THE WORLD ACCORDING TO LOWELL MATHER

LvrNtAFgtr

Apr 20, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/20/98

Lowell's dim witted yet well meaning ways were often good for a few laughs.
Here
you can post your favorite quote, moment, stunt, or anything else about Lowell
that made you laugh. For me, there are many, but a few that stand out:

In the episode STEW IN A STEW Lowell enters Joe's office upset over some
constructive criticism about his paperwork. Taking the floor, Lowell makes his
case: "And another thing, Mr. Boss Man, Mr. Quick with the paperwork!" he
snaps, cutting left to right with each syllable.

In the episode MS. JENKINS a pro Simon Says player trying to leave the terminal
is lured back by a few fightin' words: "Hey Mr. Simon says. I bet you can't get
me
out." "Are you a fraidy cat?" After hand clapping, feet stomping, arm raising,
arm
shaking, arm lowering, flying on his hands like a hummingbird, 2 dance moves
and acting out a scene in a movie, Lowell wins.

In the episode, THE GIFT PART 1 The group has parts in the play Phantom of the
Oprah, and is practicing at the Sandpiper ticket counter. Lowell's only line,
Excuse me Ms. Winfrey, that phone is out of order, is a bit much at first.
Later
Joe opens his office door just as Lowell's line comes up: "Excuse me Ms.
Winfrey, that....(silence)...... (Group shouts) "Phone is out of order!!"

Not to be left off are :

In the episode: THERE ONCE WAS A GIRL FROM NANTUCKET Joe wants to
know how a stranger in the terminal herad about his date. Lowell admits it:
"Shoot me Joe, it was a slow newsday!!"

In the episode INASNITY CLAUS a gunman takes over the airport with Antonio
as his hostage. Making his demands, they all end with "Or I shoot him." All but

the last one, Lowell finishes that for him: "Yes, we know, you'll shoot him. We

are not idiots."

Bchong94

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

Hey there,
LOL. Thanks for posting some of these, they bring back fond memories.
That last one just kills me. What about when Lowell take a sip of water from
that "cup" at Faye's house on Christmas Day?

Not quite bald-headed in the mouth yet,
Benny

MzK...@webtv.net

Apr 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/21/98

I loved the episode when Brian is trying to impress Alex by knowing
Clint Black. When they are pretending to be waiters in the room, Brian
tells Lowell to try to blend in.... After Brian's big chaotic moment,
the dry line of "Way to blend" to Brian was one I will never forget!
Lowell was the best!

LHAZ 61746

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

There was an episode that began with Brian reading the newspaper saying that
15% of the population would rather watch tv than have sex. Brian goes to Lowell
and says "Would you rather watch tv or have sex?" Lowell says, "Throw in dinner
and the choice is yours"!! I swear, that Lowell!!!
Lynne H

Keith Davenport

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

Black Eye Affair: "Dinner- still not ready!"

Just Say No: "Evacuating passengers, Roy, STILL MUCH DANGER!"

Goodbye Old Friend: "I'll miss prettying myself up for Weeb... I'll miss
the naps Weeb and I used to take together"

There are just so many!

DocFranken

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

We must not forget one of the best Lowell Mather moments which took place in
the episode called "Sports and Leisure" where his classic line was "Ann
Margaret!" I loved how Roy said "sorry joe but you didn't say anything about
Lowell being my partner" And he says " no offense Lowell and lowell replies in
a friendly manner "none taken Roy!". This episode was GREAT! My day went
around saying "Ann Margaret" for months whenever we broke out the Trivial
Pursuit game!
Oh yes! And another classic Lowell moment is in the episode "Try to
Remember the night he Dismembered" when Brian put Lowell under hypnosis and he
was asked to talk about the worst thing he ever did and he starts out" once
when I was out of underwear!" and they all interrupt him! LOL! That was a
scream!!!!!!!!
It's silly, but I got a little misty eyed when Joe and Brian hung
Lowell's cap on the wall in the hanger. By the way, in the "Hey wait a minute"
catagory, you never saw the hat in succeeding episodes!
long live Lowel Mather!!!

Tom-#1 Wings fan

MzK...@webtv.net

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

I have to agree... the Trivial Pursuit game was a riot! I loved the
line.... "none taken Roy!" It still makes me laugh..... :-)

MzK...@webtv.net

Apr 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/22/98

.. and no one can forget the episode where Joe accidently crushes
Lowells model he worked so hard on.... the tears as he cries, "Captain
Jasbo??"..... I laughed until I had my own tears!

DocFranken

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

I couldn't let this subject go by without recalling another great Lowell
momemt! I loved it in the episode "Black Eye Affair when Helen is all messed
up with poison ivy, green hair, a black eye and sauce all over her dress and
she goes "look at me!!! It's prom night and I'm Carrie!!" Better yet, I loved
Lowell's unsolicated but casual reply: "actually Carrie could be hosed off and
then she was ok, but you, well!" LOL!!!!! I scream every time I hear that!
hee hee!
Once again, long live the person known around the island as the man who'll
eat anything for a quarter! =)

Tom R.--#1 Wings fan

LHAZ 61746

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

>It's silly, but I got a little misty eyed when Joe and Brian hung
>Lowell's cap on the wall in the hanger. By the way, in the "Hey wait a
>minute"
>catagory, you never saw the hat in succeeding episodes!
> long live Lowel Mather!!!

Hey Tom!
It's not silly at all. I had tears in my eyes too as they hung his hat on the
door. Joe got some good use out of his lable maker....."Lowell's Hat. Do Not
Remove"
Another good Lowell moment....in Joe Blows II...when he was on the phone
describing his Harley as Helen was describing Joe....."3 feet tall, 900 pounds,
and a nice tight little seat!"

LHAZ 61746

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

>.. and no one can forget the episode where Joe accidently crushes
>Lowells model he worked so hard on.... the tears as he cries, "Captain
>Jasbo??"..... I laughed until I had my own tears!

Joe: I worked 6 hours just to get Captian Jasbo's arm back on.
Lowell: That's not his arm, Joe

Christian

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

These are my favorite quotes from Lowell:

From that episode where he was reocording his thoughts onto tape for his
son...."When someone says good morning to you, always say good morning
back, even if you could care less."

And I forget which one this is from...."I remember the day the day that
Davis proposed to Helen like it was yesterday....Hmmm..What did I do
yesterday?"

So funny!!!!!

MzK...@webtv.net

Apr 23, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/23/98

My sister reminded me this morning of a great Lowell moment....

Remember when Brian sank Lowell's boat he kept crying, "but you sunk my
boat!". Of course this lead to the great string of episodes of Joe,
Brian and Lowell all living together......

Still too funny!

--MzKitty

DocFranken

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

I think one of the Mather moments I love best is when Lowell is trying to come
up with a food he could be named after! Lowell melt, and lowell kabob and
the best one, Lowellslaw! LOL! Ever since that episode aired, I never call
colslaw "colslaw" any more! I always refere to it as Lowellslaw! People look
at me weird but who cares!

Tom R.-# Wings fan

Bchong94

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

Hey Tom,
"Boy, that Lowellslaw gave me gas". I think I better eat a Faye Bran
Muffin now. People look at you weird, Tom? Are you wearing that Big Strong
Man cape again?

Benny

Keith Davenport

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

> And I forget which one this is from...."I remember the day the day
> that
> Davis proposed to Helen like it was yesterday....Hmmm..What did I do
> yesterday?"

That would be from "The Love, Life, and Times of Joe and Helen", when
the whole gang is recounting the history of Joe and Helen's
relationship.

katrina stubbs

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

bcho...@aol.com (Bchong94) writes: > Hey there,

My favourite Lowell scene was from the episode in the 3rd season where
Antonio marries Helen so he can stay in the country. The person fromthe
naturalisation comes to check on Antonio and his friends are trying to hide him.
Antonio and the guys are sitting at the table and the man wants to see Antonnio.
Brian says he hasn't seen him and then asks joe who asks Ray who then asks Lowell.
Lowell turns to Antonio and says "have you Antonio".
It was hilarious!

Katrina

Clive Williams

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

MzK...@webtv.net wrote:

> I have to agree... the Trivial Pursuit game was a riot! I loved the
> line.... "none taken Roy!" It still makes me laugh..... :-)

MzKitty:
Yes, I also loved that Trivial Pursuit scene... Lowell keeps guessing
"Ann-Margret" to every question, but does not get the question where
that was the correct response.
Also, there's that episode where Lowell plays the ET theme music
(different arrangements if you will). [I wonder, was this as faked as
Helen on cello?]

Asa Williams, UW

Clive Williams

Apr 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/24/98

Yes, that thing brings back memories of when I posted here with food
ideas for the Ultimate. Those included:
the aforementioned Lowellslaw
NanHackett Hero (Laura and I teamed for that one)
Buffalo Wings a la Bernard (with Casey's Masterpiece Barbecue Sauce)
four flavors of barbecue: Original, Honey Mustard, Bernard's Bold
w/Bonus Bite!, and Joe and Brian Hickory Smoke
Chappel Cobbler
The Swirls Next Door
and more...

Asa Williams, UW
[May 21...]

GregMac

Apr 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM4/25/98

>Lowell turns to Antonio and says "have you Antonio".
>It was hilarious!

Katrina, that is only one of SO MANY hilarious lines in Wings!! We could post
lines from virtually EVERY episode, and probably not cover them all!

Greg

DocFranken

May 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/2/98

Hey we all can't forget one of the funniest Lowellisms on Wings!!!
" If you're driving a car down Seseme Street, will you in fact end up in Mr
Roger's Neighborhood?" LOL! Love that line!

Roy: You might! Hee hee!

Tom R. # 1 Wings Fan

Albert H. Dobyns

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

It wouldn't surprise me if Lowell tried it! Only he has that
strange sense of reality that makes anything he suggests possible!!!
--
Al

DocFranken

May 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/3/98

>It wouldn't surprise me if Lowell tried it! Only he has that
>strange sense of reality that makes anything he suggests possible!!!
>--
>Al

Al, and speaking of Lowell's sense of reality, doesn't the Car B Q sound
quite plausible? Has there ever been a Wings fan after all, who hasn't been
tempted to try that idea out? After all, it seems like a great idea!!!! I
remember a movie my dad and I were watching once where these youths were in a
junk yard and they were cooking their food on a car engine and I remember dad
and I looking at each other and saying "it's a CAR B Q!!!!" at the same time!
LOL!

Tom R. # 1 Wings fan

jasonsn...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2017, 9:36:11 PM3/3/17
On Friday, April 24, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, DocFranken wrote:
> I think one of the Mather moments I love best is when Lowell is trying to come
> up with a food he could be named after! Lowell melt, and lowell kabob and
> the best one, Lowellslaw! LOL! Ever since that episode aired, I never call
> colslaw "colslaw" any more! I always refere to it as Lowellslaw! People look
> at me weird but who cares!
>
> Tom R.-# Wings fan

--- he said, "That Lowell Mather gave me gas!" (not lowellslaw)

bud...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2018, 10:28:39 PM8/17/18
20 years later and I am searching for an episode I remember from my youth. All I can remember is Lowell working on a light fixture and saying something about a mouse in a maze getting shocked for doing the wrong thing. Then he gets shocked repeatedly while saying "I'll try it again." What episode was it?