Wings Joke

HEDDA G7

Sep 12, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/12/98
On one of the episodes, Brian gets off the plane and says something about a
priest, a rabbi and a guy in lederhosen (sp?) ...... Joe interrupts and says
he's heard that joke about a million times. I have never heard the joke.
Does anyone know it? And while I'm at it, I've never heard the infamous
limerick about the lady from Nantucket! Anyone know this one?

GregMac

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98

Not only do I know this one, but the guy in lederhosen was none other than
Rebecca Schull's husband Gene!! Over on Prodigy during the time we kept asking
if he would appear as an extra. He finally relented, and before we knew it
there he was!! <G>

Greg

HEDDA G7

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
Well Greg, tell, tell...exactly how does the joke go. I knew that Rebecca's
husband was in it, but I have never heard the joke! HeddaG7

GregMac

Sep 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/13/98
>Well Greg, tell, tell...exactly how does the joke go. I knew that Rebecca's
>husband was in it, but I have never heard the joke!

Brian rushes into the terminal, having just arrived piloting a Sandpiper
flight. He says to Joe (who is behind the counter) "A priest, a rabbi, and a
guy wearing lederhosen are taking a trip together". Joe replies "Aw, I've
heard that joke a million times. Isn't it getting old??" (Dialogue may not be
100% accurate, but the gist is there). Right after Joe finishes speaking we
see a priest, a rabbi, and a guy wearing lederhosen enter the terminal from the
plane side and exit to the parking lot. Brian then says "I used to think so!"
And having met Gene on both of my trips to Wings I can say that is HIM!!

Greg

Andrew Tiner

Sep 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/14/98
What's the joke Joe had heard "a million times"?

I think there really is one!?

Andy

HEDDA G7

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98
Yes, I'm sorry if I did not make myself clear, but what is the joke that Joe
has heard a million times. I have heard it referred to in other sources, but
have never heard the entire joke! The same is true of the limerick involving
a lady from Nantucket. Everyone seems to know it but me (although I can
guess, considering what rhymes with Nantucket). Hedda G7

GregMac

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98
>What's the joke Joe had heard "a million times"?
>
>I think there really is one!?

The joke goes like this. Brian arrives from piloting a Sandpiper flight and
rushes to Joe saying something like "Joe, a priest, a rabbi, and a guy wearing
lederhosen are taking a trip together". Joe says "Aw Brian, I've heard this
joke a million times, isn't it getting old?" Just then entering the terminal
from the plane side a priest, a rabbi, and a guy wearing lederhosen enter and
walk across the terminal and exit. Brian's next line is "I used to think so!!"
And the guy wearing lederhosen is none other than Gene Schull, Rebecca's
husband!!!

Greg

Andrew Tiner

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98
I repeat, what is the joke Joe thinks he's heard a million times?

I GET the on-air humor at how the joke turns out with this particular
twist on this fictional TV show. But Joe thinks he's heard a joke (that
does not turn out this way) a million times before. What is the joke
he's referring to?

Before there were Hackett brothers...or Wings...wasn't there a real-life
joke beginning this way?

Anyone?

GregMac

Sep 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/15/98
>I repeat, what is the joke Joe thinks he's heard a million times?

Andrew, back up 1 message and you will find it!! Pretty funny, knew it was
coming ahead of time (but not exactly what Gene would be doing!!)

Greg

Gre...@greenmeadow.edu

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98
On 12 Sep 1998 07:13:35 GMT, hed...@aol.com (HEDDA G7) wrote:

>On one of the episodes, Brian gets off the plane and says something about a
>priest, a rabbi and a guy in lederhosen (sp?) ...... Joe interrupts and says
>he's heard that joke about a million times. I have never heard the joke.
>Does anyone know it? And while I'm at it, I've never heard the infamous
>limerick about the lady from Nantucket! Anyone know this one?

There once was a girl from Nantucket
Who went to hell in a bucket
When asked for the fare
When she arrived there
She pulled up her skirt and said "fuck it"

HEDDA G7

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98

Thanks...that clears up the limerick mystery, but out there somewhere is a joke
about a priest, rabbi and guy in lederhosen. I've heard a reference to it in a
movie once, but I still don't know the joke! Anyone with a joke book out
there?

Mavman97

Sep 16, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/16/98

Either this greg person is the densest human on earth, or he is stringing us
along. We ALL know what the gag on Wings was, the question is what is the
underlying joke that is never mentioned. My guess is that it does not exist,
they just did the beginning because it was funny.

GregMac

Sep 17, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/17/98

>Either this greg person is the densest human on earth, or he is stringing us
>along.

There is no reason for you to be INSULTING!!!! I was not aware that this was a
legitimate joke, and I too would be interested in hearing it. But IMHO you are
out of line!!!! >:{

Greg

Salvatore Caponigro

Sep 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/25/98
The joke is: Brian "Joe, a Priest, a Rabbi, and a guy wearing lederhosen
are on a plane." Joe interrputs him and says "Brian I"ve heard that
joke a million times." Then the three guys come into the terminal and
walk through and Brian says something and that is the beginning of the
episode.

GregMac

Sep 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/27/98

That is what I thought. But I have wondered if it is a real joke, and tried to
come up with one. So far all I got is the priest blowing a toy trumpet, the
rabbi blowing a shofar, and the guy wearing lederhosen blowing one of those
Alpine horns you see in the Riccola ads!! How to put all that into a good joke
I am still clueless!!

Greg

DocFranken

Sep 27, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/27/98

My guess is that there IS no real joke that starts like that. The beginning of
the joke was a parody of many other jokes that start wth "did you hear the one
about the (enter different characters here)The line was just a set up for the
sight gag.

Tom R. #1 Wings fan

brianb...@gmail.com

May 8, 2019, 11:33:30 PM5/8/19
a priest a rabbi and a guy wearing leiderhosen walk into a bar, and the bartender says, "what's this?! Some kind of joke?!"
It's a very self aware joke and not funny to many people except me.

brianb...@gmail.com

May 9, 2019, 11:33:23 PM5/9/19
On Saturday, September 12, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, HEDDA G7 wrote:
> On one of the episodes, Brian gets off the plane and says something about a
> priest, a rabbi and a guy in lederhosen (sp?) ...... Joe interrupts and says
> he's heard that joke about a million times. I have never heard the joke.
> Does anyone know it? And while I'm at it, I've never heard the infamous
> limerick about the lady from Nantucket! Anyone know this one?

The joke is: A priest a rabbi and a guy wearing leiderhosen walk into a bar, and the bartender says, "what's this?! Some kind of joke?!"

jedic...@gmail.com

Jul 16, 2020, 3:38:15 PM7/16/20
On Saturday, September 12, 1998 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, HEDDA G7 wrote:
> On one of the episodes, Brian gets off the plane and says something about a
> priest, a rabbi and a guy in lederhosen (sp?) ...... Joe interrupts and says
> he's heard that joke about a million times. I have never heard the joke.
> Does anyone know it? And while I'm at it, I've never heard the infamous
> limerick about the lady from Nantucket! Anyone know this one?

Does anyone remember which episode this is from?

Thanks!

Jane Doe

Mar 3, 2021, 5:41:43 AM3/3/21
S04 E20 Goodbye, Old Friend