The first installment was the
> first XF fanfic that I had read and was what led me to find this
> newsgroup way back when. I adore Gunmen and finding fic where
> they are not only the main characters but are written intelligently
> and not always for comic relief was a godsend.

gizzie's great. I loved those stories too, but after Unusual Suspects, it
is sometimes distracting to go back and re-read stories where Byers' first
name is Jeff.

I'd recommend all that Martha Little stuff too. She's wonderful ;) And she
even let me write a story with her a few months ago!

Generally speaking, I usually tend to re-read Gunmen fic if it's even
halfway decent and they appear in more than one paragraph.

Oh, to see giz and Martha's stuff, check out the Frohike Liberation
Organization's archive: www.frohike.org

Erynn
Poet-terrorist for a better society

TANSTATMLG!

Debbie Hewett

Aug 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/24/99
On 8/23/99 6:14PM, in message <7pso6o$dk4$1...@gxsn.com>, "Harper"
<str...@globalnet.co.uk> wrote:

> There was also one vignette featuring Mulder & his little girl
> and
> Mulder was thinking about Scully, who was no longer there, and
> also a certain type of flower (I think it was a sunflower, not
> sure).
> Anyways, can't remember the title, just remember loving the
> fic and reading it several times because it was a warm-and-fuzzy
> type of melancholy that really touched me.

The story you're thinking of is "Dandelions for Luck" by
Jaime Lyn Morris. She also did a follow-up story by the
name of "Dandelions on the Wind."

Debbie H.

Harper

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99

Debbie Hewett wrote in message ...

Thanks for letting me know. I have a terrible memory.
I'll be checking out the sequel. ^_^

PennySyc

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99
Dance without Sleeping was the first fic I ever read--what an introduction to
the genre! So it will always be special to me.

The Opposite of Impulse by Maria Nicole is a wonderful read on a hot summer's
day . . .

And my favorite vignette is Seconds Etched on My Skin by CazQ. This is
poignant and poetic, one of the most beautiful things I have ever read!

Leslie
Penn...@aol.com

shannar...@xemplary.com

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99
Anything by Vickie Moseley, Susan Proto and Daydreamer. I
find myself rereading their fiction quite a lot. Three of
the best writers in fanfic, that's for sure.

JAlva36311

Aug 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/25/99
Hmm..very good question

Stories printed out...not many, just too much of a hassle...but I do have:

Banging my head against a red-haired brick wall by Blair Provence. I LOVE this
story. I've re-read it so many times I can't count. I love the third character
voice...and people have said it beofe but I'll say it again, if Mulder ever got
involved w/ someone I would see it happening this way.

Cheapened Things by MD1016. I've reread this too many times to count. The
angst is GREAT, the smut is GREAT. I still remember the first time I read it,
tears came to my eyes because of the angst. LOVE IT.
With a Vengence by Rachel Arlington (where did that girl go? :-)) She usually
wrote that she didn't like writing MSR's, but she wrote it for all the K's of
"G" MSR's out there (no...I haven't read the story or the disclaimer...much
<g>) :) Great angst (is that a pattern?) , and ok, great smut. :)

Not printed out, but I've been known to reread their stories are<g> :

Dasha K (especially the Jitterbug and the Red Valerian series) Jinitian Li,
Barbara D.,
Plausible Deniability, Punk M,Sister Sue, Suzanne Berringer...there are more,
but my brain is freezing up. :-P

Jessica

Gabbygale

Aug 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/26/99
the generations and life cycle series.

Baronessie

Aug 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/26/99

> Perri Watson's "Complimentary Mints." Smart ass Mulder, long
suffering Scully,
> irritable Skinner. Strand them during the Thanksgiving holiday with
a rental
> car, two rooms, and a drive through Memphis (The King lives!), and
prepare to
> laugh and say, "I can so see Mulder doing that," again and again.
Worth a read
> just to imagine hearing Skinner ordering the Love Me Tender Pot
Roast, and
> Mulder asking for half of a pound cake, hollowed out and filled with
peanut
> butter--just the way the King liked it. Ahem...I think this the
first "slash"
> story I ever read in the XF.
> la
> member SSSS
Hmmm...could you tell me where it's archived, please?

A Weird Sister

Aug 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/26/99
<<< Hmmm...could you tell me where it's archived, please?>>>

I believe this story is still archived on the Walter Skinner archive, and I
think Perrie has it on her site as well.

Perrie's site is located at:
http://members.aol.com/perri29/skinnersbriefs.html

Walter Skinner FanFic Archive is located at:
http://www.geekspot.com/ws-fanfic/index.shtml

Try Perrie's site first. The last time I was at the Walter Skinner Archive,
this story wouldn't open, but they mave have fixed the links since then.

la
Remove "diespam" from my name for e-mail
"He that blows the coals in quarrels that he
has nothing to do with, has no right to
complain if the sparks fly in his face."

~Benjamin Franklin