Fave slash stories?

Dasha K

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
For those of us who don't thing slash is sick, what are your favorite slash
stories?

These are a few of mine-

1) Wind River- Cathleen Faye I just read this tremendous, angsty, dramatic and
sexy casefile and I'm knocked over.

2) Ghosts/Lovers- torch Duh. <g>

3) Slash Evidence series- Saundra Mitchell It doesn't get much sexier than
Mulder/Bayliss, and the casefile elements are amazing.

4) Pendrell Talks series- Merri-Todd Webster You have to love her naive but
loveable Pendrell and her sexy as hell Krycek.

5) Goober and the Czar- DBKate If you aren't in tears from laughter reading
this story, you need to buy a sense of humor. <g>

6) Haemophilus- Izzy Izenthe I like Scullyslash, but a lot of it seems to be
rather repetitive, IMO. This story breaks all the rules and is written with
beauty and passion.

Anyone else?

Dasha K.

I wouldn't kick him outta bed for eatin' crackers...

http://dasha.simplenet.com

Michelle

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
1. Walking the Line series by xf-stew. Romantic as all get out. Much of it
is angst free. Great tie-ins to the episodes sometimes. I wish she would
write more in this series.
2. Fletcher series by Dana Starbuck. A friend for Mulder. Love for Scully.
Great crime writing.
3.The Jitterbug Perfume series by Dasha K. Plain fun and damned informative
to read.

--
MRJ

WPAdmirer

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
Personally I love WIND RIVER by Cathleen Faye. It's wonderful. She very
graciously betas for me on my Walter Skinner/John Carter series, CHICAGO
STORIES. I was blown away by this story, and it was her first try at slash.
We should all hope to be as successful.

I await anxiously each and every story by Xanthe, Kassandra, and JiM. They're
all extremely good and I haunt them for new stuff to read. (grin) On the
threesome front, Twisted Sisters Sk/M/Sc are hot. (I include them because hers
do have an excellent slash element with Skinner/Mulder.)

I also have to name two writers who don't do X-Files but ER slash. Melissa and
Cathy have a really good series called IT'S NOT EASY DOING GREENE. A fave of
mine. (Hey, I do X-Files/ER crossover, can't help but name someone from that
fandom as well.)

WP

Pe Quod

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
Hey!

I totally agree with Dasha's choice of Haemophilus - I even printed
this out and sent it to a friend of mine who is tragically, and
despite my best efforts, uninspired by the X Files and she loved it.

I mean, as if Susan Sarandon and Catherine Deneuve weren't enough,
Izzy gives us Scully as well! Heaven is indeed a place on earth or in
cyberspace, whatever. (Yes, I have been drinking!)

I like anything between Mulder and Krycek as for a long time I thought
I was the only person on earth who detected a homoerotic undertone to
their relationship. Thanks to ATXC and Gossamer I no longer feel so
alone!

Pequod

Vampyres Incorporeal

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
In article <19991007152224...@ng-fi1.aol.com>, das...@aol.com (Dasha K) wrote:
>For those of us who don't thing slash is sick, what are your favorite slash
>stories?

I tend to be an anything by reader, so I'm just going to give my fave
authors here:

Anything by torch. I wanna grow up and BE torch. Go read torch. Go read
torch. Go read torch. http://www.strangeplaces.net/torch/index.html .
And when I'm not fawning over torch, I love Viridian, DBKate, deejay (Go
Scully slash!!) and Te. I'm undoubtably leaving some fabulous writers
out here, please forgive me, but off the top of my head, those are the
folks who leave me squirming for more.

Saundra
http://baylissfan.simplenet.com/

Pe Quod

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99

Scullycat2

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
>For those of us who don't thing slash is sick, what are your favorite slash
>stories?

Come In From The Cold by KG is a great story, although it's really more M/K UST
than real slash. KG writes such wonderful stories; I highly recommend you
visit her site and read some of her stuff.
http://www.execpc.com/~methos/fic.html

Cathi K.
http://scullycat2.tsx.org
Cat's X-Files Fanfic Factory
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
PSYCHIC RAIN - The Best Band You've Never Heard
Go to http://www.psychicrain.com
for sounds from their new CD "Spun Out", release date 10/12

Teddi Litman

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99

I suprised myself when I realized I like trios. My favorites are
the "Loup Garou" series (Skinner/Krycek/female other) and frogdoggie's "Baton
Rouge" series (Skinner/Mulder/Scully).

Teddi

Darla

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
Dasha K wrote:

>For those of us who don't thing slash is sick, what are your favorite slash
>stories?

Most humbly I love Dasha's "Jitterbug Perfume" series. And I'm a huge
fan of deejay's "The Road Not Taken."

nooch...
Darla
xfw420 (Scully'sWhore & Beck&CallGirl)
finishipper420 (lamptrimmer)
**********
Skinner: Use your head, Scully. It'll save your ass.
Scully: Save your own ass, sir. You'll save your head along with it.

Darla Valancy Grey

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99

Subterfuge by Xanthe

--
I like to use colosal words to sound smart but I
really have to stop this ignominius habit of

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

gi...@my-deja.com

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
One of my all time favorite slash authors is Ethan Nelson. I loved the
Denny's Cycle stories, and Cyanide and Astroglide. Very funny, and very
sexy stuff!

das...@aol.com (Dasha K) wrote:
> For those of us who don't thing slash is sick, what are your favorite
slash
> stories?

Baronessie

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
das...@aol.com (Dasha K) wrote:
> For those of us who don't thing slash is sick, what are your favorite
slash
> stories?

Hmmm...the All I Want for Christmas series by Kassandra, Solidarity
by Sleeps With Cayotes, Aries' Admissions series, Little Things/Big
Deals series Mik, Mik's Same Game series, Imajiru's Departure series,
anything by Te, Viridian, and Diana Williams.

DBKate2

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
>One of my all time favorite slash authors is Ethan Nelson. I loved the
>Denny's Cycle stories, and Cyanide and Astroglide. Very funny, and very
>sexy stuff!
>
>In article <19991007152224...@ng-fi1.aol.com>,
> das...@aol.com (Dasha K) wrote:
>> For those of us who don't thing slash is sick, what are your favorite
>slash
>> stories?

I have a soft spot for anything by Kassandra, Ethan Nelson, and really love
anything on the Socks Shoppe of course, especially by Roses Decay. (mmmmm)

DBKate
-----
Kate's Place
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Workshop/3293/dbkate.html
------
The TPM Lair
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Workshop/3293/lair/warn.html
------

CRAZY4XF

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
I'm really enjoying the Chains series...and of course Frogdoggie's stories
always get to me...

Kathy :-)

Rachel

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
On 07 Oct 1999 19:22:24 GMT, das...@aol.com (Dasha K) wrote:

>For those of us who don't thing slash is sick, what are your favorite slash
>stories?

<snip>

>2) Ghosts/Lovers- torch Duh. <g>

A big, fat 'me, too' here - it just doesn't get any better than
torch. This is my favorite work by her, but everything of hers is
marvelous. http://strangeplaces.net/torch/, for anyone who has
somehow managed to miss her.

Other of my favs, in no particular order:

1. " In a Dark Time," by A Leigh Anne Childe (M/K). I also swoon for
"Swedish Bedtime Story" and "Acquainted With the Night" series (Sk/K),
but as with torch, hell, as with everyone I list here, everything she
writes is wonderful. No web page, but everything but the last
installment of IDT can be found at the MKRA,
http://slash.simplenet.com/mkra, and the last installment can be found
at Archive X, http://www.everafter-x.com/

2. "The Same Everywhere/Hand We Were Dealt," by Jane Mortimer (M/K) -
http://members.aol.com/janemort/toc.html

3. "Motel 3 a.m./Coming to This," by Kat Allison (M/K) -
http://members.tripod.com/~KatAllison/

4. "Angels," "Wanderlust," and the "Mad Dogs" series, by Ladonna King
(M/K) - http://www.slashcity.com/ciceqi/XF.htm

5. Anything by Te (M/K, Sk/K, L/B, M/Sk and probably some other
pairings I'm missing) - http://unicorn-x.net/te/

6. "Road Trip," "Strange Bliss," and "Waking Up in Pittsburgh" by
Keiko Kirin (M/K) - http://members.aa.net/~gwyneth/keiko/index.htm

7. "Departure," by Imajiru -
http://imajiru.home.mindspring.com/fiction/xf/index.html

8. "Strange Weather," "Something Like Grace," and "Surrender
Dorothy," by Gwyneth Reis (M/Sk) -
http://members.aa.net/~gwyneth/index.html

9. "Bulletins From Bedlam" by Jessica Harris (M/K) -
http://avalon.net/~nonie/jharris/jhindex.html

10. "The End of Pain" (M/K); "John," "Gospels: John 1:23," and
"Gospels: Acts 4:6," (K/Byers); and "Palm Pilot" and its sequel
(Sk/K), by Spike - http://avalon.net/~nonie/spike/xfiles.htm

11. ""The Only One Who Knows," by Maria M. (M/K) - no longer
available on the net, unfortunately, but I have a copy saved, thank
god, and would be more than happy to send it to anyone interested.
A piece I love almost as well, which is also short, beautiful and
heartbreaking, called "Mending Wall," can be found here:
http://www.everafter-x.com/texts/maniaci-mendingwall.txt

God, looking over this list, I'm reminded just how many incredible
writers XF slash fandom has, or at least *had* - so many of the
authors I list have moved to other fandoms, or stopped writing
altogether. Thank god their work lives on...

-Rachel

************************************
He's not evil - he's a survivalist.
A survivalist who sometimes
likes to kiss other guys.
--Nick Lea
************************************

BethLynn

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
AnneZo's Tyler Tales.

BethLynn
"To the world you may be no one, but to someone you may be the world."

Kel

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
For ROTFLMAO, I like Halrloprillalar--even though I can't spell her
name.

http://members.tripod.com/~prillalar/fic/fic.html

Alicia K.

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99

Dasha K wrote:

> For those of us who don't thing slash is sick, what are your favorite slash
> stories?

Well, I'm not the biggest slash fan in the world, but I absolutely loved "Ghosts"
and "Lovers" by torch. There were also some others that I really enjoyed, but for
the life of me, I can't remember their titles. Doh!

I know I rave about Dasha's "Nightclub" series every third month, but I just love
it. I really wish that there was more good Scully slash out there. I read
"Haem... Hemo... " um, the one I can't spell by Izzy (?), and that was pretty
good, but most of the others I read are missing that extra little ... something.

Do the three-way stories count as slash? If so, then I loved all of Miss Elise's.
Yum.

And as yummy as the prospect of Krycek and Mulder are, I just can't see Mulder
getting it on with Krycek, even if he is gay. (shakes head) Just don't see it.
But it is fun to read. If I read too many slash stories in a short span of time, I
get very burned out on them, though. Not unlike MSR's.

Alicia K.

Helen Wills

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
>For those of us who don't thing slash is sick, what are your favorite slash
>stories?

I don't usually read slash, and I don't know if this even qualifies, but I
really enjoyed "A Couple of Agents Sitting Around Talking" by Octavian.
It's a bit different - and I like a good conversation piece.

Helen
XXXXX

Woodinat

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
Anything by Te, Viridian, and Torch. Kassandra's stuff, and DB Kate's Goober
and The Czar. Hal's great for humor, and Drovar is the king of Spender slash.
And yeah, I am forgetting tons.

Woodinat

Joel: What do you want for Christmas, Crow?
Crow: I wanna decide who lives and who dies
Joel: Oh, I don't know...

Alicia K.

Oct 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/8/99
Ooh, thought of another one! I can't remember who wrote it, but I think the title
was "Heterosexual Male" (???), and it was the funniest damn thing I've ever read.
It was Bill Jr./Jeffrey Spender slash.

I thank God every day that such a pairing did not become a whole sub-genre.

Alicia K.

Diana Williams

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99
Kassandra's "All I want for Christmas" series and "Out of the Dark"
Anything by JiM, Mik, Frogdoggie, MJ.
Anything by Xanthe, especially "Subterfuge" and her new "24/7"

--
Diana Williams
web page at http://www.slashcity.com/diana/home.htm

"You have been well spanked, my young apprentice." - The Spanking
Menace
"I'm the key figure in an ongoing government spanking." - Mulder

Dasha K <das...@aol.com> wrote in message

> For those of us who don't thing slash is sick, what are your
favorite slash
> stories?
>

> These are a few of mine-
>
> 1) Wind River- Cathleen Faye I just read this tremendous, angsty,
dramatic and
> sexy casefile and I'm knocked over.
>

> 2) Ghosts/Lovers- torch Duh. <g>

haphazard method

Oct 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/9/99
das...@aol.com (Dasha K) wrote:
> For those of us who don't thing slash is sick, what are your favorite
slash
> stories?

"Spontaneous Human Combustion" by Halrloprillalar (Scully)
"Lovers of Today" by Te (Mulder)
"Wabash, Far Away" by Punk (Skinner)

I must have a thing for slash and angst. Hmm.

hap

tiresi...@my-deja.com

Oct 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/10/99
I have no easy way to check the accuracy of these titles and authors.
But I think anyone reading this will know what I mean.

1. In a Dark Time by A. Childe. I loved her quirky Mulder, the way she
grounded her story in particular episodes, the psychological detail,
and that bizarrely canonical love scene that concludes one of the
sections.

2. “Out of the Dark”, the “All I Want for Christmas” stories and
“Change of Heart” by Kassandra. Out of the Darkness has a stunning
opening section. Change of Heart was an addictive (dare I say it) soap
opera.

3. I don’t remember the title, but Wombat was the author and it was a
Highlanders crossover that took, as I recall, most of last year to
complete. It was complicated, drawing characters from all over the
television map. She gave them wonderful dialogue. One lengthy sequence
involving Mulder and Krychek on a road trip, utilizing a series of
stolen cars – that would have been a hell of an episode.

4. Diana Williams' two "Chains" series have me hooked. No pun
intended.

5. The Chicago series by WP Admirer. She does a terrific job of
capturing the characters. It is not at all hard to imagine an episode
of, say, ER, with a guest appearance . .

drovar

Oct 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/10/99
"Alicia K." wrote:

That would be "Hetereosexual Man" by Halroprilllalar. You can find it at (shameless
plug) The Ferret Cage, along with Hal's other Spenderfic. Hal is one of my favorites.
Her writing is sharp, funny, touching, sad, hot and subtle. You can't go wrong with
Hal.

drovar

The Ferret Cage
The World's only Spenderfic archive
http://www.parkers-place.net/ferretcage/

WPAdmirer

Oct 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/10/99
>5. The Chicago series by WP Admirer. She does a terrific job of
>capturing the characters. It is not at all hard to imagine an episode
>of, say, ER, with a guest appearance . .

Wow. I like the writers you named very much myself, and to be held in their
company is incredibly flattering.

Thank you!

WP

Sabine

Oct 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/13/99
Hey Dasha et al --

Where do I find these?

>> 3) Slash Evidence series- Saundra Mitchell It doesn't get much sexier
>than
>> Mulder/Bayliss, and the casefile elements are amazing.

I had no IDEA there were XF/Homicide XO's -- I wanna crawl out of my cave
and read this one...wow.

>> 6) Haemophilus- Izzy Izenthe I like Scullyslash, but a lot of it
>seems to be
>> rather repetitive, IMO. This story breaks all the rules and is
>written with
>> beauty and passion.

And this one?

Can you tell me a site where these might be found?

Cheers,
Sabine (who loves Bayliss almost as much as she loves Scully)
http://emilyss.home.mindspring.com/xfiles.htm