Why did Farrah Forke leave?

Vito

Apr 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/11/99
Hi, Wings fans. I have a question: Does anyone know why (in REAL life)
the actress Farrah Forke (who played Brian's girlfriend) left Wings?...
Did she have a fight with the producers or something?... Was her
character gettting "low ratings?"... Just wondering.
Thanks in advance.

DocFranken

Apr 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/11/99
This is what I have heard. Farrah Forke had sillicone breast implants, but
they were defective , and she was a memeber of a class action lawsuit agains
the company that made the implants, Dow Corning, which is owned by NBC, which
also owns G.E. NBC gave her an ultimatum: Either disasssociate yourself from
the class action suit or be fired. She refused, and pressed on with the suit.
They at first started giving her less and less air time in the hopes she would
just get frustrated and quit, but when she didn't they finally wrote Alex out
of the show and fired her.
The cover story NBC gave to the press is that supposedly she and Crystal
Bernard didn't get along, so she quit, but I highly doubt that. Corporate
sleazes like NBC will never admit to the truth.

Tom R. #1 Wings fan

HEDDA G7

Apr 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/11/99
This is the first time I heard that story. Didn't know NBC owned Dow
Corning...makes sense now. In an interview in a Cleveland newspaper, STeven
simply said that the storyline with Alex had been taken as far as it could go
and that's why she was written out. He said they had sort of boxed Brian into
a corner by putting him in a long term relationship with Alex. Never quite
bought that story because I think it would have been interesting having Brian
watch Alex date other guys! Of course, if Alex hadn't left, they never would
have brought in CAsey. HeddaG7

Pfr777

Apr 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/12/99
But they did bring Farrah back for the episode with that talk show host that
Roy dated (can't remember her name).

yellow...@rocketmail.com

Apr 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/12/99
In article <19990411162548...@ng-fz1.aol.com>,

hed...@aol.com (HEDDA G7) wrote:
> This is the first time I heard that story. Didn't know NBC owned Dow
> Corning...makes sense now

Sorry to burst your bubble (!) but Dow Corning is a 50-50 joint venture of
Dow Chemical Co. and Corning Glass. Don't know where you're getting your
info, but it is completely wrong. I believe that GE owns CBS. GE also makes
silicone products that competes with Dow Corning. Perhaps thats where things
got crossed. Cleary, some huge jumps were made. Hope this helps you guys
out...

DocFranken

Apr 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/12/99

>But they did bring Farrah back for the episode with that talk show host that
>Roy dated (can't remember her name).

Mary Pat Lee

big...@my-dejanews.com

Apr 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/12/99
Mary Pat Lee. I love the way Antonio fawns over
Mary Pat Lee, it's classic.

DVeal70704

Apr 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/12/99
> I believe that GE owns CBS.

Actually, I think GE owns NBC.

DocFranken

Apr 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/13/99
>Actually, I think GE owns NBC.

yes it does!

Mavman97

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99
Clue: Do your homework. Yes, GE owns NBC, and neither has anything to do with
Dow, so the original Oliver Stone wannabe is clueless. At the time, Brians
character really had nowhere to go with Alex, and it is true that Forke was
actually a hot property at the time, (she was in a major film w/ Michael
Douglas and two new series in short time).

DocFranken

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99
>At the time, Brians
>character really had nowhere to go with Alex, and it is true that Forke was
>actually a hot property at the time, (she was in a major film w/ Michael
>Douglas and two new series in short time).

That's the OFFICIAL story. And Yes, GE and NBC do own Dow. Come on! She left
Wings for Dweebs????? Get real!

AngLT97

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99
>That's the OFFICIAL story. And Yes, GE and NBC do own Dow. Come on! She
>left
>Wings for Dweebs????? Get real!

When you get a chance to star on your very own show, I think anyone would take
it. Forke, on Dweebs, is the main star while she's playing second and third
fiddle to Tim, Steven, and Crystal.
Take a look at Thomas Haden Church. He left Wings to star in Ned and Stacey on
Fox. On Fox over NBC? Why? Because he will then become the main male star of
the show.

LHAZ 61746

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99
>> Come on! She left
Wings for Dweebs????? Get real!<<

LOL!! I laughed too, Tom, when I read that Farah Forke is a hot property!!!
HAHA!!! Where is she now, Huh???!!!!!!

Lynne H

LHAZ 61746

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99
And how long was Dweebs on the air??? Two episodes??!!!

Lynne H

GregMac

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99
>That's the OFFICIAL story. And Yes, GE and NBC do own Dow. Come on! She

>left
>Wings for Dweebs????? Get real!

Yep, she even was one of many network stars who were at The Mall of America to
promote their shows. Mall security of course prevented anyone from bothering
the stars. Besides I was heading home anyway, I try to avoid MOA if I can!!
<G>

Greg

AngLT97

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99
Dweebs were on for 6 episodes. Too bad they cancel it; it was pretty good
considering CBS' track record.

romm...@webtv.net

Apr 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/25/99
GE did own NBC, which is why Letterman always got into
trouble for picking on them.

**** Posted from RemarQ - http://www.remarq.com - Discussions Start Here (tm) ****

Pfr777

Apr 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/26/99
>and it is true that Forke was
>actually a hot property at the time, (she was in a major film w/ Michael
>Douglas and two new series in short time).

What was the Michael Douglass film she was in?

ccas...@iupui.edu

Apr 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM4/27/99

-**** Posted from RemarQ, http://www.remarq.com/?b ****-
Real Discussions for Real People

trivi...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2014, 4:21:34 PM8/8/14
disclosure

tfla...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2014, 9:41:07 PM12/8/14
That is not possible. That lawsuit occurred many years later. Years after wings was no longer on the air.

the.real....@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2019, 12:02:58 PM3/1/19
Haha. Funny how people didn’t know anything back then. She left because she starred in a new show, dweebs. The show only lasted one season.

sste...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2019, 8:41:50 PM4/4/19
Yes

maris...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2020, 7:41:31 PM1/7/20
NBC does not own Dow Corning, DuPont owns Dow Corning

jaye501

Aug 23, 2020, 9:27:36 PM8/23/20
On Monday, December 8, 2014 at 9:41:07 PM UTC-5, tfla...@gmail.com wrote:
> That is not possible. That lawsuit occurred many years later. Years after wings was no longer on the air.
you don't have a clue what you're talking about... the lawsuit was started in 94... she was kicked off the show in 95... i have no knowledge of the reason... but the timeline is correct...

jaye501

Aug 23, 2020, 9:28:42 PM8/23/20
On Tuesday, January 7, 2020 at 7:41:31 PM UTC-5, maris...@gmail.com wrote:
> NBC does not own Dow Corning, DuPont owns Dow Corning
dupont acquired dow in 2017...