Regarding slash fiction...

1 view

Sheryl Martin

Oct 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/9/96

While we're on the topic, I'd like to thank everyone for being so openminded
to allow this particular type of story to be posted without condemnation on
the newsgroup...
About a year ago the first gay Mulder story was posted, Pleasant Dreams by
Laura Cooksey (forgive me if my memory is bad - old Dragons and all that...)
and while there were a few dissenters, the majority of readers supported the
author's right to post any type of story on the board; as long as it was
labelled properly so that you could bypass it if it wasn't your cuppa tea.

I'm happy that this particular type of fiction has become accepted on the
board; so much so that I encourage anyone who is working on any fanfic awards
to include slash fiction as a valid and separate catagory - yah, I've already
tweaked Stef's ear about the Spookys... this type of fiction deserves its own
arena for appreciation and not to be absorbed into the voting pool among the
others...

Anyway, enough rambling from me - thanks to all the authors and readers for
proving once again that ATXC is truly open to all who come here...

so to speak...
sorry...
I'll go back to the Lair and get back to work now...
'Nuff said...

"Heart of a warrior; mind of a fool... soul of a romantic." - Jackie St.
George
"I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls..." - The Book of Job.

The Dragon, LGW #21, Eden Agent, The Troupe, Faultliner, XF Romantic, PFSCM
#6, Wildebeeste Hunter, EXMC, M&S, Extreme Possibilites...

- sent via an evaluation copy of BulkRate (unregistered).