Just how much power does the Commerce Clause give Congress?

Fay Glenn

Apr 2, 2010, 10:56:04 AM4/2/10
Just how much power does the Commerce Clause give Congress?
David J. Donovan

Members of congress believe the Commerce Clause gives them enormous
power to control Americans, most recently evidenced in Health Care
legislation's requirement to purchase insurance.

Perhaps they are being too modest in their grasp of power. Consider the
wording of the Commerce Clause:

Article. I, Section. 8, Clause. 3: (Congress shall have the power) To
regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States,
and with the Indian Tribes;

The Clause provides the same power over foreign Nations as over the
States. Therefore, Congress really has the power to control the world!
Woo-hoo! You rule the world, Nancy!

But in reality I see Congress having the same power to force anyone in
Tennessee or Switzerland to buy insurance: none.

LEGALIZE THE CONSTITUTION
====================================
DON'T BLAME ME---I DIDNT VOTE FOR HIM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
BO voted as a senator for everything he's bashing Bush for now
=====================================

K In Colorado

Apr 5, 2010, 9:26:43 AM4/5/10

Fay Glenn

Apr 5, 2010, 10:17:58 AM4/5/10
Stevens is talking about retiring. He's a liberal but not as liberal as
those being considered! Need a USSC that can read the Constitution
instead of trashing it.

K In Colorado

Apr 5, 2010, 3:11:05 PM4/5/10

Jackie Cook

Apr 6, 2010, 9:31:40 AM4/6/10
I heard he has already proposed three names and all three are radical
left.