Second Movie Talk from DD

Michele Jackson

Dec 17, 2003, 12:20:37 AM12/17/03
The X-Files star David Duchovny, writing as a guest reviewer for the Razor
gaming Web site, said that a second X-Files movie is in the works, with
shooting to begin possibly next year. Duchovny also voices Mulder in the
upcoming PlayStation 2/Xbox video game The X-Files: Resist or Serve, with
his longtime co-star, Gillian Anderson, voicing Scully.

"I'm proud of The X-Files, and I'm very pleased to see how the video game
will help extend the life of the series," Duchovny wrote. "We're also
working to put together the next X-Files movie. I'd imagine we'd get into
shooting in the next year or so, depending on when the script is written."

In the meantime, Duchovny said, the new video game title is the next best
thing. "I think people will like the game as much as the show, because we
all enjoy mysteries where everyone thinks that there's just one final answer
that'll be uncovered at the end," he said. "Plus, games are an acting
challenge for their favorite stars, who want to be tools for the people
shaping the product. With TV and movies, actors have more control over the
performance." The X-Files: Resist or Serve will be available Feb. 18, 2004,
with a suggested retail price of $49.99.