REVISED - A Little Bit of Truth NC17 (01/01)

Kirsten M. Berry

Mar 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/11/97

Please re-archive the following; the contact information currently
available on Gossamer is out of date. All summary info remains
correct. Thanks!

A Little Bit of Truth - Erotic Fiction by Kirsten M Berry

DISCLAIMER THE FIRST--The following work of fiction depicts various
acts of a sexual nature in a frank and loving manner. (No, it isn't
Mulder/Scully sex, so you anti-'shippers can breathe a little more
easily. The funny thing is, I'm a fan-fic-only 'shipper--*never* on
the show, thankyouverymuch--but my *own* story is one I would normally
avoid. Go figure.) If you are under the age of 18, or are easily
offended by such things, *please* stop reading now! Delete this file
from your hard drive, and save you and me both some heartaches, okay?

DISCLAIMER THE SECOND--Once again, the concept of the X-Files, and the
characters of Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, are the work of Chris
Carter, and have been used without permission. No infringement of
copyright is intended. The character of Tracy Jessup is the creation
of the author, and may be used, upon notification of the author, with
permission. (Yes, I just said you could borrow Tracy. If you need a
character for a story you're working on, and she looks like she'll do,
by all means go for it! Just tell me about it first, and return her
to me in one piece, okay? And please send me a copy of your story
when you've completed it--email to ki...@hooked.net is fine.) I make
no apologies for the "Mary Sue" nature of the character, although I do
thank Laura Cooksey for having explained the concept of Mary Sue to
me.

SUMMARY: A sequel to my story Believer. Tracy Jessup has made it
through the Academy - and does a little celebrating of her own with
Mulder....

The following is (c) 1994 by Kirsten M Berry. Distribution limited to
electronic media not-for-profit use only. All other rights are
reserved to the author. (Not that I'm ever likely to *do* anything
with them....)

Tracy Jessup had never been so happy in her life.

After what had seemed an eternity of hardship--physical, mental, and
emotional--she had graduated second in her class at the Academy, and,
to the distinct chagrin of several of her detractors, had been named
valedictorian. Tracy had spent many a sleepless night working on her
speech, and as she looked around at the familiar faces in the room,
she could see she had done well. Taking a deep breath, she started
her closing comments.

"Someone I admire once spoke of his belief that the truth is out
there," she began. "I agreed with him wholeheartedly--indeed, I doubt
any of us would be here were it not for a desire to discover the
truth. The problem is, truth can be different things to different
people. The challenge is in knowing how to look for it. It is my
experience that, if you approach life with an open mind and an open
heart, you will soon find that there are little bits of truth in
everything we are and everything we do. Yes, the truth will set us
free, but we have to go out there and find it for ourselves." A
tsunami of applause reached Tracy's ears, and she returned to her
seat.

The rest of the event went without incident, and Tracy soon found
herself in her mother's effusive embrace. "Oh, baby," she sobbed,
"you've done me so proud! If only your daddy was here to see you. Of
course," she went on, matter-of-factly, "if your daddy was here, there
wouldn't have been the money to send you to college, now, would
there?"

"Mother!" Tracy drew back in mock horror. While it always unnerved
her slightly when her mother referred to her father's passing in such
a seemingly callous manner, she realized that exaggerating the silver
lining of the bereavement benefit from the Greenfield PD was the only
way the woman was able to deal with the black cloud that was Simon
Jessup's death at the hands of a sniper. And using the money to start
Tracy on a career in law enforcement was just what the man would have
wanted them to do.

"Agent Jessup?" Two voices from behind Tracy startled her somewhat.
Blushing slightly, she turned to respond. Agents Mulder and Scully
stood there, both smiling. "We each wanted to be the first to address
you by your new title," Scully began.

"But as we didn't have a coin to toss, and Scully wouldn't arm-wrestle
for it, we settled on coming over together," Mulder finished.

Tracy turned a slightly deeper shade of rose, an occurrence that
Mulder duly noted, and found quite becoming. "Two of the Agency's
finest fighting over me? I am flattered." Turning to her mother,
giving herself a chance to recover from the dual shock of her fellow
agents' obvious pride in her and the unfathomable look Mulder had just
given her, Tracy took the woman's hand. "Mama, these are the two
people I was telling you about--my instructor, Agent Dana Scully, and
Agent Fox Mulder. May I present my mother, Marianne Jessup?"

"You certainly may," Mulder responded, coming over to shake the
woman's hand. "Your daughter has told us what a remarkable woman you
are, Mrs. Jessup."

"Oh, me? I'm nothing special. Tracy got all the special genes."

Tracy crossed over to where Scully was standing, and they exchanged a
bewildered look. "Have you ever seen him like this before?" Tracy
asked warily.

Scully shook her head. "Maybe one of his aliens got to him."

The two women turned to find Tracy's mother grinning from ear to ear,
obviously pleased with the new friends her daughter had chosen.
"Agent Mulder was just suggesting that we all go to dinner to
celebrate. I think it's a wonderful idea!"

"My treat," Mulder hastened to add. "You deserve to be spoiled
tonight, Tracy." His comments were rewarded with another flush of
color coming to the young woman's face.

"You have yourself a deal, mister," Tracy responded, once she found
she could speak. That speech had taken more out of her than she
thought, if she was still this nervous! "But I insist that we have
dessert at my new apartment--I found your old Hershey pie recipe last
week, Mama, and I want to show off!"

Dinner and dessert were a rousing success. The three agents traded
horror stories from college, leaving Tracy's mother breathless with
laughter, until Scully noticed the lateness of the hour. "I really
must get going--the early bird, and all that. Can I give you a ride
to your hotel, Mrs. Jessup?"

Vainly attempting to stifle a yawn, the older woman stood. "Why,
thank you--that would be lovely." Crossing the room to where her
daughter sat, she kissed her on the cheek. "You're sure you'll be
able to take me to the airport tomorrow, Junebug?"

"Of course, Mama." Stopping for a long, languorous stretch, Tracy
began stacking empty plates. "I'll see you then." Thanking Scully
for saving her an extra trip out and back, she took the plates into
the kitchen as the other two women saw themselves out.

Still somewhat unfamiliar with the layout of her new place, Tracy
blindly groped along the wall for the light switch, then let out a
hearty damn as she knocked her head against a cabinet that she would
have sworn wasn't there yesterday. In an instant, Mulder had crossed
the room, found the elusive switch, taken the plates out of Tracy's
hands to prevent any harm from coming to them or her, and gently
guided her to a convenient chair. "Stop that--brand new agents aren't
supposed to kill themselves before their first assignment." Setting
the dishes on the counter, he dropped to one knee next to her,
gingerly checking to see if she'd done any serious damage.

"God, I feel so stupid," Tracy groaned. "You would at least think I'd
know where...." She trailed off, distracted by the way Mulder was
looking at her. "What is up with you tonight? I've never seen you
like this before."

His fingertips drifted down from the top of her head to lightly trace
her jawline. "I just found some of that truth you were talking about
tonight," he said, in a voice they both barely recognized as his own.

Tracy's eyes widened, not entirely certain she believed what was
happening. "And that is?" she asked in a choked whisper.

"That I have never in my life known someone as incredibly beautiful as
you." Mulder's hand gently curved down along her neck to the back of
her head, where he wound his fingers into her long dark hair and
pulled her to him.

Their lips met in a kiss that was so filled with desire, and yet so
tender, Tracy was left shaking at the end of it. She stared at him in
shock. "But--but I thought--"

"I can guess what you thought, and it's nothing of the sort," Mulder
said with a disarming chuckle. "In fact, Scully's the one who told me
how you felt about me."

Tracy was aghast. "I never said anything to her about that!" *How
could I,* she thought, *when I didn't even realize it myself?*

"You didn't need to, she said--she saw it in your face whenever you
talked about me...in your beautiful face," and with that, he kissed
her again.

This time was different, however. As Tracy realized the extent of her
feelings for Mulder, she began to respond to his kiss with a fury she
had never known she possessed. They clung to each other desperately,
as though letting go would break the spell, and they would never again
feel this passion. Tracy stared into eyes the color of a stormy sky,
and noticed the return of a certain spark--a glint that was the Mulder
she knew and, yes, loved.

He smiled at her with more of his usual style, and asked, "So--do you
remember where the bedroom is?"

"I think I can figure out the way." Standing up, Tracy took his hand
and led him back through the apartment. They stopped to kiss outside
the door, and he swept her up into his arms. Tracy stared at him in
mock severity. "So help me, Mulder--you hit my head on the doorframe,
and you won't live long enough to worry about who has to respect whom
in the morning." Laughing--a truly joyous sound that Tracy vowed she
would hear more often--he carried her in and gently deposited her on
the satin comforter.

Slowly, teasingly, Mulder undressed his new love. Every patch of skin
he uncovered was bathed in feather-light kisses. He loved to watch
the reactions as he worked his way down her body. Suddenly, the
tables were turned, and she was upon him, a tigress who had tired of
toying with her kill. "I have to taste you now," she growled, tearing
his clothes from him. In an instant, Tracy had gone from being
totally passive to totally in command of the situation.

When at last she had uncovered his erection, a soft moan escaped her
lips. "Oh, heavens," she whispered, "you are so...lovely...." A hand
reached down to take hold of him, as they kissed once more. Gently,
she began to squeeze him, as her kisses made their way down his chest,
past his navel....

Tracy's hot mouth enveloped the head of Mulder's cock.

Mulder howled in ecstacy. Never before had he been with a woman who
so obviously got as much pleasure from giving head as he did receiving
it. Tracy was insane with her need to take his seed from him, and as
she cupped his balls with one hand, lightly dragging a fingernail
across the skin behind them, she got her wish. He exploded into her
mouth, and she eagerly drank in all that he gave her, whimpering as a
few precious drops of fluid escaped.

Tracy rolled over on her back, and they laid there, both panting
slightly. "You render men incoherent like this often?" Mulder asked
her, only half joking.

She glanced at him out of the corner of her eye, incomprehensibly shy
once again. "I've been known to do it before," she told him, "but I
haven't wanted to in a long time...not like this."

Suddenly, Mulder was on his feet, heading out of the room. Tracy sat
up, confused. "What are you doing?"

"You'll see," came the response from the direction of the kitchen.
"After all, my dearest darling," he said as he returned, carrying a
cup of coffee and a glass of ice water, "turnabout is fair play."

Staring at Mulder in something approaching abject horror, yet still
undeniably aroused by the situation, Tracy watched as he pulled a
small chair over to the bedside, set his glassware on top of it, and
then positioned Tracy so that her feet were resting on the floor on
either side of him. Kneeling down between her legs, he took a sip of
the coffee, and then lowered his mouth to her sex.

As hot as she had become, Tracy thrilled to the additional warmth as
her lover gently tongued the moist folds of her labia. Mulder quickly
proved that he was every bit her equal in terms of oral talents,
leaving her whimpering as he slowly pulled away, pressing a line of
kisses into the soft flesh of her inner thigh. Reaching for the ice
water, he took a quick drink and retraced his path until, oh, so
gently, he caught her clitoris between his teeth.

The hot-and-cold sensation was more than Tracy could handle. She
cried out, arching her back and clawing at the bed as her climax
overpowered her. Mulder redoubled his efforts, bathing her hot flesh
with his cold mouth as wave after wave of pleasure crashed over her
body, until she collapsed back onto the bed, quivering.

Crawling back up next to her, Mulder took Tracy in his arms, stroking
her skin until her breathing returned to normal. "Payback's a bitch,
isn't it?" he asked, smiling tenderly.

Still somewhat dazed from her recent sensory overload, Tracy looked at
him rather unsteadily. "No more games, now. I just want you in me."

For all the ferocity that had gone before, he entered her with a
delicacy that was so surprising, it brought tears to Tracy's eyes.
Once more, their lips met in a kiss of sheer joy. With Tracy's legs
wrapped around Mulder's hips, the two moved together like a beating
heart. For a timeless time, nothing else in the world existed for
them but the bed and each other. When at last they reached orgasm, it
was simultaneous and beautiful, he calling out her name, she emitting
a wordless cry, as they ascended to heights neither had ever known
before. Afterward, they slept a deep, dreamless sleep, still wrapped
around one another.

Tracy woke up alone. Momentarily disoriented, she sat up. Yes, this
was her bed, in her apartment, but something didn't seem right.
Something was missing...or was it someone?

She stumbled into the shower. Under the water, the events of the
evening came rushing back to her, and she smiled. Wrapping a towel
around her wet hair and a robe around her body, she headed for the
kitchen.

Fresh coffee and a handsome man were waiting for her. "Good morning,
angel," Mulder said, kissing her quickly, but thoroughly.

"Come on now--I was anything but angelic last night, and we both know
it." The two grinned at each other as Tracy grabbed a clean cup that
shouldn't have been there. "Wait a minute--just how long did you let
me sleep?"

"Long enough to run everything through the dishwasher and make
breakfast." Taking Tracy by the shoulders, Mulder guided her over to
the table, where cheese and mushroom omelettes waited for them both.
"I figured the smell would wake you up soon enough--you don't have to
be at your mother's hotel for another two hours."

Tracy looked around her, confused again. "But how did you..." she
began, drifting off when she remembered the note she had left on the
refrigerator. She looked back at Mulder. "Dishes? Cooking? Are you
sure you're all right?"

Taking her hand in his, Mulder smiled at his lady love. "I'm better
now than I have been in years. And that is a bit of truth I never
thought I'd find."

--
) (