XF Fanfic History - First Times

Dragan Antulov

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99

I started the very same thread before, but now I would try to be more
specific. According to the results of my first unofficial survey in
this newsgroup, first piece of XF fanfic was written and posted
sometimes in Autumn 1993, three or four weeks following the premiere
of "Pilot". The newsgroup ATXC was created sometimes in March or April
1994.

In the last five years, thousands of stories were posted on ATXC,
mailing-lists and Web. No human being is able to read them all, store
them or remember the important story elements. But, among them, there
were some important, classic stories.

But, now I'm interested in stories that used to be the ice-breakers.
Stories that were important because they broke some conventions, that
used some elements that later became "canon" or alternative "canon",
or simply created new genres and classifications in fanfic. I don't
think anyone can give me the authoritative answers, but, at least,
this thread would be a nice opportunity to direct the old XF fanfic to
new participants in this newsgroups.

So, I would like to know when was the first time someone wrote and
posted the story with these elements:

1. Mulder/Scully romance (I mean RST, Mulder & Scully being involved
in non-platonic romantic relationship)

2. Mulder/Scully NC-17 romance (I mean, real NC-17, not just
mentioning that two of them are having sex)

3. Mulder or Scully character death story

4. Mulder/Scully married with children story

5. Mulder/Krycek slash (hard to imagine before Autumn 1994, I suppose)

6. CSM as good guy stories

7. Skinner/Scully romance

8. Mulder/Skinner slash

9. Krycek/Scully romance (I guess those stories are more popular now
than four years ago, but someone had to break the ice even then)

10. Krycek/Skinner slash

11. Scullyslash story

12. Story where Mulder gets raped, tortured, driven to insanity or
suffers fate analogue to Levels 8-10 of Sadomulderisation (see 10
Degrees of Sadomulderisation at Muldertorture Anonymous site)

13. Story where Scully suffers fate analogue to Sadomulderisation

14. Story which paints Samantha as evil

15. Story that explicitly mentions Mulder's Jewish background

16. Story that describes Mrs. Mulder as incarnation of Satan

17. Story that deals with Mulder's or Scully's ability to have
children (posted before "Memento Mori")

18. Story that shows Krycek as good guy

19. Story that shows Skinner as bad guy

20. Skinner/Maggie Scully romance
20a. Skinner/Maggie Scully romance not associated with MSR

21. Story with X as definitely bad guy

22. Story that says that CSM, Deep Throat and Bill Mulder knew each
other before (posted before "Anasazi" or "Apocrypha")

23. Frohike/Scully romance

24. Pendrell/Scully romance

25. Story that states that Marita is lousy in bed

26. Story with Marita as good guy

There are probably more such "first times", but these are anything I
could remember right now.

--
Dragan Antulov a.k.a. Drax
Fido: 2:381/100

CiCi Lean2

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
Drovar ask for the very first:

>24. Pendrell/Scully romance

I could be wrong, but Pam Olymana's <sp?> "Along The Way" is probably the
first.

CiCi

The Circle of CiCi
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Workshop/3293/index.html

Vehemently

May 3, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/3/99
Dragan Antulov wrote:
> 5. Mulder/Krycek slash (hard to imagine before Autumn 1994, I suppose)

> 8. Mulder/Skinner slash

It's been reasonably reported that the first M/K was "Krychek" by
Brenda Antrim, which I date at least to January 1995 when I read it.
Brenda told me that M/Sk is just about concurrent, the first being (I
think) by Cody Nelson.

Vee

Coleen Sullivan-Baier

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99

>There are probably more such "first times", but these are anything I
>could remember right now.

I think I was the first one that got Byers laid...."Hello, Again" The Messenger IV, June '97

XXXXXXXXXXgizzieXXXXXXXXXXXX
(kinda timely, no??)

*************************************

"I don't know, but it ain't no duck."

*************************************

ExPhila

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
I think someone should write a documantry type history book on fanfic, I know
I'd like to read it, Maybye even have a part in writing it.

ExPhila :o)
Keeper of Melissas necklace, Mulder's "Something smells good!" Apron
and Scully's Stethescope.
Member of the I Hate Diana Fowely Club.
President and founder of the FC Newsletter.

Tony Farmar

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
"Dragan Antulov" <dragan....@st.tel.hr> wrote:
<snippetty snippetty>

>So, I would like to know when was the first time someone wrote and
>posted the story with these elements:
<snip>

I dunno about the rest, but the first

>5. Mulder/Krycek slash (hard to imagine before Autumn 1994, I suppose)

was "Krychek" by Brenda Antrim. (Yes, she did spell it that
way.) It's on the MKRA website:

http://slash.simplenet.com/mkra

Katherine F.
http://netdump.com/users/purity_brown/purity.htm

l...@portal.ca

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
On Mon, 3 May 1999 10:49:03 +0200, "Dragan Antulov"
<dragan....@st.tel.hr> wrote:

>11. Scullyslash story

If I recall correctly Laura Cooksey was the first to write
Scullyslash. Can't remember the title of the story though.

Leslie

CiCi Lean2

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
>>11. Scullyslash story
>
>If I recall correctly Laura Cooksey was the first to write
>Scullyslash. Can't remember the title of the story though.
>

>Leslie

I wrote the first Scully/Marita slash ("Cold"), Does that count? <g>

CiCi
(who also started some other genres, but none were all that popular strangely
enough... <g>)

Megan

May 4, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/4/99
Dragan Antulov wrote:
> So, I would like to know when was the first time someone wrote and
> posted the story with these elements:

> 3. Mulder or Scully character death story

I think the first one was "Swan Song" in fall of 1995.

> 9. Krycek/Scully romance (I guess those stories are more popular now
> than four years ago, but someone had to break the ice even then)

The earliest one I've encountered is "Lacuna" by Tara Thorne from June
1997. Jessica Taylor's "Lost" was archived in Dec. 1997, but I know it
predates that, because it inspired my story "The Secret Life of Dana
Scully" which I posted in July 1997. And Mare ZX maintains she had her
WIP planned much earlier than any of these stories.

Now I want to do more research.

Megan
SKipper Haven archivist
http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/3774/skipper.htm

Dragan Antulov

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99

Vehemently wrote in message <372E653B...@yahoo.com>...

>Dragan Antulov wrote:
>> 5. Mulder/Krycek slash (hard to imagine before Autumn 1994, I
suppose)
>> 8. Mulder/Skinner slash

>It's been reasonably reported that the first M/K was "Krychek" by
>Brenda Antrim, which I date at least to January 1995 when I read it.
>Brenda told me that M/Sk is just about concurrent, the first being (I
>think) by Cody Nelson.

I just read it. It doesn't look like January 1995. Some details in the
story would indicate which would indicate that the story was written
after Season 2 finale.

Karen Rasch

May 5, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/5/99
Megan wrote:

> > 3. Mulder or Scully character death story
>
> I think the first one was "Swan Song" in fall of 1995.

I've got an oldie-but-a-goodie that predates that: Idria Barone
Knecht's "Madman Across the Water". The archive date on it is April 3,
1995.

If anyone is interested, there's also a sequel, "Mona Lisas and Mad
Hatters."

These were two of my earliest favs. Really dark, but good.

Karen

J2rider

May 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/8/99
I was thinking about a TOMORROW PEOPLE crossover where Kevin Kryder and maybe
Gibson Praise are telepathic evoluationary steps forward.

J2rider

May 9, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/9/99

might be if Stevie from THEL MOVIE had a natural immunity to the black oil and
survived, lving with it in him as a symbiote. This would have to be an
alternate universe perhaps.

MareZX

May 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/10/99
>> 9. Krycek/Scully romance (I guess those stories are more popular now
>> than four years ago, but someone had to break the ice even then)
>
>The earliest one I've encountered is "Lacuna" by Tara Thorne from June
>1997. Jessica Taylor's "Lost" was archived in Dec. 1997, but I know it
>predates that, because it inspired my story "The Secret Life of Dana
>Scully" which I posted in July 1997. And Mare ZX maintains she had her
>WIP planned much earlier than any of these stories.

My Scully/Krycek WIP, Wicked Game, was begun in July 1996. I guess the fact
that it's still not finished disqualifies it as a groundbreaker of any kind,
but at least the idea was out there that early on. Also, the fact that there
wasn't any *other* SKipper fic out there at the time may be why it sat
untouched for over a year, and is only now moving (at a glacial pace, thanks to
my bosses <g>) toward completion.

Hell, it was dangerous just to be a Krycek fan back then. Pairing him with
Scully? I'm too much of a wuss to have been the one to publicly break that
ground <g>

Mare, Krychick from way, way back

ev...@my-dejanews.com

May 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/23/99

>> 3. Mulder or Scully character death story
Megan>> I think the first one was "Swan Song" in
fall of 1995.

Karen>> I've got an oldie-but-a-goodie that

predates that: Idria Barone Knecht's "Madman
Across the Water". The archive date on it is April
3, 1995. If anyone is interested, there's also a
sequel, "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters."
>> These were two of my earliest favs. Really dark, but good.

I'm flattered... but I got MY inspiration from Jen
Chism's "Always and Forever," a Mulder-death story,
which was posted Jan 5, 1995 according to my file.
Made me bawl my head off.

IMBK