Thundercats

1 view

The Love Child Of Hiro And Claire The Cheerleader

Jun 11, 2007, 8:36:14 AM6/11/07
Warner Bros. Clarifies -- 'Thundercats' Will Be Animated

Posted Jun 10th 2007 5:02PM by Jessica Barnes
Filed under: Action & Adventure, Animation, Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Warner
Brothers, Scripts & Screenwriting, DIY/Filmmaking, Comic/Superhero/Geek,
Remakes and Sequels

It looks like Warner Bros. has a few things to clear up about their
big-screen version of Thundercats. An article in the LA Times confirms that
the film will be done entirely with CGI. It was just a few days ago the
Patrick had reported that the series had been given the go-ahead for a film
treatment with relative newcomer Paul Sopocy on board to write the
live-action script. Now, a spokesperson for WB confirmed that despite any
talk of the contrary, the film would be animated. Which is probably for the
best, since I can't see many big name actors willing to get into cat-suits,
or wanting to play a Snarf. Misperceptions about the film aside, WB is still
planning on using Sopocy's script.

The original story of Thundercats revolved around a band of "felinesque"
characters who suffer the double whammy of having their home planet
destroyed and then are forced to go on the run from an evil sorcerer named
Mumm-Ra. The series spawned a run of comic books and was revived on The
Cartoon Network in the late 90's (if you are feeling nostalgic, you can also
get the first two seasons on DVD). The announcement of a big-screen version
comes on the heels of news of film adaptations of fellow 80's classics G.I.
Joe and He-Man. I just hope Sopocy can fill in some of the blanks of the
relatively flimsy story of Lion-O and the gang. To be honest, Thundercats
only made sense if you were eight years old -- or if you were high. Then
again, it's not like G.I. Joe and He-Man would be mistaken for social
commentary either, so who am I to judge?

NiGHTS

Jun 11, 2007, 12:52:48 PM6/11/07
The Love Child Of Hiro And Claire The Cheerleader wrote:
> Warner Bros. Clarifies -- 'Thundercats' Will Be Animated

So this is where you get off, right?

--
NiGHTS/Nightcrawler [mWo]
Fear Is The Mindkiller

"just a curtain jerking jobber here in RSPWland" -Lord Gow
"a laughably shitty shitbag" -The Teacher
"pretty pathetic" -rwa2play
"NiGHTS is gay!!!" -Corey