First Slash fanfic you ever read...

KitCat

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
Since I'm having fun reading what everyone read as their first X-Files
fanfic and I noticed that almost everyone was first exposed through some
sort of MSR.

So I started to wonder, for those of you that read slash, what was your
first slash fic?

Mine was "Friends" by Te...I started with Geek!Slash. Actually,
yesterday was my 8 month slash anniversary...

What about everyone else?

Cat
who admits to having a hard time reading anything BUT slash these days.

WPAdmirer

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
Hmmm....I can't remember. It may have been OUT OF THE DARK. I remember that
it was something good and it swept me away. Which would certainly describe
anything by Kassandra.

But when I discovered X-Files slash I began consuming it at what might be
called an alarming rate. I found it immensely satisfying.

WP

Dasha K

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
Oooh, great question!

I thought I'd never be able to read slash, but when I read my pal Jen Stoy's
"Choirgirl Series", well, I began to understand, and dig slash.
Dasha K.

Admitting your fanfic problem is the first step...

Shameless plug- come see Dasha K's Fanfic-O-Rama

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Studio/7367

WickdZoot

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
Wow, good question.

It's probably not literally the first slash fic I read, but the first slash fic
I read that converted me was the Thirst Series, by DBKate.

And then I discovered the archives! <g>

zoot

...[It's] a simply Gothic little place consisting of three of borderline
personalities, a trailer park sophist, a dyslexic and two old dykes
struggling not to pop out of their bondage gear...
The Marquise De Lean

jerry

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
I don't recall the first slash fanfic I read -- but I do recall the argument
(which I think was posted here) that motivated me to read it --

Someone pointed out that, in reading m/m slash, I would be able to read
about, say, Mulder *and* Krycek naked (yummy). Or Krycek *and* Skinner
(equally yummy).

Whereas when I read MSR (which I love), I get Mulder naked (yummy) and
Scully naked (I'm sure she's yummy, too, but it's just not the same for me).

This, of course, resulted in even more time spent with fanfic. What a
chore. <g>

jerry

CiCi Lean2

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
Oh, now *this* is a nice memory.

The very first slash piece I ever read was the "Chances" series by Alex Jones
(M/Sk) and boy, did I print that sucker out, staple it up and read it until it
literally fell apart.

I'd been reading atxc for a while back then, and didn't even know what "slash"
was. (Didn't have web site access back then either, but Alex was kind enough
to mail me the series along with some other pieces.)

Ah, the good old days.
CiCi :-)

The Circle of CiCi
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Workshop/3293/index.html

WPAdmirer

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
>Someone pointed out that, in reading m/m slash, I would be able to read
>about, say, Mulder *and* Krycek naked (yummy). Or Krycek *and* Skinner
>(equally yummy).
>
>Whereas when I read MSR (which I love), I get Mulder naked (yummy) and
>Scully naked (I'm sure she's yummy, too, but it's just not the same for me).

Oh, yes! I keep explaining to people that to me (as a woman) reading about two
sexy men naked is far more interesting than reading about a naked man and a
naked woman.

No offense to naked women, but they just don't turn me on. (grin)

WP

TexxasRose

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
> Oh, yes! I keep explaining to people that to me (as a woman) reading about two
> sexy men naked is far more interesting than reading about a naked man and a
> naked woman.
>
> No offense to naked women, but they just don't turn me on. (grin)

THANK YOU! Exactly what I've been trying to put into words. I'm
heterosexual and I write MSR and I LOVE MSR, but I also love slash--but
for me it's gotta be Mulder/Skinner only. That's precisely the reason
why.

TexxasRose

WPAdmirer

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
>THANK YOU! Exactly what I've been trying to put into words. I'm
>heterosexual and I write MSR and I LOVE MSR, but I also love slash--but
>for me it's gotta be Mulder/Skinner only. That's precisely the reason
>why.

Well, I enjoy Mulder/Skinner, but I (of course) like Skinner/John Carter, too.
I'll take either.

Skinner/Krycek and Mulder/Krycek rarely do it for me. (Though there are a few
stories that are so well-written I've enjoyed them in spite of the pairing.)

WP

Dasha K

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
>but
>for me it's gotta be Mulder/Skinner only. That's precisely the reason
>why.

Well, I have to say that Nekkid!Alex is an awfully tempting vision...

Sage O'Neil

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
Gee, I can't even remeber the first slash I ever read. I was very negativ
about it at first but after my first try... I was sold. Any slasher knows
what I'm talking about cause it's just... wonderful isn't it?
--
Sage

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Rampart/2941
Mulder Scully Krycek Romance Association

WickdZoot <wick...@aol.comx> skrev i inlägg
<19990318090414...@ng23.aol.com>...

Jori

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
> So I started to wonder, for those of you that read slash, what was your
> first slash fic?

Actually, the first piece of fan fic I ever read was Mulder/Skinner slash. I
don't even know how I stumbled upon it, but it had to do with Mulder sucking
on mangos or something like that and I thought it was, well, interesting to
say the least. I have no idea who wrote or what it was called but I went
searching for more.

Then somehow I ended up finding ATXC this past summer after finally getting
a decent news server and a kid who didn't need to be watched during his
every waking hour. The first thing I read there was something by Dasha, I
was hooked, and the rest, as they say, is history.

Jori
who wonders if you can have the hours you spend on fan fic back at the end
of your life?

swikstr

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
CiCi Lean2 wrote:

> I'd been reading atxc for a while back then, and didn't even know what "slash"
> was.

Personally, I'd become familiar with slash through my early work with Pretender
fandom. But my eyes literally widened when I saw the length and breadth of the
genre with XF fanfic.

The first slash I ever read was by the wonderfully talented Rachel Arlington (no,
not Rachel Anton) on Gossamer -- and it remains my favorite stuff to this day.
Regardless of whether I find the basis for a Mulder/Krycek pairing impossible or
not, her work is so good I tend to check my skepticism at the door. It's worth it
;)

-swik

--

"A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely
fatal."

Jasmin

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
I don't remember the first slash I read. I started with MSR and became
obsessed with smut. I now enjoy reading all genres but it took me a
while to discover there was more to XF fan fic besides MSR (It took me
ages to even find Gossamer). After MSR I discovered Humour, then
BadFic. After I discovered Gossamer, I started to read all the new
stuff (at the time that is) and stumbled on a slash piece and was never
the same again. I can't remember the name but I remember the
story...and I remember Mulder and Krycek. It was one of the most erotic
stories I'd ever read at the time. Since then I have had a thing for
Krycek. I don't care what combination, just as long as Krycek was in
it, I read.

Jasmin

Tony Farmar

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
My first slash was Trekslash. I don't even remember which *show*,
let alone which pairing or which story...I want to say "The Claiming"
by Kathryn Rammage, but I suspect that was the first *good* slash
I read, rather than the first *ever*.

It never even occured to me that XF was slashable until I surfed on
in to The Secret Files part of torch's website after reading her P/K's.
Then I thought: "WHAT? Mulder and KRYCEK? No freakin' way!"

But I was bored. I needed reading matter. So I looked at "Whipping
Boy" and thought: what the hell. It's only 3k. It'll only take a
minute.

And I was impressed, by the writing but also by the fact that,
suddenly, it didn't seem *quite* so unlikely any more...

So I read the other short-shorts (thinking: well, that was probably
just a fluke) and they impressed me even more.

Then I read "Ghosts".

Hoo boy.

"Ghosts" has been recommended before on this ng, but I'll say it
again: go read. Now. If you only ever read one XF slash story, or
one slash story, read this one. It is just sublimely good.

It haunted me (no pun intended) for days afterwards. I took a trip
to London and all I could think about was "Ghosts" and how stupid
it was of me not to have read the sequel before cutting off my own
Net access.

(I say again: go read: http://strangeplaces.net/torch)

Now, of course, I am a hopeless slash addict. And a pusher too.

Katherine F.
Today's Quote: "The advocate will refrain from making her opponent
disappear." -- dialogue, _Star Trek:The Next Generation_, "Devil's
Due"

Bushgrrl

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
>So I started to wonder, for those of you that read slash, what was your
>first slash fic?

Aaah... memories. I found my first slashfic when my best friend sent me
to a M/K site
as a joke. She now regrets that :o)

I don't remember the name of the fic, but I *do* remember loving it. I
immediately
printed it out. Within a month, I had found several slash archives, and what I
call my
"shipper phase" was officially over.

The real turning point in my transformation from shipper to slasher had
to be when I
read "Ghosts". I then knew that I didn't have to turn to MSR if I wanted to
read romance.

Since then, I started devouring slash in large quantities, as well as
reading slash in
several other fandoms. I found that it's ruined me for reading about
heterosexual
relationships. Romance novels haven't been the same since. <g>

- Araxdelan

"You don't have to not like the show because Mulder doesn't have his head
between Krycek's legs."

-Rowan, my friend who inadvertently introduced me to slash

*********
Araxdelan's Slash Site
http://www.members.tripod.com/Araxdelan/
*********

Dianora2

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
>The very first slash piece I ever read was the "Chances" series by Alex Jones
>(M/Sk) and boy, did I print that sucker out, staple it up and read it until
>it
>literally fell apart.

I can't remember what my *first* slash piece was, but this series was
definitely the first slash that I really liked and still remember fondly. I'm
not much of a slash reader, but I remember being on the edge of my seat for the

--Dia

Remove nospam from my address!
http://members.aol.com/dianora2/main.htm
X-Phile/Shipper ~ Xanderite ~ PezHead ~ Cupidian ~ J&Visionary ~ E&Supporter
"Do I look like I drive a mini-van?" -- Miss Parker

Diana Williams

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
Mine was the "All I want for Christmas" series by Kassandra. Still
love that one, too, and have to reread it every couple months.

--
Diana Williams
web page at http://diwillia.home.mindspring.com/

Diana Williams

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99

Jori wrote in message <36F1203A...@bellsouth.net>...

>> So I started to wonder, for those of you that read slash, what was
your
>> first slash fic?
>
>Actually, the first piece of fan fic I ever read was Mulder/Skinner
slash. I
>don't even know how I stumbled upon it, but it had to do with Mulder
sucking
>on mangos or something like that and I thought it was, well,
interesting to
>say the least. I have no idea who wrote or what it was called but I
went
>searching for more.

That would be one of the "Baccaret Figurines stories - "A Classical
Education" by Sean Spencer.

Diana Williams
web page at http://diwillia.home.mindspring.com/
ListMom for Slash Writer's List: http://eGroups.com/list/slash-writers
_______________________________________
"I've given up searching for the truth; now I'm just looking for a
good fantasy."

Dena M. Renti Cruz

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
In article <36F0F0...@ibm.net>, cmo...@ibm.net says...

>So I started to wonder, for those of you that read slash, what was your
>first slash fic?

It was either the "Chances" series or "Denny's Cycle" by Ethan Nelson. I
accidentally stumbled upon them and was hooked on M/Sk for life.

Sigh. I *really* miss new M/Sk by Ethan....

*Dena*

stillwater16

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
In article <36F0F0...@ibm.net>, KitCat says...

>Since I'm having fun reading what everyone read as their first X-Files
>fanfic and I noticed that almost everyone was first exposed through some
>sort of MSR.
>
>So I started to wonder, for those of you that read slash, what was your
>first slash fic?
>
>Mine was "Friends" by Te...I started with Geek!Slash. Actually,
>yesterday was my 8 month slash anniversary...
>
>What about everyone else?

does it have to be xf?

my first slash was k/s, waaay back in the early seventies.

stillwater16, dating myself

Laura Jacquez Valentine

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99

> Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 06:22:37 -0600
> From: KitCat <cmo...@ibm.net>
> Newsgroups: alt.tv.x-files.creative

> Since I'm having fun reading what everyone read as their first X-Files
> fanfic and I noticed that almost everyone was first exposed through some
> sort of MSR.
>
> So I started to wonder, for those of you that read slash, what was your
> first slash fic?
>
> Mine was "Friends" by Te...I started with Geek!Slash. Actually,
> yesterday was my 8 month slash anniversary...
>
> What about everyone else?

Hoooboy, that's an interesting question.

It was *probably* Greywolf's A/U Kirk/Spock slash "Deep Elem Blues".
That's the first one I really *remember* reading, at any rate, although
it could have been Judith Gran's "Terminus" or perhaps Killa's "Turning
Point." Those are the first ones I remember reading. They're all K/S.

I didn't start reading X-Files slash until I ran out of K/S,
Spock/Chekov, and Picard/Q slash on the web. And then I decided that
Mulder/Skinner was probably worth trying....and I was right. I started
writing M/Sk slash shortly after I started reading it, and I think the
first things I read on the XF side of things were the Denny's cycle and
"Night Care"/"Day Care".

I still prefer Trekslash, frankly--there's a lot more culture there, and
people don't get their knickers as twisted if you violate their pet
slashfic conventions. Basically, all of the conventions have been
violated so many times that you're almost disappointed if someone sticks
with all of them. I've discovered that XF slashers are *much* less
forgiving of violated memes.

But Skinner is *way* hotter than anyone on Trek, so you couldn't chase
me away from my XF slashiness.

--laura

Rachel Lewis

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99
The first slash I ever read, if I remember correctly, was a two parter
called The Deal and The Bait by Brenda Antrim. Great fics, pretty much a
guilty pleasure ;)

But hey, I'm allowed, right? Even though it's a M/K, I tend to lean toward
M/Sk these days, although the SR 8.19 post fic Don't Hate Me Because I'm
Beautiful by Jennifer Stoy, which was a M/K, was terrific on so many levels.
I definitely recommend it!

BTW, all this slash talk has gotten me thinking, I'd love a slasish quote in
my sig, can anyone think of a good one?

Thanks for letting me reminisce,
Rachel

--
"Never send a weasel to do a rat's job."
-Amanda Finch in "My Two Slightly Mundane Dads"

"I didn't realize how much I hated Fowley until it
occurred to me how much I *didn't* hate Marita."
-Amanda Finch in "Slightly Mundane: Special
Flame-Retardant Issue"

Visit The Bill Scully Fanfic Archive
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/2390/

And don't forget my X-Files Graphics page ;)
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/5981/

antrim

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99
> Since I'm having fun reading what everyone read as their first X-Files
> fanfic and I noticed that almost everyone was first exposed through some
> sort of MSR.

Maybe they're just the only ones answering so far :} My first ever XF
fanfic was slash -- it was one Laura Cooksey wrote, about Mulder and an
original male character. Unfortunately I can't remember the title (heck, I
can't even remember the titles on the ones I wrote, much less something I
read five years ago). But it's still in the archives. I like an edge to
my fiction, and most of the Mulder/Scully stuff I was first exposed to was
too romantic for my taste. Since then, I fell for the Rat, and branched
into other fandoms, so I don't read XFic now unless it's M/K. So many cute
guys, so little time.
Bren

Woodinat

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99
The first slash XF fic I read was Mulder/Krycek. Mulder had Krycek at his
mercy, and it was oh so NC-17. It was a PWP, hot, and very wrong, and I loved
it. I got pretty much hooked on M/K, and I still primarily read it. I just
love the power dynamics in it.

Woodinat

Joel: What do you want for Christmas, Crow?
Crow: I wanna decide who lives and who dies
Joel: Oh, I don't know...

Vehemently

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99

Hm. This one I remember -- it was even more of an, uh, surprise, than
the first fanfic. It was "Krychek" by Brenda Antrim, back in, what in
1995. (It involved amnesia, break-ins, sex with strangers, murder and
mayhem in like 25K.) Yes, the title was misspelled. No, I had no idea
what slash meant. I found it on Gossamer. No, I wasn't looking for
anything specific.

Man, that was *old*! Does anybody know what the first XF slash was?

Vee

CiCi Lean2

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99
Vee writes re: "Krychek" by B. Antrim

>Man, that was *old*! Does anybody know what the first XF slash was?
>
>Vee

You know, it's very possible that this one -is- the first XF one.

Anyone know for sure?

CiCi

Laura Jacquez Valentine

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99

> From: Vehemently <vehem...@yahoo.com>
> Newsgroups: alt.tv.x-files.creative
> Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 15:19:42 -0500

> Hm. This one I remember -- it was even more of an, uh, surprise, than
> the first fanfic. It was "Krychek" by Brenda Antrim, back in, what in
> 1995. (It involved amnesia, break-ins, sex with strangers, murder and
> mayhem in like 25K.) Yes, the title was misspelled. No, I had no idea
> what slash meant. I found it on Gossamer. No, I wasn't looking for
> anything specific.
>
> Man, that was *old*! Does anybody know what the first XF slash was?

I sure don't, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was M/Sk and right after
"Tooms". For anyone who's encountered slash before, that scene in
Skinner's office just screams "slash me, slash me! dear God, slash me!"

--laura

AnneV

Mar 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/20/99
Hello!

Great topic, and a good one for me. I was always leery of slash because it
seemed to out of character for the XF gang. I avoided it for quite some
time until my favorite NC-17 author, Lyrica, wrote a story called "Proof of
Ownership", a Mulder/Skinnerfic that rocked my world. Ever since then I've
read other stuff, but I don't get into any Scully slash, nor do I get into
the romantic aspects of slash stuff....for me it's primal and brutal or
nothing :)

Just thought I'd add, and definitely plug Lyrica's erotica....whoo! You can
find it on the SIS site.

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/parade/hg83/skinner.htm

Enjoy!

AnneV
pupp...@voicenet.com

Tony Farmar

Mar 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/20/99
"Rachel Lewis" <Wag...@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>BTW, all this slash talk has gotten me thinking, I'd love a slasish quote in
>my sig, can anyone think of a good one?
>
>Thanks for letting me reminisce,
>Rachel

From Te's "Character":
Mulder:"I don't want to sell my soul for some gender-confused Electra
complex!"
Krycek: "This from a man who refuses to even *listen* to my theories
about his oral fixation."
Mulder: "I. Just. Like. Sunflower. Seeds."

That's my personal favourite. Or from "Aenima" (also by Te):
"C'mon, Mulder, let's at least *try* to remember which one of
us is bare-ass naked, chained to a bed, and covered in come
here."

Katherine F.
Today's Quote: "I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and
watch it for hours." -- Jerome K. Jerome, _Three Men in a Boat_

JLDolphin

Mar 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/21/99
>>It never even occured to me that XF was slashable until I surfed on
in to The Secret Files part of torch's website after reading her P/K's.
Then I thought: "WHAT? Mulder and KRYCEK? No freakin' way!"<<

You need to go to a convention like MediaWest and you will find that ANYTHING
is slashable.

JLDophin

Tony Farmar

Mar 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/21/99

Oh, I know that now. That was way back when I was young and
innocent and wasn't on *any* mailing lists and didn't even
know what H/C stood for. But now...heh heh heh. Now I'm fairly
confident I could slash the Teletubbies if I felt like it.

(Actually, on the rareslash list there was an XF/Warner Bros
cartoons crossover...Mulder and Bugs...I am *not* making this
up!)

Katherine F.
Today's Quote: "It is only shallow people who do not judge by
appearances." -- Oscar Wilde, _The Picture Of Dorian Grey_

Rebekah

Mar 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/23/99
On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 06:22:37 -0600, KitCat <cmo...@ibm.net> wrote:

>Since I'm having fun reading what everyone read as their first X-Files
>fanfic and I noticed that almost everyone was first exposed through some
>sort of MSR.
>

>So I started to wonder, for those of you that read slash, what was your
>first slash fic?
>
>Mine was "Friends" by Te...I started with Geek!Slash. Actually,
>yesterday was my 8 month slash anniversary...
>
>What about everyone else?

Actually, interestingly enough, the first slash I read was the sequel
to the first fanfic I ever read, "Into the Dark" by Kelli
Matthews-Simmons and Julia Kosatka. Although the first story was a
X-files, Highlander & ST:TNG crossover, the last two sections of the
trilogy, Into the Light and Daybreak were both mainly Highlander.
Took me awhile to get where I could even read X-files slash, although
it (and especially Krycek) slowly grew on me.

BTW, if anyone is interested in reading the trilogy, all three can be
found here: http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~masterma/sflaebs/stories/

Rebekah
elayne...@yahoo.com
rer...@earthlink.net
7620...@compuserve.com

antrim

Mar 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/24/99
> >Man, that was *old*! Does anybody know what the first XF slash was?

Old. Scary. Only in the XF is that old :}
It was possibly the first M/K, which predated M/Sk. Cody Nelson wrote an
M/K about the same time I wrote Krychek. (we didn't even have a canonical
spelling for the name) No one's been able to pin down which came first,
but the Skinner stories came after the Krycek stories. The first XF slash
story posted on the net was from Laura Cooksey, and involved Mulder and an
original character named Ben.
Bren, who thinks 'old' and thinks 'Pros' or 'k/s'

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Brenda Antrim <*> ban...@pe.net

Lyndisty

Mar 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/24/99
>>So I started to wonder, for those of you that read slash, what was your
>>first slash fic?

Actually, my first XF fanfic of any kind was a slash story...and it was
'Tails' by Amirin. And it's still in my top ten...

>Actually, interestingly enough, the first slash I read was the sequel
>to the first fanfic I ever read, "Into the Dark" by Kelli
>Matthews-Simmons and Julia Kosatka. Although the first story was a
>X-files, Highlander & ST:TNG crossover, the last two sections of the
>trilogy, Into the Light and Daybreak were both mainly Highlander.

...and the whole trilogy is fabulous. Especially if you happen to be a fan
of every show involved (like me!!!)

Lyndisty

Sometimes the need to mess
with their heads outweighs the
millstone of humiliation.

Vehemently

Mar 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/24/99
Wow, I'm participating in history! Obviously that one story got
*something* right. Opened the floodgates, it did.

antrim wrote:

> > >Man, that was *old*! Does anybody know what the first XF slash was?
>
> Old. Scary. Only in the XF is that old :}

Me? Blushing? Uh, that's the blush of youth you're seeing.

> It was possibly the first M/K, which predated M/Sk. Cody Nelson wrote an M/K about the same time I wrote Krychek. (we didn't even have a canonical spelling for the name)

Now that's something I hadn't realized -- even though I was *watching*
the damn show. He'd only been in, what, in the betrayal trilogy at
that point -- did "Krychek" predate Anasazi? I remember the utter
horror when he showed up in Bill Mulder's shower later that year (I
remember being clutched to death by the two very nice and very
startled old ladies who insisted I watch it with them), but I can't
place the exact date of the story.

Brenda, may we impose on you for remembrances? What was it that made
you put Krycek into the story, rather than an original, or X, or
Skinner? What was the date of its writing?

<<<No one's been able to pin down which came first, but the Skinner
stories came after the Krycek stories. The first XF slash story
posted on the net was from Laura Cooksey, and involved Mulder and an
original character named Ben.>>>

Hey, I remember this too! 4 years of lurking is like taking the GRE,
isn't it? All that geometry you were sure you'd lost suddenly
reasserts itself -- during the English section.

Vee, ever the historian

Laura Jacquez Valentine

Mar 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/24/99

> From: "antrim" <ban...@pe.net>
> Newsgroups: alt.tv.x-files.creative
> Date: 24 Mar 1999 04:16:23 GMT

> > >Man, that was *old*! Does anybody know what the first XF slash was?
>
> Old. Scary. Only in the XF is that old :}
> It was possibly the first M/K, which predated M/Sk. Cody Nelson wrote an
> M/K about the same time I wrote Krychek. (we didn't even have a canonical
> spelling for the name) No one's been able to pin down which came first,

> but the Skinner stories came after the Krycek stories. The first XF slash
> story posted on the net was from Laura Cooksey, and involved Mulder and an
> original character named Ben.
> Bren, who thinks 'old' and thinks 'Pros' or 'k/s'

Ok, here's my question. I don't get M/K. Up to a point, sure. But not
after Alex offs Bill Mulder. I understand the sex thing--there's always
been a weird sexual subtext to the Mulder-Krycek relationship,
but...well, anyway, y'all managed to explain that to me a while back.
But there are some things...

For you M/K folks: how can you get consensual, non-kink M/K to work and
be believable for you and for your readers post BM's death? Because
sometimes it does work. I've read some where it just clicked for me,
and I could take it. But a lot of it I either don't believe or it makes
me squick.

--laura
who confesses to a Skinner obsession which leads to things like the Ray
of Light series, where Skinner gets some with everyone

Bushgrrl

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99
>For you M/K folks: how can you get consensual, non-kink M/K to work and
>be believable for you and for your readers post BM's death?

Well... there's a thin line between love and hate, and forgiveness is
divine. Besides, Bill Mulder was an asshole.

Okay, okay, I know that's a bullshit answer. But it's the best one I
have. And if I really get stuck, there's a million ways to write off Bill
Mulder's death; he shot himself... there was a shapeshifter in the bathroom, so
it wasn't really Krycek... the bullet came through the window... there was
someone else in the bathroom with Krycek... etc.

And then sometimes we M/K people like to say that if Bill Mulder told F.
Mulder any important information, then F. Mulder's life would be in danger, so
Krycek was just "helping".

Sooo... those are some ways to "justify" a relationship between Mulder and
Krycek, despite what happened to Bill Mulder. Let the flaming begin...

- Araxdelan

***************
"Ship is a four letter word. Slash isn't."
(Just kidding! Really!)
***************

Laura Jacquez Valentine

Mar 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/25/99

From: bush...@aol.com (Bushgrrl)

> >For you M/K folks: how can you get consensual, non-kink M/K to work and
> >be believable for you and for your readers post BM's death?
>
> Well... there's a thin line between love and hate, and forgiveness is
> divine. Besides, Bill Mulder was an asshole.

Hey! I actually like Bill Mulder. I'm working on the second story in a
series about him, which will be posted from my Dejanews account as soon
as I finish it. The first one was "Seeds".

> Okay, okay, I know that's a bullshit answer. But it's the best one I
> have. And if I really get stuck, there's a million ways to write off Bill
> Mulder's death; he shot himself... there was a shapeshifter in the bathroom, so
> it wasn't really Krycek... the bullet came through the window... there was
> someone else in the bathroom with Krycek... etc.

See, but I don't buy any of those, which I suppose is my problem. I
think there's too much evidence that Alex offed Bill. The only evidence
to the contrary is Alex saying he didn't, and much as I love him he's
not a reliable source. Besides, Mulder was trying to kill him at the
time. I know *I'd* lie under those circumstances. "Hmmm, looney thinks
I killed his father. Granted, I did, but telling him that would be a
REAL BAD PLAN..."

> And then sometimes we M/K people like to say that if Bill Mulder told F.
> Mulder any important information, then F. Mulder's life would be in danger, so
> Krycek was just "helping".

*giggle* But Fox is protected. Thou Shalt Not Kill Off Thy Stars. And
no one seemed to try and find out what, if anything, Bill had already
told him. They just killed Bill. (Let's face it, folks: the Consortium
is *dumb*. But we love them anyway.)

--laura
who loves Bill Mulder and thinks Fox did too

Bushgrrl

Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99
>Hey! I actually like Bill Mulder.

To each his own.

>See, but I don't buy any of those, which I suppose is my problem. I
>think there's too much evidence that Alex offed Bill. The only evidence
>to the contrary is Alex saying he didn't, and much as I love him he's
>not a reliable source. Besides, Mulder was trying to kill him at the
>time. I know *I'd* lie under those circumstances. "Hmmm, looney thinks
>I killed his father. Granted, I did, but telling him that would be a
>REAL BAD PLAN..."

Well, I never said that Krycek didn't kill Bill Mulder on the show.
People (including me) just say he didn't, for the purpose of fanfiction.
Fanfiction is about taking the show, and turning it into what you want it to
be. Which means it's not always going to be in cannon. Or very plausible...

-Araxdelan

Laura Jacquez Valentine

Mar 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/26/99

From: bush...@aol.com (Bushgrrl)

> Well, I never said that Krycek didn't kill Bill Mulder on the show.
> People (including me) just say he didn't, for the purpose of fanfiction.
> Fanfiction is about taking the show, and turning it into what you want it to
> be. Which means it's not always going to be in cannon. Or very plausible...

And well I know it. M/Sk/S is pretty implausible, but that never
stopped me, did it? :P

I recognize that it's not always going to be in canon, but for some
people there are parts of canon they can't get around. Alex's murder of
Bill Mulder is one I can't get around.

--laura

antrim

Mar 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/29/99
> Brenda, may we impose on you for remembrances? What was it that made
> you put Krycek into the story, rather than an original, or X, or
> Skinner? What was the date of its writing?

Nick Lea's mouth. And eyelashes. I don't particularly like original
characters. X didn't catch my attention until he died. And Skinner's a
dead ringer for my father (never, ever will I go there willingly).
Date? I dunno, what, 1995ish? I'm not good with dates, either :} It was
right at the time of the betrayal trilogy, whenever it was that Scully came
back and we found out that Krycek was a double dealing weasel (gotta love
'im).
Bren